IGNORED

Sunshine tower soi 8

piero

seems very exspensive , can get a lot better for that price elsewhere

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

:Think1:

Have to agree,for that price you can get a lot better,the room looks to have cheap furnishings.For a similar price I like the look of the Page 10 hotel in Soi 10,not stayed there but pics on website show much better quality room etc.

Actually is really high season, Page 10 for example is about 5000 bahts for tonight...Sunshine tower will certainly be around 1500 bahts in the end of january and offer 3 pools, 2 new and the old one.

Thanks for the pics and update. I have been interested in the new wing of this hotel for a possible option in Feb.

Sad to say the new rooms don't look to nice. They actually look like a hospital room they are so boring and as mentioned, the finishing looks cheap.

I think I will book elsewhere and have a look at them when I arrive to see if they look better in person.

I have an idea for a challenge next trip that may see me in this soi 8 for one night on my trip.

Thanks for the info in this hotel.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Page 10 is nowhere near 5,000 for tonight my friend is staying there and paying 2,800 for a deluxe room unless you are talking about some of the rooms on the 8th floor - cos they make this room look like a stable!

Edited by socrates

Right socrates, the only room avaible was a junior suite at 5000 bahts, 2800 bahts seem to be the price for a deluxe room all year round at Page 10 and the Sunshine Tower will be certainly under 2000 bahts on the end of january, so quite half price and for this you will have half quality of the rooms.

Right socrates, the only room avaible was a junior suite at 5000 bahts, 2800 bahts seem to be the price for a deluxe room all year round at Page 10 and the Sunshine Tower will be certainly under 2000 bahts on the end of january, so quite half price and for this you will have half quality of the rooms.

All year round the deluxe room @ Page10 is 1,800 - 2,000

Lets face it mate the place looks shabby

The rooms are not so bad, check the original ceiling, beton crude oil varnish, and 3 small windows, the bulding is also really design.

pc220042.jpg

pc220052.jpg

Piero, I don't know if you have anything to do with this hotel. But I clicked your link and fist off, it's a horrible website to try to book.

I put in my dates of Feb 17-20, 2012 and got these rates:

Room Type: Standard Tower-NewWing cam.gif Room size 25 sqm with out balcony. Include breakfast 1900 baht/night

1900 baht for a 25sqm room without balcony! Way too expensive!

Room Type: Superior Tower Pool View (New Wing) Is this the room in your pics? Room size 25 sqm with balcony and pool view. Include Breakfast 3040 baht/night

Again, way too expensive for a 25sqm room!

I am looking at booking 3 rooms for 5 nights the end of February but Sunshine is definitely overpriced.

Piero can you explain where or how I can book the room you have posted for 2100 baht?

Cutter,

I don't have anything to do with his hotel or other in Pattaya, i just go on many hotels and made photos and videos, this the room of the new wing, Sunshine Tower, pattayaone is only an information site without commercial reason, that's why my pages are really simple, made with kompozer only, 2100 bahts with ABF was the price right on the reception, normal price was 2900 bahts they say, the size of the room is not really important in a resort city, maybe balcony can help, but 3 pools are really good on this location, soi 8 is right on one of the most busy street of the town and not too far to Walking Street. Next hotel can be Honey lodge if it will reopen.

Thanks for posting Piero. I appreciate that you are doing this as more of a hobby.

Do you have any pics of the rooftop pool? including the view from the pool.

Another problem with Sunshine hotel is, even when trying to book with Agoda or their own website, you don't know what the hell kind of room you are booking because none of the new rooms seem to be on it or are clearly indicated.

flipper house/lodge in the same area much better but best of all is August Suites 2 mins away

flipper house/lodge in the same area much better but best of all is august suites 2 mins away

Thanks Pawyai, August Suites looks really nice but I like to stay in between beach and second road so I think I will book Flipper House.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good. I must consider this one for my next trip. I normally stay at Page 10 but they prices they seem to be asking for around May/June seem ridicules.

Does any know is there is a gym in the tower wing or sunshine hotel?

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

• 2 weeks later...

Im staying here for my april trip,payed 1242 bath a night for a week whith hotel2thailand,they have a promotion now stay 7days pay for 6,well i intended to anywhay....