IGNORED

Getting rid of Dial-Up for DSL

tomx2

Hi.

This is a general question related to DSL requirements in the U.S. and not specifically to Thailand

I am thinking about getting Dsl internet connection and disconnect my current dial-up for my land computer. I know using dial-up is antiquated, but it fit my lifestyle since I am not home 9 months of the year.

With Dial-Up I now pay a low monthly fee plus charged by my local telephone provider 10 cents per call whenever I dial-up.

Question: With Dsl I know there will be a monthly fee, but will my telephone provider bill me any additional local charges whenever I connect to the internet? (Similar to 10 cents per dial-up). In essence is there a small charge per connection?

I want to get rid of my landline telephone service (Verizon) completely and just use my cell for receiving/placing calls.

Question: Can I cancel my landline phone service and still use Dsl for internet?

Does Dsl require an active landline?

Thanks.

TC.