Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

healthy food in Pattaya?

elzito

Hi folks,

I look for eating for an olive-oil cold pressed, magarine with polyunsaturated fatty acids,

healthy meat, etc.

Are here retaurants which prepare with good ingredients?

Ciao elzito

If you want special margerine go to the supermarket on the ground floor of Central Festival (2nd road side) they have loads of that sort of stuff. Then take it along to the restuarant and ask them to use that.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Use butter instead. It's better for you than marg. Your brain is made is made of fat, needs it to function properly. People been using milk, cheese, butter, ice cream for awhile with no negative consequences.

Isn't most Thai food that's to be found in pattaya more healthy in general than the shite we encounter in the west?

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

yes

ur right , when i travel i always eat junkfood like mcdonal`s ect ect

hard to eat healthy when u on vacation out side

In my experience in most restaurants around Thailand you can discuss with the owner/manager and request special things and pay a bit more. I've done it a few times, for example when ordering a fish dish I'll tell them I only want the very best pieces of fish - none of the crappy back bits and no bones at all. Then I'll ask how much more that'll cost, usually it's only about 50Bt extra and you get a much better meal. I don't eat meat but you can do the same, ask them to select the best piece of meat they have and trim all the fat off - pay a bit more and get a healthier meal. If you eat at the same restaurant daily you can give them a bottle of olive oil and tell them to use only that for cooking your food. I've found most Thai restaurants very cooperative in these matters.

Also there are several excellent vegetarian restaurants in Pattaya, where you can have very healthy and delicious meals.

Use butter instead. It's better for you than marg. Your brain is made is made of fat, needs it to function properly. People been using milk, cheese, butter, ice cream for awhile with no negative consequences.

Not too sure about that mate, milk, cheese, butter, ice cream contain artery-clogging fats that eventually cause strokes and other coronary disease. My own mother was a great butter/milk/cheese eater all her life and now she's disabled from a recent stroke.

Low fat diet with plenty of vegis, fruit, grains & nuts is definetely the best way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

This place is vegetarian, but I always go when i feel like a good dose of vegetables. They also dont use MSG and the foods not spiced up (if you need a break for the hot stuff).

About the closest Ive seen to healthy food in Pattaya.

http://www.happycow....iews.php?id=383

Cheers,

Robx.

Edited by roknrob

i suggest you buy the olive oil and margerine from the supermarket at central.

as for good quality food i think its quite readily available all over patts now.

my last trip consisted of eating a pretty balanced diet:

fresh fruit shakes

orange juice (freshly squeezed in front of me)

vegetables with chicken

yoghurts

• 2 weeks later...

Can't remember the name but there is a raw food/natural food resturant on Pattaya Nua, from the dolpin turnaround head towards Sukumvit on the left right about where Faitex Gym is, there is a small on the road.