IGNORED

Vintage Soi 8, any pics?

oxyjohn

When i first started my mongering career back in the mid 90s, we didn't have things like camera phones. Wish i had taken some conventional pics but never did. Are there any members that have any pics they could post form Soi 8 from anytime in the nineties??

only the pics in my mind 1996 .i remember it well [sort of] there was only the flipper lodge? and only a handful of bars at beach road end and a dirt track through to soi 7 and top shopping centre . maybe some other members have a better memory

I have got a stack from the very early 90's with a lot taken from a window of the Flipper Lodge in 1992 looking upwards.

Where the Cocktail Hut is now (and previously the Travel agency) is a broken patch of ground and one of those Danish Hamburgers stalls on it. The bars to the right are very ramshackle-always remember taking girls from one of them. 120 bar fine and 500 for her in morning.

Also a stack of photos from where the Original Sailor bar was opposite the Hot lady bar and at the back the boatyard !!

Thats the area the Eastiny sits on now....

The Prince hotel renamed the Baron hotel a few years ago was half built !!

My earliest memory of Soi 8 was being taken via coach to the Flipper but from the wrong end-top to bottom. The coach kept getting stuck and the girls were trying to get on the coach from the bars and eventually someone opened the rear fire exit door-by the time we got to the Lodge there was 50+ girls on board....

Everything was so different and BETTER pre internet !!

Sadly I have no scanner !!

Edited by Joe_Le_Force

Ohh old good soi 8 and old bars opposite Poppys BB No.2 and beer bars in center soi 8. It was great atmosphere 1996 and 1997. Never come back this period :SoWhat1:

Edited by THAJEC

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Ohh old good soi 8 and old bars opposite Poppys BB No.2 and beer bars in center soi 8. It was great atmosphere 1996 and 1997. Never come back this period :SoWhat1:

Agreed the mid 90's were completely sublime in soi 8....

Around the same time there was a report from Bernard Trink (for the vast majority who will have no idea who he was, he was the "internet" of the time, with his weekly bar piece in the Bangkok Post) that he had counted all the bars from top to bottom, at 104 in total !!

Course many many have been lost in the building of hotels...

But what a place-remember well a two week trip in 94 in which I stayed entirely within soi 8....

When you bar fined a girl there was no nonsense of short time-you'd have a job to get rid the next day all for 500 baht.. Course we were all younger then. Very very few under 30's around.....

Edited by Joe_Le_Force

Yes nostalgia aint what it used to be, at least it wasn't just me that thought those days (mid nineties) where much better. Cant even imagine what the place was like in the 60s.

Yes nostalgia aint what it used to be, at least it wasn't just me that thought those days (mid nineties) where much better. Cant even imagine what the place was like in the 60s.

No those days pre internet were sublime as was soi 8.....

All changed and you have to put a lot down to forums like it or not...

No those days pre internet were sublime as was soi 8.....

All changed and you have to put a lot down to forums like it or not...

Yes Thailand and Pattaya was our little secret back then. Most thought it unreachable or perhaps were a little scared. The clientelle has changed and the place has changed to match. Still an amazing place, unlike anywhere else but i do miss the old days...........What an old fart i am now!!

Yes Thailand and Pattaya was our little secret back then. Most thought it unreachable or perhaps were a little scared. The clientelle has changed and the place has changed to match. Still an amazing place, unlike anywhere else but i do miss the old days...........What an old fart i am now!!

I do object to being called an old fart at 52 next, when I was walking about in my 20's in Pattaya and I was by far the youngest geezer about !!-certainly very very few English about and what guys were here were Germans my age now !!

Had a prick on Facebook call me a coffin dodger last week !! If any young guys are reading just take one bit of advice !!

Keep your mouth shut and NEVER ask the girl how much she wants !!!!!!