IGNORED

google and pattaya-addicts.com

XOL123

does everything we write in this forum ends up in google?

one example:

topic on barstool banter

barstool forum.PNG

member's post

member's post.PNG

a little search on google and this is what I get:

google results.PNG

:Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1:

I think that just about anything you put on the internet is accessible through Google. I read somewhere on PA that LaaMok uses SEO to promote the popularity of the forum and grow it's membership. If you search for something related to Pattaya and a PA thread is first on the list of Google's suggested sites he must be doing something right.

Just curious, do you think there is something wrong with this?

This is why the forum is so popular, people find PA through Google.

People may search "being generous in Thailand" - or whatever - and they find us through this.

Consider how many posts/threads are started everyday, it all helps to bring new members here, and again, create more content.

At least that's how I think it works...

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Also it is smart SEO to have your pages indexed in google. Simply having 100's of banklinks from high PR websites pointing to PA just doesn't work any more.

The only real way to get highly ranked in google is content. New fresh content. This is why popular forums will always rank highly, imagine how many threads get started each day and how many times the word "Pattaya" is typed. Every single word is indexed by google. This is why you can google search pattaya and whatever other word you like and PA will always pretty much show up on the first 2-3 pages.

If they click the link they cannot open the forum unless they are also a member. Unless its in the "public" areas where guests can read anyway.

Yes this is what happens if you click the link without being logged in:

error.JPG

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 1 month later...

Also it is smart SEO to have your pages indexed in google. Simply having 100's of banklinks from high PR websites pointing to PA just doesn't work any more.

The only real way to get highly ranked in google is content. New fresh content. This is why popular forums will always rank highly, imagine how many threads get started each day and how many times the word "Pattaya" is typed. Every single word is indexed by google. This is why you can google search pattaya and whatever other word you like and PA will always pretty much show up on the first 2-3 pages.

Hey Ximirs,

I agree and disagree with you, agree with a the point that links alone cannot help a site and disagree with the comment about new fresh content being he only way getting ranked highly as if that was true then any new forum/blog/site would rank no1 until the next one came along. its become more of a fine balance now as link alone do not help but you have to remember backlinks act as an indicator to Google that the site is popular kinda like the word of mouth strategies.

• 1 year later...

attachicon.giferror.JPG

Do you actually think that Google or any other tech giant cannot just hack in?  I am not trying to be a asshole but there are thousands of people who are internet brilliant.  Simply saying you have to login does not mean that other prying eyes cannot read.  

And yes, I take my chances because I am boring.  I do not think anyone wants to hack anything from me.  Pictures of puppies and kittens is all they are going to get.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

So you want privacy in cyber world? If you can hide from Drone than Afghan Cave might be the right place  :hello09:

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

Do you actually think that Google or any other tech giant cannot just hack in?  I am not trying to be a asshole but there are thousands of people who are internet brilliant.  Simply saying you have to login does not mean that other prying eyes cannot read.  

And yes, I take my chances because I am boring.  I do not think anyone wants to hack anything from me.  Pictures of puppies and kittens is all they are going to get.

Yes but what those puppies are doing to the kittens is disgusting :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 3 months later...

attachicon.giferror.JPG

The site just checks the browser's user agent, and if it looks like a search robot, all the text of the non-advanced forums is visible. Its not security by any means, its a method to encourage sign-ups. Its a SEO "trick" used by very reputable organizations, for better or worse. The bottom line is, the data in the non-advanced forums is publicly available. It could be tightened up to only provide the data to search bot ip ranges, if people are very skittish about it.

Anything you put on the internet, is there forever, and nothing can be kept a secret forever. Never assume a internet site is private, or will remain private into the future.

Hey Ximirs,

I agree and disagree with you, agree with a the point that links alone cannot help a site and disagree with the comment about new fresh content being he only way getting ranked highly as if that was true then any new forum/blog/site would rank no1 until the next one came along. its become more of a fine balance now as link alone do not help but you have to remember backlinks act as an indicator to Google that the site is popular kinda like the word of mouth strategies.

Both links and content are important ranking factors in Google.

Archived