Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Marriott vs. dusit D2

yhddude

Planning my first trip to Pattaya for the 3 days starting Decembe 27. I am debating between the Marriott and the dusit D2. Any advice on which one to pick. Should I just pick the cheaper rate between them? They both seem to be good locations for the action and nice hotels.

Thanks

From what I was reading in the Forum Marriots was described as very lady unfriendly, not even letting them in.

From what I was reading in the Forum Marriots was described as very lady unfriendly, not even letting them in.

I don't know where you read that -- I stayed at Marriott in 2009 and again last month, and I NEVER had any issues with bringing a girl back (and I did LT every night I was there).

I have never stayed at the D2, so I can't speak for it, but I LOVE the Pattaya Marriott. It's not the newest property, but it's still in great shape. The pool has a very "tropical" feel to it, which I really like - it's surrounded by trees and different types of local foliage. The design of the building allows for the ocean breeze to circulate through it and really keeps that area comfortable.

One HUGE advantage to the Marriott is the fact that it has entrances/exits onto BOTH 2nd Road and Beach Road, which makes catching a baht bus much easier and the ride shorter -- go out the 2nd Road side if you want to go towards Central Festival or Soi 6; go out Beach Road side if you want to take baht bus to WS.

Along those lines, I think that the location can't be beat -- I walked to Walking Street and to Soi Metro, as both are fairly close.

Edited by footypjman

I saw it in one of the guides, thats why I mentioned it. I should stop believing everything, or someone will start to say that TG are ugly. :)

I had read some posts from 2006-2007 time frame (as I recall) that mentioned a joinder fee, so I was very concerned about that going in, and, as I said, I had no problems whatsoever.

Both are on same area and are girl friendly and are also superior first class, the small difference is that Marriott is more "Resort*, large garden and room with balcony and Dusit D2 more modern "City" hotel.

I had read some posts from 2006-2007 time frame (as I recall) that mentioned a joinder fee, so I was very concerned about that going in, and, as I said, I had no problems whatsoever.

Great, thanks for correcting the statement, happy to have another lady friendly one. :)

Marriott has a reputation being the best premium place for monger. Dusit D2 has a bit of rep for just being ripoff.

Planning my first trip to Pattaya for the 3 days starting Decembe 27. I am debating between the Marriott and the dusit D2. Any advice on which one to pick. Should I just pick the cheaper rate between them? They both seem to be good locations for the action and nice hotels.

Thanks

I have stayed at both.

D2 fine but for me the Marriott that is connected to the Royal garden shopping Plaza is better.

Both will do the job but if money not a problem then I would go with the Marriott.

By the way there are loads of hotels just in case you did not know.

Have a good one mate.

:GoldenSmile1:

Go for dusti d2 stayed there this summer.The hotel is modern and the rooms look really unique but comfortable.The pool is great has

lots of balls for thai girls. They have a blast playing with them.The staff was very helpfull this is the only place where thai spoke really good english from my experience.Has rooftop bar/restaurant nice view of the city and the chairs were easily 3 people can fit.Ruen thai is also very close they serve a good meal.Cons are if you havent booked yourself for breakfest they charge 850 bhat per person.It can become expensive very quick.

I have booked the marriot for Tuesday through Friday. Pattaya, here I come.

Enjoy it mate.

Have fun & use your camera we love to see guys trips here on PA's.

:Wassup1:

Dusit D2, is a gay hotel, the manager and staff are all gays, bit offputting, find them unhelpful and rude and there is no view but the suites are not bad not seen the basic rooms, not overly impressed with the food, room service took bloody ages to come, was in the jacuzzi in the middle of the room, with 2 girls, had nearly fallen asleep by the time the bath had filled, and the champagne had turned up

marriott good postion, very girl friendly, rooms are a little tired, I really like the sheraton great place to chill out, or the new Hilton if i want to stay in the middle of the action, view is great, nice size balconies if you want to show pattaya what your up too!

I must stay I have stayed in a lot of prime resorts all over the world and Marriott in Pattaya is great, The staff is incredibly friendly especially in the The club Lounge. they make you feel personally welcome and always remember me when i come back.

The pool area is an oasis with a nice swim-up bar and the garden is amazing , you think you are somewhere else and not in Pattaya! There are even a couple of really cool parrots in the garden.

No girl friend problems at all, no joiner fee, nothing. The security guard takes your ladys ID card though and also makes a copy which is good for boths safety in my opinion. If there is a lady night manager she will politely just igonore you and your company.

I really recommend Marriot in Pattaya

• 1 month later...

1. mmm, i've just booked the dusit D2, one of the suites there. reading this, might cancel that and head to the marriot. the D2 is a bit pricey but i'm only there for 3 nights.
  2. i'll have awee look thanks for the comments guys

M

i have stayed in both,d2 wins hands down,stayed in the d2 last oct for 2 nights before we moved into our condo,its a funky great hotel and the wife did not want to leave,but as i pointed out to her 5 months in the d2 is a bit on the pricey side.stayed at the marriot/royal garden for 18 years but it slowly went down the pan.stay with plan a perth you wont regret it.

just read the reveiw about the staff and service beening bad at the d2 well thats rubbish totally and utter garbish.never took girls into the marriot but my friends who stayed there did 1000b a night it cost them.

never took girls into the marriot but my friends who stayed there did 1000b a night it cost them.

Don't know how long ago that was, but I stayed at the Marriott in 2009 and 2011, had a girl with me virtually EVERY night and NEVER was charged a joinder fee.

I had read about joinder fees from around 2007, but everything that I have read -- and my personal experience -- was that they no longer charge a joinder fee.

just read the reveiw about the staff and service beening bad at the d2 well thats rubbish totally and utter garbish.never took girls into the marriot but my friends who stayed there did 1000b a night it cost them.

Have stayed at the Marriott many times - there has never been a joiner fee and never any problems from the staff. Staying another 8 nights there in March. Great hotel, great pool - stay in a renovated room or a terrace suite and you can't go wrong.

Any joiner fee for taking two or three girls back with you to either D2 or Marriot? I usually like to have a couple of group events during my stay.

cheers

I've stayed at D2 three times. I think it is a great place and great location. I think the management have tried to make the hotel monger-friendly / gay-friendly. The staff is 50% men and 50% women. Almost every male that you see working there is gay. It would be interesting it the same holds true for the women who work there because the women are hot! I haven't tried the Marriott. I would try the Marriott if I could get it at comparable rate.

• 1 month later...

apparently will stay at the Marriot

Hi guy DABSEM. Please change your avatar in your profile I am using this avatar already almost two years. Thanks :Number1a:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019