IGNORED

tired of heat

vbbitter

just curious if any of you guys get tired of living in air-con all the time and have any expats pulled the plug and gone back home to boringville and the cooler weather back home .i love pattaya and i am going to live there for 2 years shortly ,i have previously stayed 6 months but i just get a feeling the heat day in and day out will drive me home. january not included as i hear you guys are having great weather now ,enjoy.

good health for the new year to everyone

just curious if any of you guys get tired of living in air-con all the time and have any expats pulled the plug and gone back home to boringville and the cooler weather back home .i love pattaya and i am going to live there for 2 years shortly ,i have previously stayed 6 months but i just get a feeling the heat day in and day out will drive me home. january not included as i hear you guys are having great weather now ,enjoy.

good health for the new year to everyone

Toughen the f..k up your an aussie FFS.

What part you from Canberra lol

Switch-off the aircon, put the fan on. You'll save money, save the planet and be aclimated to the heat in a month.

Only two time I have the A/C on here in Thailand, the first is in the office but I have mine set to 27C and the second is at night when sleeping set to 24C. The house always has its doors and windows wide open with the ceiling fans running and its always comfortable. The longer you stay here the easier it becomes.

I don't even sweat no more :WinkGrin1: after a few months you get used to it .

Aircon on only at night , during daytime a fan is enough .

Very rarely use the a/c - a fan is generally enough. You'll find your first couple of electric bills will help you acclimatise.

I think the heat is the main reason i like to stay in Thailand (plus the girls of course). Coming from the UK which has shit weather i love it here. You are never cold 365 days of the year, you can always walk out in shorts/t shirt. I only use the air con a lot around April. Weather is fantastic now, 85F daytime, 75F night time. I don't know why anyone would complain about the weather. Go and live in the UK you will have something to complain about.

Edited by chris2004

I think that the body adapts to these things.

As others have said...in a few months you will be used to it.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I only use the air con to cool the room when I first get in, then turn the fan on all the time. In summer time the humidity is what gets to you, its been great the last couple of weekis, breeze every day, very little humidity, the girls even put the blanket on the bed and they are all rugged up. The security guard looks like an arctic explorer. You will adapt pretty quick, as others have said dont use the air con too much, thats what will give you a cold the constant change of temp.

My problem is not the heat anymore.. it's that I freaking freeze when i go back to where I was from.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

I live in a near-ideal climate -- never gets too hot (highest is around 27 Celsius) or too cold (lowest is around 12 or 13 Celsius) -- and I'd trade it in for the heat and humidity of Pattaya at the drop of a hat if I could!

Which part of Australia you are from... here in Sydney,,,it sometimes tops 45 degreees.......but I understand what you mean about the A/c,

I have had mine on...A/con... here back in Sydney every night...actually last week when I was in Pattaya it was much cooler.

Today it's hot here........I need to escape back to Pattaya.....

Edited by badboybilly

Last 3 days in Adelaide been 38, 41, 39 degree's ,my mouth as dry as a bulls bum going up hill backwards. I would do any thing be in cooler Pattaya right now.

Fear and Loathing in Pattaya

'my mouth as dry as a bulls bum going up hill backwards'

........lol ..................great

40.9 today here in Melbourne and 37 tomorrow ....love it

Pattaya has a unique climate. Not too hot in Spring and Summer and far less rain than other areas of LOS.

Personally I use the A/C just in the office. At home the ceiling fans do a great job.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.