IGNORED

18 Coins Soi Buakhao?

Mr Tangmo

Hello Chaps,

I am thinking of booking a room in 18 coins and appreciate your advises, I've done lots of research and this one seems to meet most of requirements.

Just want ensure that :

- it has a safe box in each room

- joiner free

- accessible (within bus route)

Thanks in advance.

Doubt they have a joiner fee.Bus out front door

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

not stayed there but has very good restaurant on ground floor tho service can be a bit spotty.

hotel always seems busy, and its in an excellent location on soi b , loadsa bars go-gos all around and a 10 min walk to Walking Street.

enjoy.

nice place to stay you also get 10% discount if you stay more than 10 nights.

i stayed in the deluxe room which is 600 baht per night, great location. one of the best breakfast in pattaya.

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

Dayo...

This is also my under consideration. but I need internet access.

whether in the hotel rooms free wifi

Pattaya holiday 9.2.2012-8.3.2012

I've stayed in 18 coins for 3 weeks last trip for 500 tbh / night. (okt/nov 2011)

I would book there again in a heartbeat if it wasn't that they have upped the prices quite a bit. I had a local check the prices for march/april 2012. 750-800 maybe more was the answer of 18 coins.

They have no joiner fee, ID is required. I haven't tried more than one guest, 1 guest is no problem.

The food is quite nice and not too expensive.

You can hope on the baht bus that will drive you to the intersection 2nd street & south pattaya road ( very close to walking street)

There is wifi available on each floor and in the lobby, the linksys routers/repeaters are easy to spot hanging near the ceiling. Little tip: If you have problem recieving an IP-address unplug the nearest access point en replug it.

The rooms are kept nice and clean, nice and quiet at night and a little balcony (i didn't have much of a view though)

If you need more info, feel free to ask.

..ow btw, be careful with the big boobed waitress with nice curves ;) If you're not into LB, just smile and order your food.

Edited by mainframe
Posted Image

Many thanks guys for your help, really appreciated.

I've reserved it and shall share my experience with you when I am back :-)

food great always very clean and yes some lb staff but nice and friendly no issues plus premiership footy on screens . liked look of place to eat and if rooms have a safe etc sounds perfect

Quick tip - It's cheaper to book the rooms through Agoda than it is directly with 18 coins.

I spent a few nights there and it was great, except that the beds were too small. I'm 6ft3 and my feet were hanging off the edge.

The food was fantastic. The daily specials were great and the breakfast was good.

I'd stay there again for sure.

Sorry to burst the bubble,but I stayed at 18 Coins at the end of 2010.It was undoubtedly one of the worst hotels I have stayed in Pattaya.It felt like a prison cell,and really not clean.

I could'nt wait to leave, and as soon as a room became available in nearby soi diana, I hot footed it up the road.The food was passable if your imagination only runs to deep fried european food.

• 3 weeks later...

When I was there in September I checked out the rooms to see if I wanted to stay. Unfortunately the rooms were very small barley enough room to swing a cat (I must have been shown the smallest room) There are probably bigger rooms available, just was never shown any due to the fact they were already booked.

However the food is excellent and worth trying, The owner seems like a very nice bloke welcoming and friendly,

Edited by Pattaya67

thanks dayo ,just looking at it on agoda now

don't need to book mate just turn up you will get a better deal as long its not high season

stay more than 10 nights you will get 10% discount

Dayo...

it says on Agoda no rooms available in march,but i would rather a hotel with a swimming pool,stayed opey de place last september,good enough for me,all i need is a pool ,bed ,shower,i wouldnt pay too much on a hotel.location was brillant.

i was 2 time in 18 coins hotel and confirm in full is good hotel and food is good also i can suggest at member there work one amazing ladyboy her name is nam if you like her happy time togheter but with tip :)

about swimming pool ... front 18 coins are other hotel and you can go there and pay not expensive.

• 1 month later...

I stayed there for 2-3 nights recently and I was not impressed. I might be biased as I was put on the ground floor. The hotel looks like it definitely needs an uplift and there are MUCH MUCH MUCH better options just across the road for the same price (or cheaper).

I stayed here because I wanted a hotel with a lift - very important for me! as I don't want to be trekking upstairs with my new best friend (esp not at 5am in the morning .. half drunk and sleepy)

Also there was a lot of mis-communication with the front reception desk. I said I paid for the room through Agoda (standard rate).. and do I need to finalise payment at the desk or have I already paid to Agoda and I don't need to pay anymore. she kept insisting I have to pay at hotel. I logged into my email and checked Agoda confirmation which clearly said no further payments are necessary.

Also, the rate you pay at the hotel desk is slightly more than the Agoda rate (Strange!).

The room, as it was in the ground floor - was just very suffocating and full of mosquitos. I would not stay again at the hotel.

w

I stayed there for 2-3 nights recently and I was not impressed. I might be biased as I was put on the ground floor. The hotel looks like it definitely needs an uplift and there are MUCH MUCH MUCH better options just across the road for the same price (or cheaper).

I stayed here because I wanted a hotel with a lift - very important for me! as I don't want to be trekking upstairs with my new best friend (esp not at 5am in the morning .. half drunk and sleepy)

Also there was a lot of mis-communication with the front reception desk. I said I paid for the room through Agoda (standard rate).. and do I need to finalise payment at the desk or have I already paid to Agoda and I don't need to pay anymore. she kept insisting I have to pay at hotel. I logged into my email and checked Agoda confirmation which clearly said no further payments are necessary.

Also, the rate you pay at the hotel desk is slightly more than the Agoda rate (Strange!).

The room, as it was in the ground floor - was just very suffocating and full of mosquitos. I would not stay again at the hotel.

whats the names of the "much much" better places across the road, cheers

i can resist anything , apart from temptation

• 2 months later...

yes Sutus court is one of them

but there are many others .. I don't remember the names and not sure if you can book them in advance (some of them you can others you can't) ... you just have to turn up and you will be given a room if people are checking out.

sorry, guest friendly or not ? I mean need pay for girl or not ?

sorry, guest friendly or not ? I mean need pay for girl or not ?

yes guest friendly, with no limit how many ladies you take back to your room at any one time............

Dayo...