Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Can anyone recommend a midrange hotel in HKG for an overnight stopover?

Pistolbelt

Flying tommorow and cant find anywhere reasonably priced! around $200, close to airport or metro please.

cheers!

Where are you looking(area I mean)?

The airport hotels are going to be pricey but convenient.

You could always check out hotels near the Airport Express line so its easy to get to and from. On the mainland side somewhere in Kowloon....on the Island somewhere near Central(Hong Kong station)...if you happy to try the MTR which is easy to get around from Central I like Wanchai/Causeway Bay area....I use the South Pacific hotel but that's a short walk from Wanchai or Causeway Bay MTR.I've also used The Rosedale in Causeway which can be hit and miss pricewise but has a shuttle to Hong Kong station for the airport express. I remember also (I think) Holiday Inn Express in Causeway near Times Square is usually well price but I never stayed there.

That's the limit of my experience in the cheaper hotels in HKG...good luck

Maybe the short notice and seasons making choice a bit less....

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash

Try the Marriott Skycity. They will pick you up from the airport. They also have regular buses to the airport and to the nearest MTR station (much cheaper than using the airport express)

The Wharney hotel was a great stay and just a walk away from the action.

57-73 Lockhart Road Wanchai

Flying tommorow and cant find anywhere reasonably priced! around $200, close to airport or metro please.

cheers!

What kind of $ do you mean? Hong Kong or US/Australian?

I am staying in Imperial hotel located on Nathan Road close to metro Kowloon side for my overnight in ten days.
The hotel that fitted most bills and was fairly cheap by HK standards about 900 HK$ a night for de luxe room and a tad bit cheaper for the standard room on Agoda.

Johnny Wilde

CEO - Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya

"You only pass through this life once, you never come back for encores!" - Elvis Presley

"You guys took "normal mongering" and shot it full of nitroglycerin and then set a match to it" - thumper63

If you don't find something suitable before you arrive, there is a both just before you exit security that has last minute great rates. I have use them 3-4 times and gotten really good rooms for between $60-85 USD

• 2 years later...

I stayed at The Regal in the airport and the Novotel in waichi, got a discounted room for under $100 US not long ago. Two years maybe. You must take the train to get to the Novotel. Since you will be in the airport check with the hotel information booth as you exit on the right hand side and they will assist you easily. Right as you clear customs. Money changers there too. Good luck.

Archived