IGNORED

Dentist price example

juniordk

Hi,

I am getting a crown done at Pattaya Int. Hospitals dental unit.

For the best available material, ie. gold & porcelain, I am paying 24K baht all in.

Very good service in addition to a nice price compared to home.

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

Hi,

I am getting a crown done at Pattaya Int. Hospitals dental unit.

For the best available material, ie. gold & porcelain, I am paying 24K baht all in.

Very good service in addition to a nice price compared to home.

Nothing to do with the dentist of course :GoldenSmile1:

Nothing to do with the dentist of course :GoldenSmile1:

She is very cute and sings for me during most of the procedure.

But still drugs me and leaves with some discomfort - unlike other ladies I know in Pattaya :hello09:

thats a very good price but surely the price depends on the place you go for example the ones on buakhao will be cheaper. I am after a whitening and a few upper gum fills in white and will go to one on buakhao

thats a very good price but surely the price depends on the place you go for example the ones on buakhao will be cheaper. I am after a whitening and a few upper gum fills in white and will go to one on buakhao

I agree that PIH is most likely not the cheapest place in town, but the quality is very high.

Besides the price is app. 1/4 of what I would have paid back in Denmark.

I got a 4 tooth bridge at PIH about 8 years ago and at that time the price was about 20% of what it would have cost me in Los Angeles. Excellent work and even now its in good shape. Last year I checked on a bridge for a different area of the mouth and their prices had risen dramatically. Anyone recommend a good dentist in the Soi Baukhao area? I'll be there late January and could use a good but cheaper dentist.

I believe that you get what you pay for, I have used Dr Aree for some years, I had a root canal infection and also need a crown. Couldn't get into IH so went to another well recommended dentist on the north end of second road, to cut a long story short, saved 6k but seems like I will need to replace it in the near future. Yes I could go back there but what's to say she would do a better job second time around, especially as it would be under guarantee? Anyway she couldn't sing to save her life :Whistle: nor did she have pictures of semi nude females on the ceiling :D

She is very cute and sings for me during most of the procedure.

You must be referring to Dr. Aree. 24000 baht does not sound cheap. I think that is what I was charged in the U.S.for a crown.

You must be referring to Dr. Aree. 24000 baht does not sound cheap. I think that is what I was charged in the U.S.for a crown.

Yes, I am seeing Dr. Aree.

The price is very cheap when compared to my home prices. I think it is app. 1/4 of what I would have to pay in Denmark.

Quality of the work is very good and as mentioned I picked the most expensive material.

Yes, I am seeing Dr. Aree.

The price is very cheap when compared to my home prices. I think it is app. 1/4 of what I would have to pay in Denmark.

Quality of the work is very good and as mentioned I picked the most expensive material.

Wow, Denmark prices are much higher than in the US.

guys

I had plenty of dental work done

modern dental clinic

on central road nearly opposite soi buakhao

extremley great work and dirt cheap comparing to

prices in oz

i had a root canal and crown at pattaya dental smile(think thats the name) across the road from Tuk Com.

From memory paid in total around 16 000 baht, service was excellent, doctor was great and spoke fluent English.

A number of people visit Dentist@beach and they see Dr. Cherry she is at Central Festival

http://dentistbeach.com/

Make sure you see Dr. Cherry and you can email them in advance for quotations - she also operates from Pattaya Klang

Dentist @ beach is expensive IMHO, but get a quote from there and compare with what else is around,

My Brother went to Hollywood dental he had a complete upper and lower denture as well as having studs ( not sure what the technical name is) implanted in his gums that the lower dentures lock onto

Dentist @ beach was same price as in Australia but Hollywood was about 3,000 Aus dollars.

Wow, Denmark prices are much higher than in the US.

Well a 2009 Corvette ZR1 with 10k miles is currently for sale at 140000$

A gallon of gas is 8,36$

And a Big Mac meal is 10$

So you Americans got it good! We are just happy that we are not Norwegians, because everything is so expensive up there :GoldenSmile1:

PM The Viking for info!

PM Lukas7 for Ladyboy info!

Trip report co-written with Thumbscrew and The Viking

I went to Modern smile on Pattya Central and got 5 crowns. 4 fell out within a year or two.

Went to Hollywood Dental got complete bridge for uppers, 11 crowns on top of 5 root canals about $2000.

Then a 6 crown bridge and denture that still fits perfect for about $2100. All still fine.

Here it would have been $600-800 for 1 root carnal, and $1200-1400 for one crown at the time, 2006 & 2007.

I agree that PIH is most likely not the cheapest place in town, but the quality is very high.

Besides the price is app. 1/4 of what I would have paid back in Denmark.

I broke onr thooth whilst in Thailand last year, eating beef steak at Felix Resort in KAnchanaburi - Stupid me I went to the dentist in my home country for a crown. about 38000 Baht equivalent. That's why I dound your price quote a bit pricey for Thailand. I am not a dental technician but with me there was only porcelain involved, you mention gold as well. Why is there need for gold? and can that be the explanation why you only save 35 % on "my" price?

I would expect a crown in LOS - after discussions with my thai wife who needs one - for 10000 Baht

I broke onr thooth whilst in Thailand last year, eating beef steak at Felix Resort in KAnchanaburi - Stupid me I went to the dentist in my home country for a crown. about 38000 Baht equivalent. That's why I dound your price quote a bit pricey for Thailand. I am not a dental technician but with me there was only porcelain involved, you mention gold as well. Why is there need for gold? and can that be the explanation why you only save 35 % on "my" price?

I would expect a crown in LOS - after discussions with my thai wife who needs one - for 10000 Baht

PIH is not the cheapest place in the city I am 100% sure about that. But the quality and service is very good and I happily pay more for this assurance.

The gold is on the inside of the crown and helps fit it to the tooth. It also protects the remains of the original tooth.

The price I paid included that best material available and dental services by a premium dentist.

Denmark is very expensive so eventhough the price I paid might be high by thai standards it is app. 25% of the price I would have had to pay at home.

Do any of these places have the ability to put you out during the procedures?? I have a deep rooted fear of dentist and its in everyones best interest that they put me to sleep lol. I laugh, but its an honest question

A Play by Play of a Falang

& a GoGo Girl Relationship...LIVE

http://www.pattaya-a...__froms

shake-girl-pink.png

Do any of these places have the ability to put you out during the procedures?? I have a deep rooted fear of dentist and its in everyones best interest that they put me to sleep lol. I laugh, but its an honest question

my brother went to Hollywood Dental , he has a deep seated fear of anything dental , he eventually got over his fear and had quite and extensive work on his gums, but he was awake for it,

If you need to be put to sleep I imagine Hollywood could do this as he has dentists / surgeries that specialize in certain procedures based around Patts. Best to talk to them though.

my brother went to Hollywood Dental , he has a deep seated fear of anything dental , he eventually got over his fear and had quite and extensive work on his gums, but he was awake for it,

If you need to be put to sleep I imagine Hollywood could do this as he has dentists / surgeries that specialize in certain procedures based around Patts. Best to talk to them though.

I appreciate that Harry. Yeah its a bad fear too amd really one of my only fears a can say is a true fear. I get the shakes just walking into an office. I had a horrible exp back in the states when i was young when the dentist said I was big enough to not need any meds and he drilled like crazy. It ended with me finally punching him off of me and threats of law suits from the fam.

A Play by Play of a Falang

& a GoGo Girl Relationship...LIVE

http://www.pattaya-a...__froms

shake-girl-pink.png

I now what you mean about fearing the dentist!

I haven't been to a Dentist since 8 years now! :unsure:

My teeth are simply a mess, falling apart, loosing fillings and breaking off chips!

Every year I'm thinking about having it done in Thailand, but chicken out in the last moments!

I'm looking for a Dentist that uses laser instead of the drill, but can't find any!?

It's supposed to be more or less painless and saves a lot of the natural tooth structure as well.

Anyone ever encountered a Dentist in Thailand that uses laserbeam!?

Plahgat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=QPTvKQQdf8M

When no money... she no give honey! 

I have just had the first half of a root canal done here in UK - £300. She tells me i can wait up to 9 months before it needs to be re-done with the final part a further £400 so that would be around 20,000 Thb I have a few things i would like done and so am going to wait. Wasn't sure whether to get it done in Pattaya or Bkk really. Good to know people are happy with the standards of work they've had done.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading recommendations hereand on other Pattaya forums, I went to Denist @ Beach and have been very disappointed.

I originally made two appointments back to back for the Thai girlfriend and I, for checkups and cleaning with two of the dentists. We turned up in good time and after nearly an hour's wait my gf was called in. A further two hour I still hadn't been called and my girlfriend came out MINUS two teeth.

Baht 2,700 for one filling, two extractions and a clean but she was less than amused as I had told her that this visit was just for a check-up. Since the extractions, she now has a wisdom tooth coming through (at 40 years of age) that may require treatment as the previous impactation has resulted in the tooth begining to grow sideways.

I rearranged my appointment for another day (turned out that they had me a down as a no show although I had been sitting in front of them for two hours!).

At my rearranged appointment 11.30am (first appointment of the day) I had Dr Sanya who was nearly an hour late and tried to make light of it with a stream of innane jokes. I had two fillings and a clean, Baht 2000. One filling lasted less than three days before it was swimming in my mouthful of San Mig Light and the other lasted about 7 weeks before falling out on Christmas Eve!

In short although I have been happy with the prices, I am less than satisfied with the standard of work I have received. Despite making the first appointment in the day I have been kept waiting for unacceptably (even by Thai timekeeping standards) long periods and the administration is at best muddled. I suspect this practice is probably very good at the cosmetic side of dentistry although Dr Sanya was less than enthusiastic about working on a new denture for me, however for bog standard dentistry I have been very disappointed and will be looking for a new dentist.

Live for the moment. Tomorrow may not come.

Archived