IGNORED

Indian Tourist attacked and robbed by Thai gang on Pattaya Beach

benny31

Indian Tourist attacked and robbed by Thai gang on Pattaya Beach

(PattayaOne Source)

An Indian Tourist was badly beaten on Pattaya Beach in the early hours of Monday by a gang of Thai men and women. Mr. Yatindra Nirjun aged 36, who sustained serious facial injuries reported the incident at Pattaya Police Station following the arrest of one of the suspected attackers, Khun Nalaert aged 42 who accepted allegations he was involved. Mr. Nirjun explained he was walking along the beach opposite the Montien hotel with friends when a group of two women and three men approached Mr. Nirjun and attempted to take items from his trouser pocket following a suggestion the women join Mr. Nirjun at his hotel. The victim reacted quickly but could not prevent the theft of his wallet which contained 20,000 Baht in cash and his mobile phone. The three men in the group allegedly assaulted Mr. Nirjun before running off with their female companions. Khun Nalaert was charged with assault and Police are currently tracking down the other suspected attackers.

• 2 weeks later...

this is that sort of stuff that keeps people away from thailand not good :(

20,000 baht in his pocket.... Not a smart move.

An Indian guy carrying 20k Baht.

I expect there's a joke there somewhere, but I can't think what it might be. :hello09:

I hope they are the guys next to my room.

Dancing and listening to music all night only guys in the room !

In the morning, putting their tray of old food in front of my door.

20000 baht, highly unlikely, in fact utter fantasy, 2000 more like....

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

• 4 weeks later...

I always find it hard to have sympathy for Indians in Pattaya. I have heard to many horror stories about the way they treat the bar girls.

You Dont Need Eyes To See

You Need Vision

I don't care who it is I have sympathy for him. But when they say early morning hours I wonder at his smarts. I suspect he was out around 3 AM when the drunks are being rolled. Bad time. And across from the Montien is pretty deserted at that time.

This is disturbing.

Read a different thread earlier about an Oman tourist.

Sad for all parties - tourist and Thai people in Pattaya if this starts to be common.

An Indian guy carrying 20k Baht.

I expect there's a joke there somewhere, but I can't think what it might be. :hello09:

Bet you can but out of decency you are not going too 5555

Either way who ever it is not nice for them and the later it gets the more chance of trouble