Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Food for thought hepititus

Stanwick Lad

A month a go I had a Twinrex hep a&B injection as was planning to visit patt's in january!. A week ago I got very ill ended up in the hospital for 3 days with suspected hep a . Will not know for sure Untill I see the specialtist appointment in 2 weeks . Ironically i Have contracted it in oz as My last overseas trip was in july . The vacine is not live ie: that is not the cause of the infection just bad luck.

So if I can get here in oz I sugest any one planning to go to asia get vacinated as would not reccomend it iv drips and a 3 day stay in hospital and still feel like crap . Yellow eyes due to jaundice and brown urine Best John

Edited by gogo dog
caps lock fixed

stanwick lad

Thanks for the tip.

That's one I worry about. Still haven't had my shots yet. I really should get on that.

It wasn't me

Great advice.

Everyone should get their hep shots before leaving on holidays.

Remember also it is a 3 dose treatment.

The first 2 are given before you leave the last one 6 months later.

Give yourself enough time before your holiday.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

In the UK Hep A is a standard vaccine you get free on the NHS, but Hep B isn't just given to anyone - the doctor/nurse will decide if you'll be at risk during your stay (and no, sex isn't classed as being at risk - things like sports where cuts/blood can happen, or seeing a dentist, having operations etc). I believe you also need to take a prior blood test to show you don't already have Hep B. I was a little shocked at first, but the nurse said Hep B is quite common and I'd just be as likely to get it over here being with a girl than abroad.

JUST HAD THE DREADED PHONE CALL FROM THE MEDICAL BOARD IN AUSTRALIA SORRY TO INFORM YOU HAVE HEP B FFFFFFFFFF=K

AFTER HAVING HAD TESTS FOR 25 POSSIBLE ILLNESSES CAT SCANS X RAYS ULTRA SOUNDS AND 26 BLOODS I TAKE HEP B OVER LIVER CANCER ECT ECT

I ALWAYS BAG UP HAVE TONGUED BAR GIRLS & ORAL BBB ECT NEVER RIMMED

DON'T WANT TO SCARE ANYOTHER BOARD MEMBERS BUT SSSSSSSSSS=TT HAPPENS JUST ME THIS TIME . YOU COULD BE NEXT GET INJECTED MINE WAS IN TIME .

PLAN KNOW IS TO BEAT AND GET ON THAT UNLIKELY PLANE ON JAN 4TH

stanwick lad

I had a hepatitis scare in 2009 - over 2 months of gradually turning yellow and an alarming weight loss. Extreme fatigue and insane itching (bilirubin accumulation in blood) were the worst symptoms I had, although after a couple of months I was beginning to think the worst. It took almost a year to gain my former energy (the weight came back a bit faster). The consultant treating me couldn't find a cause despite a biopsy being taken, although suggested it could have been a developed sensitivity to ibuprofen. If you can get immunised to prevent Hep A and B, do it. Maybe take it a little easy on the sauce and be sensible with your BFs...better than being flattened on a well-earned holiday. UK BMs can get both vaccinations easily (and free), but plan ahead and don't wait until the last moment.

• 1 month later...

JUST HAD THE DREADED PHONE CALL FROM THE MEDICAL BOARD IN AUSTRALIA SORRY TO INFORM YOU HAVE HEP B

This actually makes a lot more sense than Hep A. The TwinRix vaccine usually provides full immunity to Hep A after the first dose. It's the Hep B that takes up to three doses to kick in. Also, Hep B can incubate for a much longer period of time than Hep A, so you may have been infected before your first dose of the TwinRix.

Not sure if you went to Patts in January, and I'm late in saying this, but I hope that you did not. Most adults with healthy immune systems clear an acute Hep B infection and in fact develop the antibodies to prevent future infections. But having plenty of rest and avoiding alcohol are crucial to your recovery, and a trip to Patts is probably not the best way to get the rest you need. On top of that, you are likely still infectious and are putting others at risk, even if you wear a condom. If your body does not clear the virus and produce the antibodies within a 4 - 6 month time period, then you will likely be chronically infected, which needless to say sucks quite a lot.

The good news is that it sounds like the onset of your symptoms was severe. There is some evidence to suggest that those with more severe symptoms (e.g., ALT & AST > 3,000) actually have higher success rates of clearing the infection than those with mild to no symptoms. This is also why many who are chronically infected don't even know.

I strongly encourage anyone reading this to get the Hep B vaccine. Hep B is prevalent and highly contageous - much more so than hep C in sexual contact. It's also entirely preventable with a few jabs over a 6 month stretch.

LM

A MONTH A GO I HAD A TWINREX HEP A&B INJECTION AS WAS PLANNING TO VISIT PATT'S IN JANUARY!. A WEEK AGO I GOT VERY ILL ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 3 DAYS WITH SUSPECTED HEP A . WILL NOT KNOW FOR SURE UNTILL I SEE THE SPECIALTIST APPOINTMENT IN 2 WEEKS . IRONICALLY I HAVE CONTRACTED IT IN OZ AS MY LAST OVERSEAS TRIP WAS IN JULY . THE VACINE IS NOT LIVE IE: THAT IS NOT THE CAUSE OF THE INFECTION JUST BAD LUCK.

SO IF I CAN GET HERE IN OZ I SUGEST ANY ONE PLANNING TO GO TO ASIA GET VACINATED AS WOULD NOT RECCOMEND IT IV DRIPS AND A 3 DAY STAY IN HOSPITAL AND STILL FEEL LIKE CRAP . YELLOW EYES DUE TO JAUNDICE AND BROWN URINE BEST JOHN

A MONTH A GO I HAD A TWINREX HEP A&B INJECTION AS WAS PLANNING TO VISIT PATT'S IN JANUARY!. A WEEK AGO I GOT VERY ILL ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 3 DAYS WITH SUSPECTED HEP A . WILL NOT KNOW FOR SURE UNTILL I SEE THE SPECIALTIST APPOINTMENT IN 2 WEEKS . IRONICALLY I HAVE CONTRACTED IT IN OZ AS MY LAST OVERSEAS TRIP WAS IN JULY . THE VACINE IS NOT LIVE IE: THAT IS NOT THE CAUSE OF THE INFECTION JUST BAD LUCK.

SO IF I CAN GET HERE IN OZ I SUGEST ANY ONE PLANNING TO GO TO ASIA GET VACINATED AS WOULD NOT RECCOMEND IT IV DRIPS AND A 3 DAY STAY IN HOSPITAL AND STILL FEEL LIKE CRAP . YELLOW EYES DUE TO JAUNDICE AND BROWN URINE BEST JOHN

Shouldn't your advice be to get the shots if you are going on a trip to australia? Or am i missing something?

PS Please don't use those CAPS that is considered shouting.

Some years ago I had a Thai GF who is a hep B carrier. I banged her thousands of times without protection before finding out she's a carrier. I had the test and the results are I have the anti-bodies, so I've been exposed to hep B and beaten it. Guess I was lucky it could have been a disaster for me. So there's more at risk than hiv and clap or herpes when BB in LOS, there's also the hep A-B-C viruses to be concerned about, all of which can be transmitted sexually. hep B & C through bodily fluids (blood, semen, mickey juice) and hep A through rimming. So next time you stick your tongue up an Asian's asshole just cross your fingers and hope she/he doesn't have hep A.

I just got my shots today. Hep a is a two step shot. Got one and get the next six months from now. Hep b is a 3 step shot. Got one today the next in a month and the last is 4 months after that. I leave for bkk in 2 months but the doc says it will be enough in my system to protect me

Just to give a bit more to think about.

I have been seeing this lady the last month. I started to notice that her eyes are often yellow. Now this could indicate liver problems. Doesn't need to be Hep., could also be just too much booze, but it did get me a bit worried.

I only had my first 2 shots and never followed up with the third.

Probably nothing to worry about, but you never know. Tried to ask her if she went to see a doctor for this, but didn't get a clear response.

Well you should be ok. The doc told me today that you have 6 months to a year to get your last shot. The time is only an estimate. As long as you have some in your system. They also have an emergency shot available that works fast but for a short time