IGNORED

Bastard Flight Prices!

Fester

Hi all,

Been looking for weeks now for a 'decent' prices on a December flights.

Obviously the prices this time of year are sky hill. My problem is can only fly out after 26th December and have to be back on 8th jan. This limits me on fligh prices. At the moment there around £750, I as much as I love Patts I cant justify spending that much money for a flight on a 7 to 10 day holiday.

Do you think prices will go down at all if I leave it last minute? Or am I best of waiting till my next time of in march!! (flights around £450?)

Cheers.

yeh wait till march mate,for the sake of going for only 7 to 10 days is not in my opinion worth it.put the money towards a better hotel and more threesomes etc...plus you can buy me some beers cos i will be there then too..

Best would be to try to search a flight after christmas, at the moment prices seem only to rise as people are buying tickets like mad. Last Minute can be an option but as you are not very flexible it would be a pity to stand at the airport and watch the flyer leaving without you.

I know I should wait till March, my head says wait but my heart says fuck it go December lol. I'll have to pray to the flight gods!

Try £1000, can't face being here at Xmas, knowing what I could will be up to... :GoldenSmile1:

Book it and go!

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Sometimes prices do go down last minute as a last ditch effort to sell the tickets, but around this time of year it's a risk to wait for that. If you want to go now you just might have to pay more.

The few and the hidden rule the many and the seen.

All The Colors: A novel about Thailand and the search for life beyond Corporate America

Kindle App for PC

Kindle App for Mac

supermini5.jpg

onemanwolfpack....who do you use for your flights? im in the UK and both them are cheaper than i have found

Does anyone know much about the stand by flights? could i go to Heathrow 3 hours before take off and possibly get on a flight? when i went to Bangkok in November there were 20 odd spare seats at least. any thoughts guys?

<p>

i got indirect flights in December, heathrow to bkk for £473... if you dont mind changing

Unless you book way way in advance you are going to pay high prices for high season that has been my experience between the 700 upwards of a thousand plus .Its always been that way .i would love to know how I can get it for a lot cheaper because I see all the 473 prices but I have been doing this December trip for years and can never get anything that cheap

Mate the days of just turning up are long gone and if anything they would be the same if not more.

Finding myself in a simar scenario some years ago my solution was to Fist Fly into Europe then get a Flight from there. It was much cheaper took a little Web work but all good in the end.

I think if you do that now you may even save on Airport Taxes so may work out quite good for you

onemanwolfpack....who do you use for your flights? im in the UK and both them are cheaper than i have found

Does anyone know much about the stand by flights? could i go to Heathrow 3 hours before take off and possibly get on a flight? when i went to Bangkok in November there were 20 odd spare seats at least. any thoughts guys?

I use skyscanner.com or lastminute.com mate. Loads of cheap flights in march.

Not sure about stand by flight these days.

i got indirect flights in December, heathrow to bkk for £473... if you dont mind changing

No I don't mind changing mate, I only ever fly direct if works paying for flight. Far to much money. What were the dates on that flight mate??

Flying out on monday with eva buissness class £2400 the most i;ve ever paid Thai airways wanted over £3500 It,s christmas week, fleece the mugs

i dont think you're gonna find better than 750 for the holiday period i booked 4 weeks ago and paid 923 with Thai in cattle class last time i left it till last minute i paid 820 with KLM on christmas eve flying on 27th you only have to look at the boards on here to see how many people are going ..... I'd lay very good money on flights being rammed , good luck all the same .

I have just book a flight with Oman Air on 29th Dec.. LHR to BKK with a 3 hour wait in Muscat 635 pounds with Ebookers which isn,t bad for this time of year

Booked LHR to BKK on 3rd Jan to 31st Jan £696 Direct, although the same flight today with the same airline is £909!!!

I follow flight prices a lot and 'sometimes' not always flight prices from LHR to BKK drop on a Thursday - do not ask me why

Thanks for the post.

Where you say that flight prices on that route drop on a Thursday, are you saying that the cheapest day to fly out on is a Thursday or the best day to look for bargain flights is a Thursday?

Im in the same boat, well returned two weeks ago and desperate to go back! I would say anything booked now and early new year you are paying the premium prices, the airline 'so your desperate to go, we'll make you pay' prices. Maybe middle of jan once the schools are back, there might be the odd flight sale but I won't hold my breath. Did the flooding in Bangkok put a lot of people off?? If it did there might be more flight sales to Bangkok. I have yet to go over £480, twice with Etihad and once with Royal Brunei travelling in March once and November to early/middle december twice with Etihad. I am hopeful for the same prices next year.

Well bad news for me! Looks like I'm stuck in the uk. Flight prices are still sky high and no sign of changing.

Such a waste as I'm off work tills 9th of jan. suck in shitty uk!

I always use skyscanner and booked in November with Thai airways direct dept 3/12 and return 1/1 and paid £605 which was £50 cheaper than last year.

Edited by overseas516

Well its gotta be the worst time to buy a ticket anywhere really.

Well its gotta be the worst time to buy a ticket anywhere really.

I no mate. I guess I'll have to wait to march when tickets drop to £450

I always use skyscanner and booked in November with Thai airways direct dept 3/12 and return 1/1 and paid £605 which was £50 cheaper than last year.

I use a few sites, skyscanner and travelsupermarket are the best in my opinion. Unfortunately due to the time of years I can't justify £800 on a week flight! Damn