IGNORED

Areca lodge ?

jim2k

does the areca lodge have a back entrance where you can get to the avenue to do some shopping for supplies

whe i look at it through google maps it looks like they do or im looking at the wrong building

thanks for any info

Jim2k

does the areca lodge have a back entrance where you can get to the avenue to do some shopping for supplies

whe i look at it through google maps it looks like they do or im looking at the wrong building

thanks for any info

Jim2k

I believe it does mate.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I dont know about the shopping but i often brought a lady in through the back entrance to avoid the ladys at the front entrance.

There is a rear entrance behind the Evergreen tower. From there it's just a short walk to the rear entrance of the Avenue Mall.

as above very short walk if your stayibg in evergreen wing, this is where my traxi dropped me too, not to the front reception opposite LK Metro.

I dont know about the shopping but i often brought a lady in through the back entrance to avoid the ladys at the front entrance.

Did you go through the back entrance because you were sick of going through the front entrance? :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry I emailed them about rooms for Feb and they are fully booked!! Sounds like Feb is going to be busy.

You can easily walk to Walking Street from Areca Lodge. There are 3 ways:

Walking - take shortcut over to The Avenue then walk from there.

Walk to Beach Rd and take Baht bus.

Walk to Soi Bukhoa and take Baht bus (heading South Pattaya Road). Baht bus will make a RIGHT from Soi Bukhoa onto South Pattaya Road. Get off at South Pattaya Road and 2nd road.

I stayed here 2 days. Smaller hotels are better. Like China Garden, just 200 metres away.

Also Areca Lodge pretending they are high end hotel, something more - personal is almost offended if you came back drunk or take lady with you. Weird looks. Also in this hotels are accommodated a lot of families with children...it's just not hotel for Pattaya lifestyle. It's more like escape from Pattaya to safe zone of western lifestyle.

Edited by meisy
2012-03-13_160433.jpg

Hmm.. never get any looks from staff. Staff were always courteous. And I do bring back girls with occasional deliveries (DD). :-)

Maybe it's me? Maybe its' you? :-)

I agree that Areca Lodge is not a very monger-friendly hotel. I would never stay at a hotel where I couldn't bring back an 18/19 year old, or had to pay a joiner fee for a 2nd guest. Plenty of much better alternatives around.

• 1 month later...

I found it a bit high priced for what it was. Some funny musty smell in the room. Much better value elsewhere. Whenever I see someone praising it, it makes me wonder if they have got around much. Our room was 1400 a night, but other places are better for 1000. Cheers.

I found it a bit high priced for what it was. Some funny musty smell in the room. Much better value elsewhere. Whenever I see someone praising it, it makes me wonder if they have got around much. Our room was 1400 a night, but other places are better for 1000. Cheers.

If you named these better hotels .....

I personally have stayed at Areca and have not found any issue or smell or anything you described. I stayed at the Evergreen wing and have posted pictures above.

That said, as DanFrank pointed out, you could name the 1000 baht / night hotel that's better value so that others could take advantage of it. And I am certainly up for a better room at much cheaper value.

I have stayed at the Areca Lodge 3 times now

never had any problems with the quality of rooms and friendliness of most staff, but the female front desk staff did show signs of dissapproval when i bought girls back, and never rang my room when the girl collected her ID from them.

ps. If you buy there discount card at check-in, you get 15% off your room rate and hotel massage.

Earning money for my next Thai flight

The service at areca is awesome, I love the pool, I love the location. CHina garden I woudl prefer bt they have 12 rooms in total, good luck getting a place

Hmm.. never get any looks from staff. Staff were always courteous. And I do bring back girls with occasional deliveries (DD). :-)

Maybe it's me? Maybe its' you? :-)

So you mean I can bring a girl to my room for LT and Areca doesn't charge for the girl cus she is my first guest. But I will be charged only for the 2nd guest, am I right?

I stayed at the areca and never had any problems, I was getting shorttimes with DD girls the whole time , there is also the hottest little waitress working there

i just returned from a 2 week stay at areca. i was very satisfied with my stay, clean, comfortable, 2 nice pools, friendly staff. the 20 year age restriction kind of sucked, but it was not hard to deal with it. lots of girls around. the l.k. group also has this policy in place. i tried to book for next year and they are booked. never had a problem bringing the ladies down for breakfast or for a swim.

Edited by One hung low