Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

iPad 2 (attaching photos)

Fred11

OK, I'm not the most technical savvy guy around but I have recently been given an iPad 2 and was wondering how to attached photos from the photo album and "emotions icons" into a thread when I am obviously using to log into and view PA?

Just a dinosaur trying to master this new techno stuff!!

Cheers Fred11

You and I have the same issues. Not sure it can be done.

Yes it's quite possible and easy to put photos on an ipad2. I presume you have iTunes set up on your PC. Attach your ipad2 to the PC and go into iTunes. On the left you will see your ipad icon. Click on that and then click on the "Photos" tab. You will see you can then download from a named folder on your PC. Choose the folder you want and just download. The problem i have however is that i can not just add one photo. When you synch and download it over rights all previous photos. So you have to re download all your photos every time you want to change any. Maybe some one else knows how to get around this. On my PC i have set up one ipad photo folder and within that set up separate folders for each group of photos. So if i want to make any changes i change that sub folder then download the top level folder to my ipad. Each sub folder then appears as a separate folder on the ipad. They are then really easy to access and view.

Yes it's quite possible and easy to put photos on an ipad2. I presume you have iTunes set up on your PC. Attach your ipad2 to the PC and go into iTunes. On the left you will see your ipad icon. Click on that and then click on the "Photos" tab. You will see you can then download from a named folder on your PC. Choose the folder you want and just download. The problem i have however is that i can not just add one photo. When you synch and download it over rights all previous photos. So you have to re download all your photos every time you want to change any. Maybe some one else knows how to get around this. On my PC i have set up one ipad photo folder and within that set up separate folders for each group of photos. So if i want to make any changes i change that sub folder then download the top level folder to my ipad. Each sub folder then appears as a separate folder on the ipad. They are then really easy to access and view.

Thanks for that Chris2004,

But my issue with the photos I've already downloaded onto my iPad and not being able to attach them to a thread.

No issue when doing from my main PC, but encountering difficulties when mobile with my iPad.

I have trued to do this many times and have not found a solution.

Most of my posting and viewing is on my iPhone and I have the problems.

As much as I am aware there is no way.

I did find that with emotions icons the only way to do it is to find a few that you like using the most and then learn how to type them manually when on a computer.

Once you know how they are written it is as simple as typing that....ie for this emi-con :Laugh1: it is typed :"laugh1": leaving out the "".

It's not perfect but it is a work-around.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I have trued to do this many times and have not found a solution.

Most of my posting and viewing is on my iPhone and I have the problems.

As much as I am aware there is no way.

I did find that with emotions icons the only way to do it is to find a few that you like using the most and then learn how to type them manually when on a computer.

Once you know how they are written it is as simple as typing that....ie for this emi-con :Laugh1: it is typed :"laugh1": leaving out the "".

It's not perfect but it is a work-around.

Thanks 999Baht,

Just as I suspected, but was hoping that a IT guru would know a trick or two!

Happy New Year to you too.

Cheers Fred

Uploading directly is not supported.

There is a work around but it is rather long winded.

Open a Dropbox account and download their iPad app.

Upload the photos from your iPad to Dropbox.

Copy and paste the URL from Dropbox.

[img=url goes here]