IGNORED

OZ Burger

badboybilly

I tried a couple of times earlier in the month. Both burgers were tasty and filled the spot.

Just a question about the Oz Burger...did it have beetroot ? Cause without it it shouldn’t be an Oz Burger!

Yes, and that was why I tried one. Good enough that I'd have another one, and since I stay around that area, it will probably happen next trip.

• 3 months later...

I will try your burger in my next trip

Ive reported on this place before but to be honest the last 2 holidays I have found it very disappointing.

The service was the main thing lacking.

The lights were on but nobody was home!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I gave up on OZ Burger last year,I walked away...

I'd had a couple of burgers from there before over the span of a year or so, they was good actually.Fast forward to last year - I was hungry one early evening and thought I'd get myself a cheeseburger.

There was nobody there, just the girl doing the serving. I sat down on a stool and ordered my cheeseburger and she put a book on the counter and started to write in it........ and write in it......... and write in it.

I'm sat there thinking.............???

A middle aged English couple came up and looked at me and indicated is it alright we order, or are you waiting? I said no it's ok go ahead.

They ordered what they wanted and then she went back to her book and started writing again.I waited another minute or so then looked at the English couple who where still stood up and said to them that I've been here 5 minutes before you came up and all she has done is write in her book. She hasn't even put my burger on the hotplate yet.

I said to them "fuck this I'm out of here" and got off my stool to walk away. The girl said I'm doing now! I'm doing now!

I walked away towards LK Metro to get a kebab instead. I quickly looked back over my shoulder and the English couple were walking away too.

Haven't been back since...

• 6 months later...

This place is a dump.. The oz owner sits behind the stand barking orders at the staff. Service is crap, burgers below average and the farang owner a complete knob!

Look around peeps there are a lot of places around there serving fast food that hits the spot with service that doesn't get your back up!!

Haha. The poms don't like the ozzie burger. It's a welcome change after a week or so of thai food. 12 or 18 beers, and a good burger. Beaudy. I found the girl on duty to be really nice. She was about 35 or so. Maybe she is over people crying about the tucker. No butties here, or whatever that is. Oz burger mate.

Had one last week and it was OK

Cheeseburger with extra bacon....155bt from memory

As from next week the best in town will be.....the ones I cook myself at home  :GoldenSmile1:

Any tips for sourcing good bread rolls will be appreciated....guess I'll start with Central....but totally open to suggestions

Thanks in advance for suggestions

It's meatloaf, not a burger. If god wanted anything other than 100% beef in a hamburger pattie, he would have made cows with preseasoned meat.

Aussies, jeez.

Best buns I've found for burgers are at Friendship--from Das Bakhaus bakery. They are 10 baht each--you can recognize them as they have flour on top.

For a proper Qz burger try The Wombat Beach Road Jomtien or the Walkabout just round the corner in Soi 9.

The burgers are actually cooked in the Walkabout kitchen, The Wombat and Walkabout is owned by Bruno an Australian.

They have a range of burgers Steak, Beef, Pork, Chicken as well as a proper Aussie burger with beetroot, prices range from 150 to 250 baht so not the cheapest but you get a proper meaty burger 8.5 ounces (half a pound) apart from the steak burger 5.5 ounces.

I had a pork burger there yesterday 150 baht and thoroughly enjoyed it.

"The Wombat and Walkabout is owned by Bruno an Australian."

With a good Aussie name like Bruno he would do a mean fish and chips.

Nice tasting burgers but i'm pretty sure i got food poisoning from them once. Was shitting everywhere the next day and the burger was pink in the middle.

They also need to do something about the annoying as hell lady boys that hang around there at the later hours. I don't want to deal with that constant agressive lady boy BS when I just want some food.

Aussie burger?? Hmm,  Ok, Whats the difference between an egg and a beetroot?

A Wombat... Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

Too many of the burgers here taste like meatloaf with loads of fillers and spices.  100% ground beef is what makes a burger good :)

Heheh, Thanks Goanna.. Remembering that one always makes me laugh!! I remember someone getting in past the censor button on a talkback radio station a few years back!! Cheers

A Wombat... Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

had the bacon & egg burger a few weeks ago that was really good, thick, and tasty (see post here

just grabbed another tonight and although the taste and quality were the same, the big difference was that the beef patty itself was atleast 50% smaller than last time!!! 

this was rather disappointing... it seems the lady added extra bacon to try and make up for it, but i would have preferred the thicker patty.

both times service was fast, friendly and with a smile though.... will probably still get a burger there again if im hungry and happen to be nearby, but i wont make a special trip over there for it.

I generally avoid foreign food when in Thailand - except for a decent steak every now and then - its usually done badly and eating local is way cheaper.

Burgers?  I dont think so.

Archived