IGNORED

Metro Apartments, LK Metro

fusionx

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Metro Apartments on LK Metro. I stayed in two different rooms during my 11 day stay, and both were top notch in size and quality.

The rate was 800 thb per night. Longer stays will get a discount, I believe. LK Metro has many places to stay, with some as low as 450 baht a night. Those are more like closets. I found the value at Metro Apartments to be very, very good. Like many places, the front rooms can be a little noisy.

I took some photos for the owner, Dennis, and would like to share them here. The room pictures are in room 1, on the first floor above the bar, and you can't hear any street noise in this room. You also can't hear the bar downstairs. They don't crank the music in the bar, so it's not really an issue. Oh - it's a non-smoking bar, but you can smoke in the rooms and on the balconies. Room 1 has a brand new air conditioner as well. They installed it while I was in the other room.

Enjoy!

Metro-Apartments-Pattaya--3.jpg

Metro-Apartments-Pattaya--4.jpg

Metro-Apartments-Pattaya-0110.jpg

Metro-Apartments-Pattaya-0116.jpg

Metro-Apartments-Pattaya-0117.jpg

Metro-Apartments-Pattaya-0118.jpg

Metro-Apartments-Pattaya-0123.jpg

Metro-Apartments-Pattaya-0128.jpg

Metro-Apartments-Pattaya-0147.jpg

That's room #1 featured in the photos. Stayed in room#1 for a month once and enjoyed it. It is a very quiet room as it does not face out towards LK Metro. Dennis is a great host and his girls can be fun... sometimes.

I'd definitely stasy there again but, it can be hard to get a reservation. Book 3-4 months out and if you want room #1...probably 6 months out.

That's room #1 featured in the photos. Stayed in room#1 for a month once and enjoyed it. It is a very quiet room as it does not face out towards LK Metro. Dennis is a great host and his girls can be fun... sometimes.

I'd definitely stasy there again but, it can be hard to get a reservation. Book 3-4 months out and if you want room #1...probably 6 months out.

I got very lucky - they had two cancellations the day I contacted them - about a week before I traveled to LOS. He did tell me they were usually booked solid for months in advance.

This is my first choice when staying in Pattaya. Dennis is great host and so are the girls. I have stayed in room no. 1 and you can not hear any noise from the bar. When the bar is closed you go in through a side door. Top place.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some memories of room number 1 from my recent trip !

Tum from Devils Den wore me out on that bed ! :GoldenSmile1:

Got a reservation at Metro Apartments. I picked them based on the good reviews on this site. I'm arriving in the middle of the night because my flight doesn't get into BKK until midnight. Anyway, I gotta say, from the correspondence, Dennis sure seems like a great guy so far. I'll let you know how it goes...

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Metro Apartments on LK Metro. I stayed in two different rooms during my 11 day stay, and both were top notch in size and quality.

The rate was 800 thb per night. Longer stays will get a discount, I believe. LK Metro has many places to stay, with some as low as 450 baht a night. Those are more like closets. I found the value at Metro Apartments to be very, very good. Like many places, the front rooms can be a little noisy.

I took some photos for the owner, Dennis, and would like to share them here. The room pictures are in room 1, on the first floor above the bar, and you can't hear any street noise in this room. You also can't hear the bar downstairs. They don't crank the music in the bar, so it's not really an issue. Oh - it's a non-smoking bar, but you can smoke in the rooms and on the balconies. Room 1 has a brand new air conditioner as well. They installed it while I was in the other room.

Enjoy!

How large in sq meters is the room you profiled in the photos?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know why any hotels allow smoking in rooms. It is a sure fire way to make everything in the room reek like cigs and the rooms will age much quicker.

Thanks for the great pictures. Would you by any chance have pictures of the bathrooms as well? The reason I ask is that I prefer a western style bathrooom vs the thai style (or wet) bathrooms.

The wet bathrooms I would describe as having the sink, shower and toilet all in one area and neither is seperated. So when you shower the water lands everywhere.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the great pictures. Would you by any chance have pictures of the bathrooms as well? The reason I ask is that I prefer a western style bathrooom vs the thai style (or wet) bathrooms.

The wet bathrooms I would describe as having the sink, shower and toilet all in one area and neither is seperated. So when you shower the water lands everywhere.

Thanks in advance

I stayed in the standard room and superior room on recent trip - they both have the open style wet rooms.

Is 'Dennis' a board member here ? Would be interested in knowing availability of rooms. I'd be staying 7th-29th Feb. If you're reading this Dennis, drop me a pm, cheers.

Ive got a Superior room booked for end of Feb.. and they only had 1 other Superior room left. This was a few months ago.

ahh, can see that pissing me off, don't mind the wet style bathrooms as long as you can keep most of it dry.

• 2 weeks later...

The bathrooms are big enough and everything doesn't get wet. I am looking at the curtain options which vary from room to room.

Stayed there a few years ago. Agree with everyone that it is a great place and Dennis is one of the most up and up owners out there. A real first class establishment. My experience was different in one respect to that of other posters. I stayed in a room right above the bar. They DID crank the music in the bar below (until at least midnight) and I couldn't sleep until the bar had closed. But I did stay there a few years ago, so maybe things have changed now. My room was also on the street side and I could hear music/partying out there, too. Other than that, I'd recommend the place absolutely 100%.

Well that does looks like a great choice, I stayed at Secret before and this one seems in the same range but a bit cheaper, will defenitly consider that popular room 1 for my next trip!

A bit worry about the noise factor, but then again Secret was on soi 14, so LK Metro should be similar...

• 2 weeks later...

I used to stay at Eastiny 7 on Soi 7. Now, that was LOUD! This is heaven, comparatively speaking. A

Dennis is a great guy - very helpful and down to earth. No BS.

Here's the web site and contact details: http://www.metro-apartments-pattaya.com/

I stayed a few days back in October 2011 and whilst it was cheap, it wasn't as cheap as others who offer much the same. I also had two rooms, one on the first floor and one on the third floor. I must point out that I stayed as I could not get into either of the LK large hotels and wanted to try the area as a location. The price wasn't a consideration and I mention it only as a comparison.

For me the big downside were the beds. I've bought lots of beds in Pattaya and these are the MDF built ones without a sprung base and then you have a cheap mattress which makes it as hard as hell. Now I'm not expecting a 5* hotel bed but having actually gone around and looked for value for money but still decent beds in this very town I know what has been provided and for just a few baht more you can get very decent alternatives. The beds at the Pig & Whistle on Soi 7 for instance are fine, if a little small.

As is usual with guest houses in Pattaya, all the room furniture is a mis match hotch potch of items seemingly bought at different times without reference to what had already been bought. It is no worse for that than any other but co-ordination is not evident. Go to a number of cheap to moderate (Bt1200-2500) boutique hotels opened in the last half dozen years and you find every room the same, some logic to where things are positioned, decent electronics such as safe, LCD tv, dvd, kitchenette, etc.

I liked the place but the beds need improvement before I'd stay again. It obviously ticks a lot of boxes for many people but would it work better if it was revamped and better quality provided at say Bt1000 a night instead of Bt750 a night ? I think it would and I'd go back.

• 3 months later...

Great place to watch sports

Does the bar operate like a normal beer bar with barfines and girls are available to be barfined or is it more like a hotel bar and staff is only service staff?

Archived