Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

18 coins on soi buakow

stickyfingers

Hi chaps,

Finally tried the 18 coins rest in soi buakow, opposite sutus ct, week ago on sunday after few friends reccomended the place.

Was about 7pm and thought would try a roast dinner and couldnt see anything on the board outside as was told to look out for special of the day on the board.

Anyway went for it and got last available table as place was full.

Ordered roast beef dinner 230bt from menu and soft drink and relaxed in seat as had some sports on the tvs showing.

Staff looked stressed and were mix of ladyboys and small usual issan chimps/ladies trying to do their best.

Well waited for 45mins until the food arrived which did taste good i admit, but was close to doin what a nearby customer did and cancel the order as he had waited 50 mins and his mrs had already had hers!! There seemed to be lack of co-ordination on the ordering as some tables were gettin 1 serving leaving the bemused partner to stare at the other partners food for another 20 mins until theres arrived!! :NoNo3:

I did have a bread n butter pud too with custard, 105bt, as not had that for ages since leavin home but tasted far too spongy and was lookin for the other side of it being green as in dish washin up sponge as was that spongy!! :unsure:

A few waitresses did apologise and i took it in my stride as am laid back and was 1st time there so am takin it easy but some older customers were giving some stick to them for the delays in meals arriving.

I did say to the staff u needed roller skates on or a bigger kitchen with suitable numbers of chefs to get the food out in time, they agreed and hope the boss learns too.

God help them at xmas as they've been promoting the xmas dinner menu here and in few bars too around LK Metro, but the above would put me off as god knows how long you would have to wait on xmas day!?! :unsure:

cheers,

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

At least you got served. I sat there once for 15 minutes and left without anyone coming near me.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I stayed in the hotel for 3 months 2 years ago...i had food most days in there and its always good, pity about the lack of staff

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

555 It is Thailand not Europe. Cha cha mai leo leo. I recommend make order by telephone 45 minute before you come :Think1:

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Maybe you could try to telephone them from the table............too long waiting 50 mins....sorry I would of left.

Edited by badboybilly

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

Problem is that many smaller cheaper restaurants in tourist areas that are associated with cheap hotels or guesthouses, just pick up their staff from the streets without any training or cooking skills at all!

One of the main problems I've encountered on many occasions is that the personel taking up the orders doesn't write it down, and often get it wrong because their english skills are too bad,

and sometimes if it's busy they simply forget the orders !

But I suppose you get what you pay for!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Hope I'm not thread fucking but....a few years back I used to work in the kitchen of a resort bar here in the UK.

During the kids holidays July/August we were unbelievably busy with 60minute waits sometimes for food, but we would tell the staff to let customers know that the kitchen was extremely busy and for how long their orders would take to come out.

Some people left without ordering but most would get the beers in and sit outside in the beer garden and wait....if you got the food out to them in 45mins instead of 60mins most were happy. The most important 2 things were keeping them informed and getting ALL the order out at the same time even if it did take so long!

Last time I was over in Patts I ate a few times in the 18 coins...each time most of the tables were taken by lone mongers like myself and a few husband and wives but still my order was taken pretty fast and the food didnt take long to come out.

There seemed plenty of staff there except one night when I sat down not noticing 4 Russians on on the table opposite.... the staff looked terrified and wouldnt come down the left side where i was seated.

One TG eventually came over took my order and then started to remove the plates from the Russians table.She asked them if their food was ok...the shouted reply was "FUCKING NO!".

Ignorant bastards.... but maybe they had been waiting an hour for food as well!?

If I had waited that long I would have told one of the staff I'm leaving 1st before I walked, that way they dont waist time cooking your food when they could be getting on with other customers orders. But then again Soi Bukhaow/Lengkee/Dianna has a few good places to eat, If one looks busy I have a stroll to the next place.

I have eaten many times in this place and has always been great food, yes lb servers who are also great.( i think its a bit wrong to refer to issan girls as chimps ) but thats up to you i suppose, not cool tho.

I will eat there again soon and update this thread as i dont like dissing businesses

seemed busy.........today........I walked past there

76.jpg

Edited by badboybilly

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

I also had to wait very long time for my food yesterday. Other customers who ordered similar food after me got it long time before me.

Yeh, the service has gone down hill a little bit lately but I put that down to the place being busy. Twice in the last 2 weeks I've ordered sweet n sour chicken with rice and the waitress has turned up with sweet and sour prawns. Not a huge problem as I'll eat anything but a little annoying to think the chef hasn't read the order ticket correctly.

On a couple of other occasions, too, i've been there with my TG and my foods gets brought to the table a good 10 minutes before hers does. It's not ideal eating my food first to avoid it going cold, and then having to watch her eat alone.

When it's busy, too, it can be a bit annoying to see the waitresses larking around and generally working in typical Thai slow motion.

I generally like the place, the food is nice and up until recently the service was good. Fingers crossed it's just a passing problem......

My tgf and I had breakfast there Mid-November after a strong recommendation, we too sat for ages waiting for our food and when it arrived wasn't brilliant. So sorry, back to Kilkenny.

yes lb servers who are also great.( i think its a bit wrong to refer to issan girls as chimps ) but thats up to you i suppose, not cool tho.

I agree :Good_Post: Isaan girls have always treated me as a person they want to be with, and I see them as people I prefer to be with...while we may fcuk like animals, I sure as shit do not see them as being one

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid I was put off going back to 18 Coins by the ladyboy waitress who served my breakfast. Probably more my problem than theirs, but not my cup of tea to be eating breakfast and watching her noisy antics around the customers and passing motorbikes. Keep ladyboys in Walking Street and other nightime venues for those of that persuasion, but for my money, not in restrurants. How can the owner think it enhances his business?

Sorry not my bag.

I'm afraid I was put off going back to 18 Coins by the ladyboy waitress who served my breakfast. Probably more my problem than theirs, but not my cup of tea to be eating breakfast and watching her noisy antics around the customers and passing motorbikes. Keep ladyboys in walking street and other nightime venues for those of that persuasion, but for my money, not in restrurants. How can the owner think it enhances his business?

Sorry not my bag.o a

Whilst I do love ladyboy's....I do see your point from a customer perspective....especially if they are 'screeching' or whatever....but if they are clean,tidy and presentable and do a good service .... then there should be no problem

I ate there last trip on one of my first days....end on August.

The service was good and the food was decent.

I was in a group of 3 and the food was served pretty quickly.

The thing I loved most about the place was the open air feel about it.

It's a great place to chill in the afternoon.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I ate there last trip on one of my first days....end on August.

The service was good and the food was decent.

I was in a group of 3 and the food was served pretty quickly.

The thing I loved most about the place was the open air feel about it.

It's a great place to chill in the afternoon.

It's obviously changed a lot since August mate!

also i ate there in Sept food and the service was :10of10Score:

The LB in question was he/she on short side and little chubby ?

Dayo...

I always think the food is really good there although sometimes there is a bit of a wait. Still worth it though. I like the open air style and i think the lady boy is hot. Anyone seen her outside the restaurant?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few breakfasts there during my trip Dec 2011 to Jan 2012. The breakfast was good value for money. 2 eggs, bacon, sausage toast, beans or tomatoes, fried bread, a glass of orange juice and mug of tea all for 100 Bt. The srevice was a bit slow and the waitresses didn't smile much so I didnt give them the usual tip.