IGNORED

Was i clever or Sneaky

badboybilly

to cut a long story short..a baR girl said to a bar girl that i was 'sa-let ...or sa-led...depend on how you prounou nce it.

The bargirl who said it told the girl who was sitting with me........she sort of looked at me like she saw a ghost..but then went back to smiling.

So i looked it up .the word ...and see it means 'clever' in English......so i was quite happy.........BUT.....on telling m y Thai flatmate about it today.........he said they the bargirls meant I was '.......'sneaky' ...........anyone know.....were they saying I was 'clever' or 'sneaky'.......... :o

Edited by badboybilly

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

Tpye it into the link below ( left handside "LOOKUP" ) then once it is displayed put your mouse over the word for the meaning.

http://www.thai-language.com/dict

ไม่พบคำ salet

Edited by ProudAussie

Depends on what you were doing/saying to make her say the word. I would say the Thai word for clever is pronounced "chalaat" with a "ch" sound not "s"

cha -............ laat......... ............yes got it.......clever...they were sayig i was a clever dick :GoldenSmile1: chaL laat

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

I use a talking dictionaryy that I found at http://www.word-in-the-hand.com/

I get this:

sneaky adj.

ไม่­ซื่อ mâi-​sʉ̂ʉ

and

clever adj. (intelligent)

เก่ง gèng ; ฉลาด chà~​làat ; เฉลียว­ฉลาด chà~​lǐiao-​chà~​làat

Edited by Scuzz

I doubt if most Thai people could really distinguish any difference between clever & sneaky.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

I doubt if most Thai people could really distinguish any difference between clever & sneaky.

Sometimes can be clever and sneaky same in one moment! Do not forget ! 5555

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

1. At first I thought they were calling me a .....slut..................gee who knows,maybe they were....and talking english....dont k now how they knew

Edited by badboybilly