Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Going with a 6 month return ticket?

jayboat

Here,

Ive been seaching through what type of visa i need for going to thailand with a 6 month return ticket. I looked through this forum and google also but i keep comming to dead ends. What im really looking to no is will i beable to leave the UK and enter Thailand with a ticket departing london on the 2nd Feb and returning 1 Aug.

I understand i can get a tourist visa for 60 days and get it extended for a fewer 30 days =90days. Then i can get a multi verson of this visa for 2 are 3 entery's giving me a max total of 270days . Basically im planning on staying at least 6 months, but would like to stay 1-2 years. It just seems more easy tio get a visa for 6-12 months and as i will return back home during this time, i will make another visa frm my home country.

The thing is, im afraid of signing up with some scam company and sending them money, would anyone no the best place to sort a visa out? Are even what would be the best visa for my trip? Im just afraid of getting to the airport and them not letting me board my flight are not able able to pass through customs at bkk because of the duration of my flight ticket.

I no theres alot of info out there as i have looked through alot of it but i can not find everything about heading away with a 6 month return ticket and visas required.

Any help will be well received, thanks in advance :)

Keep it creammy !!!

The only type of visa available to you nowadays is a multi entry tourist visa, this will give your first 6 months at least.

Sort it out before you go, no need to deal with an "scam companies", go straight to any Thai Consulate in the UK, some links below. Give them a call, I'm sure they will give you anymore advice you may need.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/ HULL

http://www.thailand-visa.com/thai-visa.application BIRMINGHAM

http://www.royalthaiconsul.com/index.htm LIVERPOOL

Thanks for the reply. Ive been on this site before. Ill give them a phone throught the week and see what i can do. Im in northern ireland so will have to go through the post :) Thanks

Keep it creammy !!!

The way I see it there are three options. Probably the one you would be most interested in is the multiple entry tourist visa. If you are 50 or over you are eligible for a retirement visa (this would be the best option if it is available to you). The other option is to learn some Thai while you are here and get an education visa.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The way I see it there are three options. Probably the one you would be most interested in is the multiple entry tourist visa. If you are 50 or over you are eligible for a retirement visa (this would be the best option if it is available to you). The other option is to learn some Thai while you are here and get an education visa.

Scumbag I've done some research but dont we have to have 800,000 Bht in the bank to get a retirement Visa?

Scumbag I've done some research but dont we have to have 800,000 Bht in the bank to get a retirement Visa?

I believe that is only a requirement if you are applying for the visa (or an extension) from within Thailand. The requirements are different if you apply in your home country. I would hope that someone planning on spending 6 months or more in Thailand would have more than that in the bank anyway.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Im only 26 :) I am just off the phone to a lady in the liverpool office. She was nice and all the answers to my wuestions rolled off her tounge. Sounds super easy to get it. I told her i would be leaving the country twice and she advised the tripe entry costing £75, giving me 60 days on each visa with the option to add 30 more days to my last visa. So, now all i have to do is download and compete the application, sned it along with payment, 2 passport photos, my flight stickets showing my arrive and departure dates (2nd feb - 1st Aug), my passport and a self addressed special deliverly envolope and i should have it within a few days.

Is it really that easy??? They are not asking for finincal proof that i have money to stay there, where i will be living, ect, ect. Is it just matter of paying?? I made a visa for a gf to come here around year ago and we need to proof so many things. Its just a little strange that its s easy the other way around.

Keep it creammy !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Im only 26 :) I am just off the phone to a lady in the liverpool office. She was nice and all the answers to my wuestions rolled off her tounge. Sounds super easy to get it. I told her i would be leaving the country twice and she advised the tripe entry costing £75, giving me 60 days on each visa with the option to add 30 more days to my last visa. So, now all i have to do is download and compete the application, sned it along with payment, 2 passport photos, my flight stickets showing my arrive and departure dates (2nd feb - 1st Aug), my passport and a self addressed special deliverly envolope and i should have it within a few days.

Is it really that easy??? They are not asking for finincal proof that i have money to stay there, where i will be living, ect, ect. Is it just matter of paying?? I made a visa for a gf to come here around year ago and we need to proof so many things. Its just a little strange that its s easy the other way around.

yep i think thats it because it will be classed as a tourist visa so you don't have to show proof of any thing, then on your last entry visa go to jomtien immigration and they will give you the extra 30 day visa.happy days.

Hey, got it back today. Theres a stamp in my passport saying that i have 3 entries into thailand. So im guessing thats it?

I thought i would get some bit of paper are something like that. Also, i was wondering why i had to send them 2 passport pictures.

Keep it creammy !!!

Hey, got it back today. Theres a stamp in my passport saying that i have 3 entries into thailand. So im guessing thats it?

I thought i would get some bit of paper are something like that. Also, i was wondering why i had to send them 2 passport pictures.

Yes, that is it and you are ready to go and stay for up to 270 days.

For my last visa I did it in person and they gave back one of the photos when I submitted the application. One of the photos will stay with the application. The other one either goes somewhere else (Thailand???) or in the bin.

Nice one

Yes, that is it and you are ready to go and stay for up to 270 days.

For my last visa I did it in person and they gave back one of the photos when I submitted the application. One of the photos will stay with the application. The other one either goes somewhere else (Thailand???) or in the bin.

Thanks for the reply buddy :) This is the first time i have got one oif these visa's. So i guessing i dont need to fill out the visa on the plane and i just show my passport when passing through immargation on entering.

Ive read in lots of places that i could extend every entry by 30 days which would give me a max of 270 days, buyt when i talking to the women on the phone from Hull, she informed me that i can only extend my last entry by a futher 30 days giving me 210 days. Maybe the rules have changed. It would be really nice if i could stay the 270 days. Sorry for all the questions, but the more i no before going the better i think. Has anyone else heard about only being able to extend the last entry are can i still do it with every entry??

Keep it creammy !!!

Nice one

Thanks for the reply buddy :) This is the first time i have got one oif these visa's. So i guessing i dont need to fill out the visa on the plane and i just show my passport when passing through immargation on entering.

Ive read in lots of places that i could extend every entry by 30 days which would give me a max of 270 days, buyt when i talking to the women on the phone from Hull, she informed me that i can only extend my last entry by a futher 30 days giving me 210 days. Maybe the rules have changed. It would be really nice if i could stay the 270 days. Sorry for all the questions, but the more i no before going the better i think. Has anyone else heard about only being able to extend the last entry are can i still do it with every entry??

You will still need to fill in the arrival card before you get to immigration. Even the Thais have to complete the form.

I have never heard of not being about to extend on subsequent entries. Maybe someone else has some information.

You will still need to fill in the arrival card before you get to immigration. Even the Thais have to complete the form.

I have never heard of not being about to extend on subsequent entries. Maybe someone else has some information.

I have my return flights for the very start of August so im ok either way. Im going to be living in Jomtein so i can drop by the offices and find out. Whats an arrival card? is it the thing that is filled out on the plane. Sorry for all the silly questions but i what everything to go smoothly. Thanks for replying back to me each time scumbag, you've been a big help :))

Keep it creammy !!!

I have my return flights for the very start of August so im ok either way. Im going to be living in Jomtein so i can drop by the offices and find out. Whats an arrival card? is it the thing that is filled out on the plane. Sorry for all the silly questions but i what everything to go smoothly. Thanks for replying back to me each time scumbag, you've been a big help :))

Yes that is the one. Below is a scan of one that some smart arse edited...lol

The departure card will be attached to it. Fill in that as much as you can before arriving but it is best to leave the departing flight number blank just in case.

ne_landing_card_disclaimer.jpg

Thanks buddy :) Thanks for taking the time, means alot :) Thats me at ease now.

Keep it creammy !!!

Here,

Ive been seaching through what type of visa i need for going to thailand with a 6 month return ticket. I looked through this forum and google also but i keep comming to dead ends. What im really looking to no is will i beable to leave the UK and enter Thailand with a ticket departing london on the 2nd Feb and returning 1 Aug.

I understand i can get a tourist visa for 60 days and get it extended for a fewer 30 days =90days. Then i can get a multi verson of this visa for 2 are 3 entery's giving me a max total of 270days . Basically im planning on staying at least 6 months, but would like to stay 1-2 years. It just seems more easy tio get a visa for 6-12 months and as i will return back home during this time, i will make another visa frm my home country.

The thing is, im afraid of signing up with some scam company and sending them money, would anyone no the best place to sort a visa out? Are even what would be the best visa for my trip? Im just afraid of getting to the airport and them not letting me board my flight are not able able to pass through customs at bkk because of the duration of my flight ticket.

I no theres alot of info out there as i have looked through alot of it but i can not find everything about heading away with a 6 month return ticket and visas required.

Any help will be well received, thanks in advance :)

how did you get this multi entry visa??? what did you say you were going for??? what evidence did you show?

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

• 2 weeks later...

how did you get this multi entry visa??? what did you say you were going for??? what evidence did you show?

Basically i phoned up and asked the women some questions. Then i went into town and got some passport photos and printed off my flights details and the application form from the website. I put my passport, cash for payment, flight details, special deliverly self addressed envolope and my application form into an envoplope and sent it special deliverly.

The application form was a single sheet that took no longer then 5 mintues to fill. To be honest, it seems really easy. The only thing im not 100% about is, when i asked the women about extending each tourist visa by 30 days in the office in jomtein, she said i can only extend the last one giving me 210 days total. But i read everywhere that each visa can be extended giving me 270 days if needed. Ohh, and by the way, i actaully forgot to include my flight details, i seen them as soon as i was home from the post office and phoned the them to ask if i could email them to the office and the women told me it would be ok, and that she did'nt really need to see my flight details. The next i apply, i will still be sending them (If i remember, lol) Also, i said i was going for travel.

But all in all, was pretty easy and stress free. I posted out my application on a tuesday and had it to me on thursday. So, photos £4, payment for triple tourist visa £75, special deliverly cost x2 £7. 6 months in pattaya, priceless.

Keep it creammy !!!

Basically i phoned up and asked the women some questions. Then i went into town and got some passport photos and printed off my flights details and the application form from the website. I put my passport, cash for payment, flight details, special deliverly self addressed envolope and my application form into an envoplope and sent it special deliverly.

The application form was a single sheet that took no longer then 5 mintues to fill. To be honest, it seems really easy. The only thing im not 100% about is, when i asked the women about extending each tourist visa by 30 days in the office in jomtein, she said i can only extend the last one giving me 210 days total. But i read everywhere that each visa can be extended giving me 270 days if needed. Ohh, and by the way, i actaully forgot to include my flight details, i seen them as soon as i was home from the post office and phoned the them to ask if i could email them to the office and the women told me it would be ok, and that she did'nt really need to see my flight details. The next i apply, i will still be sending them (If i remember, lol) Also, i said i was going for travel.

But all in all, was pretty easy and stress free. I posted out my application on a tuesday and had it to me on thursday. So, photos £4, payment for triple tourist visa £75, special deliverly cost x2 £7. 6 months in pattaya, priceless.

yes mate i was asking what criteria did you get the visa under??

for working purposes, visiting family, learning to thai box???

this is what im struggling with getting the visa for more than 90 days by the consulates own paperwork. where are you applying from uk, usa, Australia or Europe??

Double entry tourist visa at your nearest thai consulate (no company...).

First 60 days no problem. After extend for another 30 days for 1900 baht at jomtien (no company). Then after 90 days do a border run to cambodia (you can use a company http://fivestarvisar...atsincluded.php 2500 all up. same day return). Gives you another 60 days and another 30 day extension. Totaling 180 days :)

Edited by schmitty

this is what im struggling with getting the visa for more than 90 days by the consulates own paperwork. where are you applying from uk, usa, Australia or Europe??

He's got a double/triple entry tourist visa. There is no criteria.

Im applying from the Uk. I got a triple entry giving me 270 days if i extend all 3. £25 per entry. There is no criteria, its a tourist visa mate, the reason for going is an the visa name. When you get an education visa, you must be signed up to a school before hand, when you get a marriage visa, you must be married. Your purpose is travel. Its really easy, Complete the form, send your passport, 2 passport photos, flight detail, Sae and your visa fee and you'll get it. I heard about some guys getting problems to get a triple entry but i used the liverpool office and when i told her my return flight was at the start of August, she told me to get the triple entry.

Keep it creammy !!!

How much more than 90 days? double entry will give you 180 and triple 270 days. Double entry costs £50 and triple is £75.

Keep it creammy !!!

Im applying from the Uk. I got a triple entry giving me 270 days if i extend all 3. £25 per entry. There is no criteria, its a tourist visa mate, the reason for going is an the visa name. When you get an education visa, you must be signed up to a school before hand, when you get a marriage visa, you must be married. Your purpose is travel. Its really easy, Complete the form, send your passport, 2 passport photos, flight detail, Sae and your visa fee and you'll get it. I heard about some guys getting problems to get a triple entry but i used the liverpool office and when i told her my return flight was at the start of August, she told me to get the triple entry.

seems i was misunderstanding the whole process.

thank you for your patience and answering still. Yes i will be going for this triple entry tourist visa.

I will be going for a ed visa at the end of this visa which i have found a real course in Thailand costing just 1700baht including study!!! hell of a deal as jontiem imm will want anywhere from 25k to 45k for this same visa under the table(this is hearsay).

how long did you say it took to receive your documents and passport back?

seems i was misunderstanding the whole process.

thank you for your patience and answering still. Yes i will be going for this triple entry tourist visa.

I will be going for a ed visa at the end of this visa which i have found a real course in Thailand costing just 1700baht including study!!! hell of a deal as jontiem imm will want anywhere from 25k to 45k for this same visa under the table(this is hearsay).

how long did you say it took to receive your documents and passport back?

Took 2 days mate. If you posted your stuff out tomarrow, (Tuesday) you'd have them back on thursday. Its so quick because you need to send special deliverly.

If i plan to stay longer, i'll prob go for the ed visa as well. A real course for 1700 baht that will provide you the stuff you need to get the Ed visa is super cheap. The best ive soon around is 25-26000 baht. Ill maybe need to PM you sometime in the future for info about this :) if you dont mind sharing :)

Keep it creammy !!!