IGNORED

Getting a Tattoo in Thailand - Australian gets HIV from Bali tattoo

Soi_Filth

From ninemsm today

A West Australian has contracted HIV after getting a tattoo while on holiday in Bali.

The incident has prompted the West Australian Health Department to urge all Australians who have had tattoos or piercings in Bali to consult a doctor and consider getting a HIV test.

It is understood the person was tested after returning to Australia from Indonesia.

The department has not revealed the age and sex of the person or details about where the tattoo was done.

The Indonesian health authorities have been notified about the case.

WA Health director of communicable disease control Paul Armstrong told the

ABC: "Anybody who has had a tattoo in Bali or a body piercing in Bali should consider the information that's come out and talk to their doctor about getting tested for HIV."

Mr Armstrong advised travellers not to get tattoos and piercings done overseas, particularly in developing countries.

I just came back from Pattaya and got 2 Tattoo's on both my arms

I didn't really worry me to much about getting HIV or any thing else, I made sure the Tattoo establishment used sealed needles and was in a clean and tidy state

Anyone here have any concerns getting a Tattoo in Thailand and especially in Pattaya?

Fear and Loathing in Pattaya

Well if he did contract it from tattooing that is unfortunate for the poor guy.

Have never got a tattoo outside the UK. Personally I wouldnt want the hassle of aftercare while on holiday, but some of the shops I have seen in Patttaya look clean and sterile enough, although Im sure some probably arent!

I do wonder about the quality of ink some of them use though.

Cheers.

My first thought when I read that news article was: "Did he/she REALLY get it from a tattoo?" Some folk like to go overseas to live a little differently.

Surely, getting HIV from a tattoo needle would be very rare. Does anyone know the statistics?

Thats craziness what are the odds of getting hiv in a visit to Pattaya?

My first thought when I read that news article was: "Did he/she REALLY get it from a tattoo?" Some folk like to go overseas to live a little differently.

Surely, getting HIV from a tattoo needle would be very rare. Does anyone know the statistics?

I was told about this by my Dad yesterday at the Christmas lunch.

He was telling me that even though that was in Bali that I should be careful in Thailand also.

You should have seen if face when I said I get go to the dentist there.

Then my brother in law says he should go just to get the dentist work done also.

I'm thinking "not on your life buddy, you are married to my sister!".

Anyway way off track.

Then he told me I thought exactly the same as you.

I know Indonesia is popular with the ladies for paid company but my sure they can cater for the male visitors also.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Another article on this is today's Bangkok Post which ends with the following:

"Indonesian officials said last year that the number of known HIV-AIDS cases in Bali was soaring, with one in four prostitutes reported to be HIV-Positive and the number of infections jumping almost 19 percent from the year before"

1 in 4! and that is of the know cases...

• 3 weeks later...

No matter where in the world you get tattooed the rules are pretty much the same. Make sure you see the tattooist open a new packet for his needle. A general look at the cleanliness of a place should give you a good indication and he should also have sterilisation equipment. Don't be afraid to ask to see it.

Ive been tattooed in the UK,USA and Thailand. I received one in Pattaya. The cleanliness of the Pattaya studios i have seen are top notch and well on par with Western standards.

You Dont Need Eyes To See

You Need Vision

Some guy got a tattoo and is HIV+, there NO WAY ON EARTH to know how he received the infection, pure conjecture!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had lots of tattoos done in Pattaya, and no HIV as yet.

I have also had lots of chicks in Pattaya and still no HIV, must be lucky?????

• 3 weeks later...

That's what I thought. Even if the needle was dirty HIV dies very quickly outside of the human body - my guess is that the guy wasn't using condoms or just got really unlucky. It's not impossible but I think unlikely considering that most people go to South East Asia to get their dick wet.

• 2 months later...

I am just seeing this and 95 % of my tattoos have come from overseas including Thailand. I find this hard to believe when all you need is a clean area with sterile equipment. This is the first I am hearing of it and I plan on getting more in less than two months.

Find someone who you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. You have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Until Then......

www.dancewatchers.com

http://www.devilsdenthailand.com

http://www.lolitapattaya.com/