IGNORED

agoda is tricky

shang

agoda tries to get you for the christmas rates for all your stay which is a big rip off. try doing a search on Agoda from dec 10 to dec 26th and places like hard rock are 3900 a night. but if search dec 10 to dec 17th hard rock goes down to 2600 a night. that means if i had booked 17 nights they would have ripped me off an extra 1300 for my first 7 nights.

i am just using hard rock as an example. some other booking sites actually show you the rates each night with only an increase for dec 24 and 25 but Agoda tries to get full price for your whole trip.

yes, well known for it. Other than that I think it's a good company. They allowed me to carry over a day last year because my plane was stranded in snow even though I arrived after the booking had expired.

They have ripped me OFF in the past. Just now I booked one and it always come back for 2 people, but for some strange :Finger5:unknown reason it came back as for 1. Luckily only one night, as there is a no-refund policy at hotel. They can be nice, and

con artist.

Be very careful when you do your booking and read the fine print. :7of10Score:

agoda tries to get you for the christmas rates for all your stay which is a big rip off. try doing a search on agoda from dec 10 to dec 26th and places like hard rock are 3900 a night. but if search dec 10 to dec 17th hard rock goes down to 2600 a night. that means if i had booked 17 nights they would have ripped me off an extra 1300 for my first 7 nights.

i am just using hard rock as an example. some other booking sites actually show you the rates each night with only an increase for dec 24 and 25 but agoda tries to get full price for your whole trip.

Yes you are right. Some times on Agoda it is cheaper if you book some of the nights separately. I have done this and stayed in the same room without problems. I just gave the hotel both vouchers when checking in.

Why a rip off? Agoda gets is discounts on capacity. If the capacity isnt there the prices stay higher.

Prices on Agoda vary, day to day, even hour to hour.

You and I could book the same room for the same days but if we booked at a different time (even just hours apart) the prices wil vary.

Thats why is good to CHECK Agoda always but dont expect to get the best price every time.

Fine to "dislike" the prices but hard to call it a rip of when its out of their control.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!