Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Memory card

deathlay

Just brought a fuji film finepix jv250 and i know its a basic camera but how much difference will it have in buying a more expensive memory card for it?real novice here so not sure if it is worth the extra cash for a good one over a normal priced one

From the specifications:

• Internal memory (none)
  • SD / SDHC memory card

HC is just meaning High Capacity and i would aim for that as they offer an immense amount of space (up to 16 gig at the moment iirc). The camera has 16 Megapixel so the finest pictures with that resolution are going up to 10-12 MB per picture. If you want the ferrari among cards you can go for an eye-fi SD card, as they have integrated Wireless connection.

Depends also on what you have on the other side as storage (phone, table, laptop, computer, cloud) on the trip with you.

Kingston 8Gb MicroSD incl SD Converter, £5.14 on Amazon Class4, not the fastest card but not the fastest camera, a couple of those will more than do you unless you re plannig on a lot of movie action???

I use a Canon1D Mk II full Pro camera and even at full throttle 12 frames per second, the performance difference is fairly marginal

Buying MicroSD cards mean they also fit in most phones and tablets (that take cards, shame if you have an IPad), I use them for phoines, tablets, Video and stills cameras with no pronlems what so ever

Try and stick to a good make though, I would recommend Kingston or SanDisk

Edited by Arms

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

Check your manual first to make sure no limits on card like size or speed.

Buy class 10 if you plan do video, check amazon.com for references. I buy KIngston 16 G and its not enough for me.

Basic camera , basic card . An expensive card won't bring you much extra , only a slight difference when making movies .

No difference in pic quality .

Also the 14 million pixels isn't bringing you better quality , only bigger pictures . If you're not gonna print them any bigger

then 24x36 inch you better put it on 6 to 8 million pix and use the lowest compression . These 4/5 mb files are easier to

handle on your pc .

Thanks for all the replys,was thinking the same thing that as it is such a cheap basic camera that there is no need for a fancy card.seems a not to bad camera for £40 quid,so it should last the holiday.)