IGNORED

Cell Phones?

Stunseed

Ok, I notice a lot of people talk about having cell phones in LOS, both where to aquire one cheaply and how they have their uses. My question is this: As a person who HATES cell phones, is not having one going to make things more difficult for me on my trip?

Thanks in advance :68:

Fuck the world...preferably 2 women at a time.

Ok, I notice a lot of people talk about having cell phones in LOS, both where to aquire one cheaply and how they have their uses. My question is this: As a person who HATES cell phones, is not having one going to make things more difficult for me on my trip?

Thanks in advance :68:

Mind you I was in Phuket not pattaya, but I didnt have one and it wasnt a problem.

Nah ive been on 2 trips now without a mobile phone but i did use my english one last time and had a huge bill! im goin with a mate so it will be eaiser for us just to find out where we are and meet up wid girls n stuff. Everyone to there own tho!

i find it useful, one for hookin up with others who may be staying in other hotels etc.

also, and most importantly, if i see a girl, and im with another, i tend to get the new one's number and call her the next night, or later on if im taking ST, loads of birds are willing to give their numbers and i love nothing more than a sexy conversation in broken english every now and again!

I have been researching the costs or using my US Cell. Well forget that at a $1.99 per minute. So, I am lookinginto getting a go phone as I do not want to take my Cracberry and have it left behind or lost. Plus, I am going during April 4-15th and there will be of water. Once I have the cheap $20 phone that will do GSM 850/1900 bands, then I can request for the unlock codes and look to buy a SIM card when I land. I believe having one will help me get in touch with the local Mongers to party and track down any BG I have a list of numbers for. I was told by Cingular chick who use to live in BK, that the best thing was to get the Go Phone, the request the unlock codes and get a local sim card so you can swap the sim cards if you need to have your phone on for any home country calls. Keep in mind many of the regulars on this board I bet have a ton of info on SIM cards and how to get services. It will be my fisrt trip to Pattaya, but being able to call the Little Brown Box (lol) when I want her is the way I want to go. But after all there is so much over there that I will likely never make up my mind and keep looking for the gold mine.

Take a look at the technical forum, I believe there is some information in it about SIM Cards

Edited by Luvtomuff

Looking forward to spending time with friends again and missing Thailand

I have been researching the costs or using my US Cell. Well forget that at a $1.99 per minute. So, I am lookinginto getting a go phone as I do not want to take my Cracberry and have it left behind or lost. Plus, I am going during April 4-15th and there will be of water. Once I have the cheap $20 phone that will do GSM 850/1900 bands, then I can request for the unlock codes and look to buy a SIM card when I land. I believe having one will help me get in touch with the local Mongers to party and track down any BG I have a list of numbers for. I was told by Cingular chick who use to live in BK, that the best thing was to get the Go Phone, the request the unlock codes and get a local sim card so you can swap the sim cards if you need to have your phone on for any home country calls. Keep in mind many of the regulars on this board I bet have a ton of info on SIM cards and how to get services. It will be my fisrt trip to Pattaya, but being able to call the Little Brown Box (lol) when I want her is the way I want to go. But after all there is so much over there that I will likely never make up my mind and keep looking for the gold mine.

Take a look at the technical forum, I believe there is some information in it about SIM Cards

Not sure what part of the US your in but im on the east coast and we have FYE's everywhere. (for your entertainment) Its a movie and cd store. They sell go phones for 20 bucks motorola's have a sim card slot but not sure if thier unlocked. Cingular sells Gos of course but sells them for 50 to 100 i think. I thought about grabbing a few for my trip in may and giving them out as gifts to favorite girls. their small and have cam and video. More I think of it i just might grab two or three.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

What should I expect to pay for a very basic used phone at Tukcom? Will they be willing to deal if I buy 2? Second one for my wingman

"It takes a lot of good beer to make a great wine"

OK if you take a Phone from the UK with you , what code would some one in Thailand have to use to phone you ?

Am I right in thinking that they would be charged an overseas rate , for calling you ?

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

I believe that would depend on whether the 2 carriers have mutual support agreements in place. If they do then it should be a reduced rate closer to the local rate or a normal roaming charge vice an international roaming charge.

Has anybody tried worlphone option from http://www.ekit.com/ekit/MobilePurchase/Phones? I have bought their tri-band GSM phone with a UK number and it works using a 'callback' method (when you dial-out, the phone sends an SMS message and you get a call-back after connecting the call). Since I am not too fmiliar with SIM card concept, my question is - can I get a local SIM card in BKK and replace the SIM card on this phone or will I have to get a different GSM phone in BKK with a local number?

Short but sweet. How much for a basic cell phone it Pattaya? And also how much for time. Whats it cost to call US? I've made 4 trips without one but found a need last time and it was later in my trip and not worth the hassle. This time one of my priorities.

I'm thinking long distance charges are about 70 cents per minute to U.S.A. A basic phone is around 2000 baht or $55. Buy yourself a SIM & you are all set.

Short but sweet. How much for a basic cell phone it Pattaya? And also how much for time. Whats it cost to call US? I've made 4 trips without one but found a need last time and it was later in my trip and not worth the hassle. This time one of my priorities.

Sim cards are easy to get in Thailand and readily available almost anywhere, you can't miss the shops. They will work fine in a ny phone that takes sim cards so long as the phone is unlocked. You can get the phone unlocked at home or spend $15 or so to get them unlocked in Thailand. Big C and Tukcom in Pattaya both have people that can do this for you.

A Dtac SIM card will cost you 199B which includes (I think) 50B of credit.

I would not be in Pattaya without a phone now. It just makes catching up with fellow mongers and your ladies so much more convenient. I'd suggest using a cheap phone so that you are not concerned about having it stolen or losing it.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Why not buy a phone and sim in thailand? I have a couple of phones. I interchange cards while in thailand,then again at home. Cheap and easy. And there are phone sellers everywhere. Actually saved a couple of hundred by buying my samsung in big c. later Next!

A Dtac SIM card will cost you 199B which includes (I think) 50B of credit.

I would not be in Pattaya without a phone now. It just makes catching up with fellow mongers and your ladies so much more convenient. I'd suggest using a cheap phone so that you are not concerned about having it stolen or losing it.

So how much is a call in pattaya for local calls? 50B doesn't seem a lot...

So how much is a call in pattaya for local calls? 50B doesn't seem a lot...

You are right 50B is not a lot. If you are coming to Thailand once or twice a year I would suggest you get take out the Simple plan. The rate is 2B per minute and credit is valid for 1 year.

Here is some information I lefted from their website:

SIMPLE, new SIM from Happy, simplifies your call with its easy to understand and uncomplicated calling package.

About this Promotion :

During the first 30 days, starting from the date of activation:

-Enjoy 1 baht per call for all network calling from midnight

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

True and 12call SIM is 99 baht with about 30 baht (I think) credit on it.

If possible buy your SIM from an English speaking shop or with a Thai speaker because they are NOT all the same - different SIMS are set up for different packages. You CAN change the package on the phone but most don't as they dont realise the option is there.

For example with True (my provider) you can buy cards as follows

1baht per CALL 9am - 6pm to another True holder. 3 baht per minute to other networds (best for me as I only really call my family)

2 baht per minute flat rate to all networks (best if you are collecting numbers or calling after 6pm))

There are OTHER options but I don't know them off-hand.

In addition some SIMS are set up for International Calls and some are not - likewise some are set up for lower cost international calls. Some have the voicemail facility switched on already and some don't.

As I said, dont just walk into a shop and ask for "a SIM card please" as that way you will not know which tarrif you have unless you can actually read the Thai on the outer packaging. Try and ensure you get the package you want - and ask for the voicemail to be enabled if you want it (take note sexyone)

FWIW - I would recommend TRUE over 12call (AIS) for the simple reason that 12call send you annoying text advertising about 20 times a day and TRUE don't do this. if you ask them to "switch off" the text ad's your alerts and SMS gets switched off too.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

:) I am new to this forum But not to Thailand I am from the U.S. as well and I have a cell phone from t-moble that i just change the sim card when i go to thailand. I usually go to MBK and pay 200 baht for the sim card and buy a 500 baht time, so for 700 baht i am good to go for 2 weeks. Some of the t-moble or cingular phone are locked so you must get it unlocked it might cost an additional 200-300 baht. There are hundreds of cell phone booths there so if you want to shop for a used cell phone just make sure it works. I use True or Orange Hope that helps...

• 3 months later...

If you have a Thai sim card what do you need to do to still receive sms on it when you get back home ?

Is this possible.

activate it for roaming before u leave, and u can receive sms back home

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"