IGNORED

Sleeping pills

deathlay

Got my hands on xanax and 1 30mg tamazpam and as i only have one of each i cant test them before i fly so much difference between them or its just the same effect?one less drowsy etc

Got my hands on xanax and 1 30mg tamazpam and as i only have one of each i cant test them before i fly so much difference between them or its just the same effect?one less drowsy etc

Ummm im neither a doctor or a pharmacist but im pretty sure xanax (generic) and tamazapam are not sleeping tablets but are used for treatment of anxiety,nervous / panic disorders . I use Nytol sleeping tablets which dont require a doctors perscription and can be purchased at Boots, Super drug etc. Take two tablets when you get on the plan close your eyes and wake up at Bangkok refreshed and bloody thirsty. :Beer1:

Temazepam is often prescribed for sleep, but generally a lower dose; ie; 10mg.

I have both 10mg and 30mg and both are good for sleep but I use them fairly infrequently.

Higher doses of Temazepam ie; 30mg+ is used more for anxiety.

Xanax is for anxiety as its a anxiolytic benzo and faster acting as opposed to T which is a hypnotic benzo, so sedation.

Both can easily be abused, especially Xanax...I'd definitely recommend professional advice.

Cheers.

You didn't mention the mg. of the Xanax--it ranges from .25--2mg and there is a huge difference in strength, of course, since the 2mg is 8 times the power of a .25 mg.

Xanax is an anxiolytic used for anxiety and is fast-acting with a short half-life. It is sedating and will often induce sleep.

Temazepam (Restoril) is an hypnotic used primarily for sleep, not to reduce anxiety.

You can try both and see which one works the best for you--this will vary for different people.

Another possibility if the Xanax is 1mg. or less is to take it about two hours before you are planning to sleep (it takes about 45 minutes to start working) and then take the Temazepam to induce sleep--taking both will not hurt you at all. Temazepam tends to sometimes cause sedation in people upon awakening, Xanax less so.

I agree you should seek medical advice. Ambien-CR 12.5 mgs. is a good alternative to either--Ambien is not a Benzodiazepine like Xanax and Restoril but it bonds to the brain's Benzodiazepine receptors and is continuous-acting so that if you are lucky you could get 6-8 hours sleep on the plane.

Most doctors will tell you NOT to drink alcohol with any of the above medications. Generally this is sound advice since a combination of alcohol with most Benzodiazepines can be deadly. That said, most grown men can get by with a couple of drinks without much risk. Xanax is the most addictive of the 3 drugs above but you have nothing to worry about if taking it a couple of times for a plane flight. It is a very safe and effective drug, as is Ambien. Temazepam is, by comparison, a moderately effective sleeping pill, inferior to Ambien-CR but it will put most people to sleep.

Be sensible just go to your Doc and get a prescription. Just say you have trouble sleeping/settling whilst flying and he'll prescribe something suitable, mine does

No problems for me, only costs prescription charge (unless you're that tight)

You should never take any drugs that you can't be sure of the source

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

Just a little update and my friend gave me one more xanex and i sleep throu the whole night without waking and that is bliss as i work nights and can never sleep all night),woke up fresh without feeling groggy so i think i will stick with the xanax as it works well for me

Also not sure what mg the xanax was but it comes from india so guessing it was a strong one,might be wrong though

Also have problem sleeping anybody can tell me about erbal sleeping drops

Also what is the uk customs like going through with 1sleeping tablet if you havent got a prescription?any bother or...?

I would take a valium or two. It works better for me on the plane, and I'm not so groggy the day after.

Free today - Pay tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

I did not know you could buy Ambien over the counter in Thailand, either. That is not a very good price for Ambien--18 US dollar for ten pills--even in the US a 30-day supply (30) generic ambien (Zolpidem) can be purchased for ten dollars--of course you need a prescription. Xanax can also be purchased over the counter in Thailand--usually 1MG. You can tell the milligram of Xanax by color and shape. .25 mg. are football (American) shaped; .50 mg are also football-shaped and peach-colored. 1.0 mg. (also football shaped) are blue and 2mg. is an elongated flat pill with round edges commonly known and prized among the US drug cognoscenti as "planks." They sell for about 8 USD each on the streets. Be advised if you decide to buy regular Ambien in Thailand as your drug of choice that it only induces sleep and does not guarantee a full night's sleep. Ambien CR--if you can buy it there--is much better. Xanax, of course, will work quite well since it appears you are not a regular user. I suggest a dose of 2 mgs. sans alcohol for the flight home.

• 2 weeks later...

I take 2 xanax every time i fly direct from London - Bangkok and vice versa.

Take about 1 hour into flight with a cup of hot tea and wake up as the plane is about 30 minutes from landing.

Makes the flight so much more bearable!!!

1 xanax of .25mg bought here in Patts..knocks me out in 20 min....6 hours sleep on the clock... wake up crystal clear, no groggyness at all...

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm im neither a doctor or a pharmacist but im pretty sure xanax (generic) and tamazapam are not sleeping tablets but are used for treatment of anxiety,nervous / panic disorders . I use Nytol sleeping tablets which dont require a doctors perscription and can be purchased at Boots, Super drug etc. Take two tablets when you get on the plan close your eyes and wake up at Bangkok refreshed and bloody thirsty. :Beer1:

Nytol sleeping pills which type do you use is it herbal? I am considering to take some during march trip. Thanks you.

I stay away from Ambien (Stilnox) personally. There have been cases of people doing weird shit in their sleep on this stuff (walking, cooking and even driving) although like all meds, severe side effects are rare. Personally, the one time I tried this I made a few calls on my phone in the middle of the night to some friends much to their amusement without me even recalling lol.

Anyway, not sure I'd want to be acting strange in my sleep on a plane.

20mg of Temazepam does the trick for me.

Get some freelancer from Beach road, take her to your room, open some drinks and go to toilet. She take care about your deep sleep. :P

2012-03-13_160433.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got sleeping pills from pharmacy in pattaya for way home, not sure what they were (little yellow pills) but sleeped 10 hrs straight on flight to London then 5 out of 7 home :GoldenSmile1:

I use some mild ones that the doctor prescribed. I got some pills from a Jomtien pharmacy, took one which didnt seem to get me off to sleep so 2 hours later I took another.

I dont recall the period between getting off the plane in the morning, going through immigration/customs, until I stepped on the bus to the long-term carpark.

And, the drive home required some very serious concentration.

Be very careful with sleeping pills. I also find that I am actually a bit hungover when I try to wake up.

dude i dropped 5 zanax one night and fucked myself up big time, my mate takes them like they are candy.....we went to bkk and he hates the place says there is to many people so he takes sleeping tablets to charm his nerves. Dick head nearly fell over when we went down the lifts but the life was broken and not working 555

dude i dropped 5 zanax one night and fucked myself up big time, my mate takes them like they are candy.....we went to bkk and he hates the place says there is to many people so he takes sleeping tablets to charm his nerves. Dick head nearly fell over when we went down the lifts but the life was broken and not working 555

yeah tirak i love em. remember when u took one on the plain home and ended up hugging the guy next to ya in ur xanax coma 555

Tried Codiphen recently, quite effective too and easy to find in patts pharmacies. Antihistamine.

diphenhydramine works well and no need for prescription just make sure you got a bottle of water as the air hostesses never give me

enough to cure the dry mouth