IGNORED

Beutiful--------Thai word

badboybilly

Most of us know the Thai word for 'Beatiful'........but little did I know....now that Im learning Thai that it also can mean 'curse'.

:o

Depends on how you say it.........re..the tone.

Slow ........sueee..whhhhhhhhy....beutiful

The other's a curse

Edited by badboybilly

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

I'm sure 100's of bargirls get called unlucky everyday, haha, i know I've ซวย'd loads of times and as it's a midtone it's normal for us to say it that way.

This very true....Thai is tonal and tough for many of us Farangs to speak because of this.

Lucky for us the girls in Pattaya understand this so don't mind being called unlucky every day. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

In Isaan, Suay means "Late", So with Isaan girls you should say gnam or suay gnam if you want to say beautiful

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

e

In Isaan, Suay means "Late", So with Isaan girls you should say gnam or suay gnam if you want to say beautiful

I cant say those 'ngam' words....I try......but cannot say 'tam ngaan'....word for 'work.'..................the other 'ngai.....word for' easy'.seems to be nasal type tone..........tam ngaaan........i just cant get the 'g' in after the 'n'.

Edited by badboybilly

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

I cant say those 'ngam' words....I try......but cannot say 'tam ngaan'....word for 'work.'..................the other 'ngai.....word for' easy'.seems to be nasal type tone..........tam ngaaan........i just cant get the 'g' in after the 'n'.

It just needs practice BBB,

Just say the word "Singing" over and over. Drop the "S", then drop the "i" That will get you used to starting a word with "ng"

If you are still having problems with a words such as ngahn in Tum ngahn, then start of by saying singing, change to singahn, Drop the s and then the i and you will be saying ngahn perfectly, just give it time

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

thanks Loong....great advice Thankyou

..it's not easy..........but i will try to perservere....

A lot of BG have trouble with getting their tongue around this phrase lol

The "ww" sound is kinda funny...as in dwwm (drink), sww (buy) or ywwn (stand) when you have to make a face like you're taking a poo. Another that often makes me trip over my own tongue is "pen yang-ngai baang" (how about?)

I'm only on my 15th lesson, the biggest challenge for me is to memorize all the words.

Posted Image

• It aint easy that's for sure.............