IGNORED

Multiple Re-Entry Permit

mal129

My understanding is that a multiple-entry re-entry permit expires the day your visa expires. However, when you get an extension on your visa, does the permit extend also,? Do you need to get another permit (and pay the fee)?

e.g. I have a single-entry Non-Imm B visa (ED). I pay 3800B for a multiple-entry re-entry permit. In 90 days I visit Immigration for my first 90 day extension. Will I need to pay another 3800B for a multiple re-entry permit if I leave Thailand during my extension?

Many thanks for the help.

Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting any

Hi

I have a muliple(triple entry) visa which runs from September to next feb. I can enter the country three times and extend on each occasion(90days). My visa runs out on feb 22nd so in order to get another 90days I will leave LOS return before the 22nd feb to get another three months thus extending my stay till early June ..

Therefore answer to your question is the visa permit date stays the same and does not change.. You must enter LOS before the expiry date to get a further three months(extension). If you enter after expiry then you will not get the extra months..

Hi

I have a muliple(triple entry) visa which runs from September to next feb. I can enter the country three times and extend on each occasion(90days). My visa runs out on feb 22nd so in order to get another 90days I will leave LOS return before the 22nd feb to get another three months thus extending my stay till early June ..

Therefore answer to your question is the visa permit date stays the same and does not change.. You must enter LOS before the expiry date to get a further three months(extension). If you enter after expiry then you will not get the extra months..

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am actually referring to the re-entry permit required as I am on a single entry non-immig visa expiring Feb.15th. If I leave los before then, my visa will no longer be valid. So I need a re-entry permit. I want to get a multiple-entry re-entry permit so I can come and go as I please. I will be extending 90days before the visa expiry. I just need to know if my re-entry permit will automatically extend as well.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am actually referring to the re-entry permit required as I am on a single entry non-immig visa expiring Feb.15th. If I leave los before then, my visa will no longer be valid. So I need a re-entry permit. I want to get a multiple-entry re-entry permit so I can come and go as I please. I will be extending 90days before the visa expiry. I just need to know if my re-entry permit will automatically extend as well.

Your re-entry permit should have a date stamped on it that it has to be used by. This will normally be the same date as the date you have to leave Thailand.

I have an APEC frequent business travellers card which costs $180AUD and is for 3 years. Each time you arrive you get 90 days. Visas are issued from all countries in APEC, that should include Canada? An extremely handy card as you can use the Diplomatic/APEC channels at all airports bypassing thousands of weary travellers.

See if your Dept of Immigration has one. It saves a heap of hassle.

I have an APEC frequent business travellers card which costs $180AUD and is for 3 years. Each time you arrive you get 90 days. Visas are issued from all countries in APEC, that should include Canada? An extremely handy card as you can use the Diplomatic/APEC channels at all airports bypassing thousands of weary travellers.

See if your Dept of Immigration has one. It saves a heap of hassle.

Thanks Ranger. That's a good idea. Yes, Canada is an APEC member. I'll be looking into this.

Your re-entry permit should have a date stamped on it that it has to be used by. This will normally be the same date as the date you have to leave Thailand.

Thanks Brewster. You are correct. I checked into it and the Re-entry Permit expires on the exit date stamped on your passport.