IGNORED

March without booking in advance

indrathit

Hi guys!

I'm going to Thailand for 1 month in March, and am planning to visit Pattaya. :D Unfortunately, I have other things i must do in Thailand, and can't say exactly what days I will be in Sin City before I am already in Thailand.

I'm still a poor student, and will have to go for cheap hotels (under 800 baht), and if i have understood things correctly it is a huge difference between hotels within that price range. Is there a chance that there will be rooms availible in hotels like China Garden or Irish Rovers without booking in advance? Or will i be doomed to stay at the rat houses for that price?

My anticipations will be high regardless, but just curious what my expectations should be. :)

If you guys have any good suggestion about not-to-expensive hotels that you think will be availible, feel free to tell me about it!

Hi guys!

I'm going to Thailand for 1 month in March, and am planning to visit Pattaya. :D Unfortunately, I have other things i must do in Thailand, and can't say exactly what days I will be in Sin City before I am already in Thailand.

I'm still a poor student, and will have to go for cheap hotels (under 800 baht), and if i have understood things correctly it is a huge difference between hotels within that price range. Is there a chance that there will be rooms availible in hotels like China Garden or Irish Rovers without booking in advance? Or will i be doomed to stay at the rat houses for that price?

My anticipations will be high regardless, but just curious what my expectations should be. :)

If you guys have any good suggestion about not-to-expensive hotels that you think will be availible, feel free to tell me about it!

I am sorry I do not have experience about china Garden and Irish Rovers, but my opinion is that hotel will not occupied fully. March is not high season already and soi Buakhao has many cheaper hotels and places. Do not worry about it. I do not want talk for mamagement of these hotels. You can contact hotels immediately when you will know date of your flight. Good luck.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Try the bars/guest houses around LK Metro, you should get a nice clean room for under 800b and a good area for a base.

There is already a huge difference between the 2 you mentioned.

China Garden will be a good chance to be full BUT you may get lucky if they have a cancellation.

There are plenty of decent places around for 800 just be patient and ask to look at the rooms until you find one to your standards.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I seldom book anywhere, but then I seldom travel at busy times. Even when I have accommodation has not been a problem, but I am not too exacting in my requirements.

Just rock on down and ask around. When I was in Pattaya earlier this year, for the first time in a couple of decades, I took a stroll from the bus station to Naklua, and landed up with a room at Barracuda, which I thought was good value at 700 baht a night.

Edited by Micky2

You'll have no problems getting rooms for 600/800 bh, just knock on a few doors and ask to see rooms, I can recommend Thai Archer in LK Metro in your price range, and bang in middle of the action, I'd ask for room at the back,be quieter....bb...

At Canterbury Tales Cafe & Bookshop

This large room for example is available at the moment in March at 550 baht per night and deals for longer term, it has large bedroom and separate lounge, en suite, A/C, 2 ceiling fans, in room safe, TV, DVD player etc.

3A.jpg3a11.jpg3a12.jpgbalcony.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

looked at web for china gardens might not be open till end of march :Dunno:

softlad

looked at web for china gardens might not be open till end of march :Dunno:

It's open and has been since last April but I can understand why you would think that as their Website has not been updated.