IGNORED

The Lincoln Inn number 45 on Restaurant Map

cartoonman

Check out THE LINCOLN INN on third road opposite The Village ( THE VILLAGE CHIPPY ) RIGHT NEXT TO THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS.

It`s number 45 on the PATTAYA RESTAURANT MAP ( www.pattayabarguide.com )

Before they did 3 Specials a Day - Now they are doing 14 Specials Every Day all at 110 Baht Each + a FREE salad.

It`s got to be the greatest value in town

• 2 weeks later...

I just ate there. #14 on the menu inauspiciously titled "Pork Steak."

What I got was a huge piece of well-cooked meat smothered in carmelized onions with a generous amount of gravy in a separate urn. Next to the meat was a large portion of French Fries, a good dollop of spinach, a grilled pepper and a grilled tomato. Also included was a nice dollop of mayonnaise for the fries. Yeah, it was a big plate.

I'm stuffed and satisfied. Not only was it generous, it was very, very tasty.

The only negative is that water was 25 baht and they seemed to have charged me 5 baht for ice.

Out the door, 140 baht--an excellent, excellent, excellent value for the quantity and quality of food. Did I mention I could taste some wine in the gravy?

This place deserves a lot more customers (there was only one other guy there when I ate). I will be back sooner rather than later.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just heard that The Lincoln Inn is Closing and becoming a language school - I have been told that they are keeping the Chef and you will be able to have food in the evening.

I have no idea when this is all going to take place.

It`s a SHAME as not many people knew of this place as it wasn't on a prime spot ( Hidden away on Third Road ) - but the food was delicious .

Thanks for the update, sorry to read the Lincoln is no more had some really good meals there as was highly recommended by friends who live in Pattaya. Had some good looking rooms to but never got to stay there but it was always in my final list of choices. Nice family run place