IGNORED

UK visitor visa for my TGF

Busta Nut

I would like to take my TGF to the UK some time next year and would like to hear from anyone who has recent experience of applying for a UK visitor visa for their lady.

I've been researching the application process and am aware that I will need to provide proof of my employment and income and that I have the means to support her during her stay.

The problem is, in Januray this year took a 1 year career break from my job in the UK to travel SE Asia and Thailand. So I haven't worked or received a salary for nearly 1 year. The job is there for me when I return next year and if need be I can ask the company to write a letter confirming I am still their employee.

The only income I've received while away from the UK has been from renting out my house, but this isn't big money by any means. In fact, it pretty much just covers the mortgage and bills etc.

I understand I might need to show up to 6 months of salary, or some kind of savings in a bank account, as evidence that I can support my TGF.

When I return to the UK next year I would like to take my TGF with me. The plan being that I will start working again upon my return.

Providing the letter states how much you will be earning when you are back home I can't see it being a problem. When I did it I just had a letter from my company stating that I was employed full time, what position I hold and how much I earn per month.

The disposable amount required isn't very much, you would be surprised.

Lots of good info in this thread...

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/71618-what-i-used-to-get-a-visa-for-the-tgf-to-come-to-the-uk/page__view__findpost__p__1128928

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ok I have been through this and you need to provide the following....

Proof that neither of you are married

Proof of income

Evidence of all savings. You will need to have enough funds to show you can support your girl while she is staying or she must show funds in her account.

Proof that she has medical insurance for her trip

Proof that you own your house if applicable. Copy of title deeds is obtainable from Internet

Proof that you rent house if applicable. Tenancy agreement Is fine.

Proof of relationship. Include SMS messages downloaded in printout. Phone call logs, photos of both of you together and with her family if possible, hotel bills with both of your names on the invoice,passport stamps to prove how often you came to thai and any other evidence such as aeroplane tickets etc...

If you can satisfy all the above you will be ok.

Richo

Serpentine and Richo

thanks for your help and advice, much appreciated.

My TGF has only just applied for a passport (yesterday) and therefore has no evidence of previous travel or leaving Thailand. I've heard that she will not be able to apply for a UK visa until she has had the passport for at least 6 months? I can fully understand why this might be the case but I haven't been able to find any information to confirm whether it's true or not.

Once she has the passport we plan to do some trips to Laos/Malaysia/Cambodia to create her a history or exit and then re-entry to Thailand.

As things stand, I wont be looking to return to the UK until the middle of next year anyway, but I'd be grateful if you can shed some light on where we stand if she has just received her first ever passport.

Serpentine and Richo

My TGF has only just applied for a passport (yesterday) and therefore has no evidence of previous travel or leaving Thailand. I've heard that she will not be able to apply for a UK visa until she has had the passport for at least 6 months? I can fully understand why this might be the case but I haven't been able to find any information to confirm whether it's true or not.

Once she has the passport we plan to do some trips to Laos/Malaysia/Cambodia to create her a history or exit and then re-entry to Thailand.

As things stand, I wont be looking to return to the UK until the middle of next year anyway, but I'd be grateful if you can shed some light on where we stand if she has just received her first ever passport.

Do yourself a favour and read the immigration rules for general visitors...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part2/

There are lots of rumours about what you need/don't need and what you can and can't do.... The bottom line is in the rules. Satisfy those and you are pretty much there.

For example... Pretty sure you can apply for a visa as soon as she has a passport. Ricoh is probably not incorrect in his post above but when we did ours we didnt have half the things in his list.

Read the rules... That's the bottom line... That's what i did and it worked first time.

Serpentine and Richo

Mt thai GF just recieved passport and we applied for visa, no need to wait 6 months....I got the visa in less then 3 weeks.... Try and provide as much information, the more you provide particularly when it comes to proving your relathionship the quicker the visa will be granted. I got visa approved first time without any knock backs

Richo

Richo

that's good to hear that your TGF had no trouble getting a visa with a new passport. Is there any chance I can send you a PM to pick your brains?

Richo

that's good to hear that your TGF had no trouble getting a visa with a new passport. Is there any chance I can send you a PM to pick your brains?

Yes feel free to send me a PM

Richo

good luck internal flights in thail will do ,,,,,,it doesnt look to hard to do i think the main reason for rejection is lied before and the reason for return if all is well with the others home,,,savings ,,,job no problem thats down to you and straightforward ....and of course you aint just fell in love after a two week hol in patts