Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Iphone 3GS Unlocking

Stevedirtycash

I was wondering if anyone has had there iphone 3gs unlocked in Tukcom at all , and how much it cost ?

As i am wondering to do it in the UK or Thailand

Thanks

Stevie Boi

Why not just do it yourself? It's pretty simple - just google iPhone 3gs unlock and follow the instructions...

edit:spelling

Edited by singalong

9 people can't make a baby in one month

had mine done there about 6 months ago cost bht 600-700 from memory and they needed it for about 2 hrs it was already unlocked in uk but wouldnt work with a dtac sim but they sorted it

If you are end of contract the 3gs is pretty old your provider will probibly do it for free over the phone. Takes a couple of days to come through. If not Tukcom will jailbreak it for 5 to 7 hundred baht.

O2 did it for me next time i plugged it into my pc it said unlocking iphone i had to do nothing

Arcouk

ARCOUK

ok good stuff i will let the thais jail break it for me then see if i can get it for the 500 baht , over here they are charging £60 at my local shop .

I actually did it this week and it cost me 400 baht. The lady asked 500 and I smiled and before I had a chance to say anything she immediately dropped it to 400.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Thai girl here has one of these iPhone 4S's.. she purchased it at the cambodian market on the border.. apparently there's a lot there for cheap? but yeah, the issue is its blocked so i have a few suspicions.. any way to get it working though?

Thai girl here has one of these iPhone 4S's.. she purchased it at the cambodian market on the border.. apparently there's a lot there for cheap? but yeah, the issue is its blocked so i have a few suspicions.. any way to get it working though?

Would be one of them fake ones this one is a British one im bringing over for the g.f, so just need it unlocked ,maybe jail breaked for me , but not if its got that thing everytime the phone restarts you got to do again i will just get it unlocked to a thai sim for her .

as you come up the escalator look to the far right and go to Pao mobile, i have been using them for years as other stalls come to them for help. 400 - 600 baht for jailbreak and unlock. you can buy your sim there and top it up

I had my 4g done at a shop on buckwae they charged me 600

I lost everything but my numbers and when I went home I think I updated my phone then when I went back to Los it wouldn't work and the phone was jail broken not sure why it didn't work again

I was wondering if anyone has had there iphone 3gs unlocked in Tukcom at all , and how much it cost ?

As i am wondering to do it in the UK or Thailand

Thanks

Stevie Boi

Check with your phone provider, I'm with Vodafone and they unlock contract iPhones for free - and we're talking proper manufacturer IME unlock, any sim you want, no need for jail breaking. Think something to do with law change in the Uk, they have to do this for you if requested. Not sure about pay as you go phones.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

as you come up the escalator look to the far right and go to Pao mobile, i have been using them for years as other stalls come to them for help. 400 - 600 baht for jailbreak and unlock. you can buy your sim there and top it up

I think this is the same place I had my 3GS unlocked. If I remember it cost 500 baht. I just dropped it off and picked it up a few hours later; popped in a Thai sim and was off and running.

I think the ones at the Cambodian market are STOLEN.. !

Crazy.

Phones barred from IMEI so basically a waste of time unless you use it for WIFI etc...

Not much I can say to her apart from she shouldn't of purchased it!

ok good stuff i will let the thais jail break it for me then see if i can get it for the 500 baht , over here they are charging £60 at my local shop .

So do you want it jail breaked or unlocked? There's a difference.

Jail breaking means unlocking the phone from the Apple OS. This means you can install apps and programs outside of iTunes that are not approved by Apple (because they are usually free).

Unlocking the phone means freeing it from your network carrier (ie; Vodafone). This can usually be done directly with your carrier and should be free (it was for me anyway). Can easily be done in Thailand and allows you to stick in a local sim.

Jail breaking can also be done in Thailand but its a bit more complicated and I personally wouldnt trust a Thai shop to do it.