IGNORED

Bastard Flight Prices!

Fester

Tough call, I can sympathise, it's always so expensive at Christmas. Personally if it was me (who has to buy 2 tickets) I would wait until March. If I was single and only buying 1 ticket, I'd bite the bullet and pay the going rate. Never had much luck getting last minute bargains at Christmas, always book early if you know your dates. Be careful of any cheaper flights at the moment, check the times carefully so you haven't got a nightmare stop over (9 hours+) in the Gulf. All the best flights will have been sold earlier in the year. I think you will find it's the return flights which have no availability. Seems like everyone is coming home on the 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th of Jan. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jonnie

Tough call, I can sympathise, it's always so expensive at Christmas. Personally if it was me (who has to buy 2 tickets) I would wait until March. If I was single and only buying 1 ticket, I'd bite the bullet and pay the going rate. Never had much luck getting last minute bargains at Christmas, always book early if you know your dates. Be careful of any cheaper flights at the moment, check the times carefully so you haven't got a nightmare stop over (9 hours+) in the Gulf. All the best flights will have been sold earlier in the year. I think you will find it's the return flights which have no availability. Seems like everyone is coming home on the 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th of Jan. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jonnie

not me going to los on the 7th Jan Thai Air £575 booked through budgetair .co.uk but booked it 8 weeks ago

My theory about booking with Thai Air LHR to BKK on a Thursday has once again been proved - every single week for the last 8 weeks I have checked the same flight (in advance) and every single time the price on a Thursday is cheaper than any other day - it reduces on the Thursday from Weds and increases on the Friday

Coincidence or not I will only book my ticket on a Thursday from now on

Edited by socrates

My theory about booking with Thai Air LHR to BKK on a Thursday has once again been proved - every single week for the last 8 weeks I have checked the same flight (in advance) and every single time the price on a Thursday is cheaper than any other day - it reduces on the Thursday from Weds and increases on the Friday

Coincidence or not I will only my ticket on a Thursday from now on

Lol, I'll have to look into that! Sounds like you're on to something??

Qatar Airways has some low Business Class rates from Europe. 1815 Euro

Noticed some decent business class deals from LHR with Gulf Air - shortish journey times around 15-16 hours £1370-£1420 but you need to play around with the dates - Egypt Air Business Class was £100 cheaper but much longer journey times