Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A politie and nosey question

Guest Q

I have always enjoyed my time spent working up in the Nordic region. Nice people compared to the more southern countries in Europe.

But i have always wondered lads. How similar are you languages????

Obviously to an outsider it all sounds the same to us, but are they totaly different or are there similaraties to your langauges???

Thank-you a Nosey Q

A Norwegian can understand Danish and Swedish, not Finish (most of the Finish can speak Swedish though) and Icelandic. Some of the Swedish and Danish people have a hard time understanding us Norwegians, but most of them understand us.

So we are quite similar. Written Danish and Norwegian is almost one of a kind, since we, Norwegians, were a part of Denmark before.

After that we were a part of Sweden, but then the Norwegians reached a higher step on the evolutionary ladder, so we decided to create a country for ourself. :Clap:

Edited by seven

A Norwegian can understand Danish and Swedish, not Finish (most of the Finish can speak Swedish though) and Icelandic. Some of the Swedish and Danish people have a hard time understanding us Norwegians, but most of them understand us.

So we are quite similar. Written Danish and Norwegian is almost one of a kind, since we, Norwegians, were a part of Denmark before.

After that we were a part of Sweden, but then the Norwegians reached a higher step on the evolutionary ladder, so we decided to create a country for ourself. :Clap:

Plz dont feed the guys lyes.

There was nothing like evolution invalved,we simply gave the land back in a week moment.

(we could have all that oil now)

:Dance1::LMAO1: :LMAO1: :LMAO1:

No Actually Q, before Sweden was a strong force and we went to war and "stole" the land of the Noweigans,but later we did give it back.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Understand eachother ??? :Cross_Fingers:

Can they speak ?? :Dunno:

Only joking. We understand some and don´t understand some, Hell, we have problem understanding what everyone in Sweden is speaking ( north to south ). :Clap7:

Cheers :Gift3:

SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT

Many years ago in Phuket I became mates with a Swedish bloke. One night we were in a bar and I got chatting to a Norwegian dude but him and the Swedish guy didn't even speak to each other.The Norwegian knew my mate was Swedish and said they didn't speak because of their conflicting nationalities.

A couple of nights later I got off with a Finnish bird and the Swedish lad told me that if I was Swedish other Swedes would think it was wierd that I would go with a Finnish chick.Is this a normal way of thinking among Scandanavians.Just wondered.

Andursch can also speak Canadian "gimme CC & coke " :Gift3:

Hi Brother Dude !

Nice to see you in the scandinavian section.

I can speak thai too:

Chok dee :Cross_Fingers:

SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT

A couple of nights later I got off with a Finnish bird and the Swedish lad told me that if I was Swedish other Swedes would think it was wierd that I would go with a Finnish chick.Is this a normal way of thinking among Scandanavians.Just wondered.

Hi Lincslad !

Well, I would think it was wierd if you BF a finish chick in Phuket. :Raspberry6:

Cheers :Chokdee:

SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT

lincslad. i think you met the wrong kind of swedish and norwegian. me and matrix would not have problem to talk, i talk nowegian and he talk swedish, no probs easier than english:P

"Do you suck dick?" "No sir" "Bullshit, i'll bet you could suck a golfball trough a garden hose"

Icelandic is totaly diffrent from Danish, Norse and Swedish. It is close to Faro Islandic but if I spoke Icelandic only nobody would understand me. As I speak Danish also I can talk to and understand Danes and Norvegans. Swedes are little more difficult.

Written Icelandic and Faro Islandic are similar but many words have diffrent meaning even though they are written the same. Written Danish, Norse and Swedish are for me as the talking.

Finish is not from the same root so it is totaly diffrent. It is related to Hungaryian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Germanic_languages

Edited by Taltos

In Finland they start teaching you swedish at 7th grade so, "everyone should speak swedish" :Clap7:

Me, Myself and I understand what people are talking in swedish but cant do it :P

I found It easier to understand a Norwegian then to understand a Danish. but thats maybe only me :wub:

Fuck It, Before It Fucks You!

My best Swedish friend is Matrix. I love him.

Bassgod and M.Mike are my best mates, not in a gay way..or is it?

My best Swedish friend is Matrix. I love him.

you are so sweet :)

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I´m Icelandic Can understand Danish "learned in school" if spoken slowly. Faroe Island don´t understand but sounds realy like my language, they say if i stay there for few month i understand perfect. Swedish and Norway no chance..

I would say that Danish and Norwegian is easy to understand for me and even a bit Icelandic, but as far as for Finnish there isnt really any similarities, though I understand a bit of that too:p

Hello! just a little information:

Iceland Language = The orginale Norwegian language. Remember Icland was settled by Norwegians..

Norway went into union with Denmark = Norway got an new language based on the Danish language...

England and France went into war, Denmark was supporting France and Sweden was supporting England

Napoleon lost the war, and Denmark had to tun over Norway to Sweden to avoid conficts with the winners...

SO.. Norway was forced into a union with Sweden in around 1812..

When Norway went independent again in 1905, Norway wanted Iceland and Greenland back, but lost the trail in Haag..

The situation are still like this: Norway and Denmark are like family..

Iceland and Norway is same people (Now, norway even defend iceland.... but against what??)

Sweden is like the big brother... and we LOVE to beat them every time we have a chance...

Finland...Well.. they are not originaly Scandinavian. Even they are blonde, they are from around Bulgary.

Sweden have invaded them many times, so the Finnish people hate them, but acept them..

Because all the Scandinavian has been cooperating close the last 50 years, we are like a big happy family...

By the way.. Did you all know that the GSM mobilephone system was evented in Norway??

The Norwegians did not see any future for the system, so they sold it to a Company in Finnland. A company that produced everything from rubber boots, Tires for Car, poor tv's, and stuff like that. What was the name of the company again?.. Hmmm, i forgot... Yupp, it was NOKIA...

• 3 months later...

And all the 100 or so original inhabitants of the small village of Nokia are now multi millionaire white trash :)

• 1 year later...

Late answer. :)

Most danes fully understand norwegians and southern swedes. Personally I don't understand much. Maybe because young people don't watch as much TV from Norway and Sweden as in the old days.

But I don't think it would be far out to say, the 3 languages are all dialects of the same language.

• 11 months later...

I'm from Denmark and I understand some swedish and norwegian but english is easier to understand.

I am swedish (duh:P). I met a norweigan dude last trip and we could speak, but as we got drunker he had to switch to english as i couldnt understand him. He could always understand me but as he switched to english i switched too without thinking about it. Ahh we had some fun there :Chokdee:

delete my account please

• 4 months later...

the languages has a lot of similarities as they and english comes from the german group of tounge,danish and norwegian ought to be closer than swedish norwegian.finnish belongs to finnish/hungary language group the reason that about 1.million finns speak swedish is that during history finland belongd to sweden,as time goes by the swedish interest in finland dwindeld and i think the swedish as a language will disappear.

• 1 year later...

Im from northern Sweden and I can understand norwegian and they understand me. My experience is that danes understand swedish but we dont understand danish. Swedes dont normally understand finnish.

Sorry Lads it is all Double Dutch to me . Mind you reading through the replys seems to be Double Finnish Double Dutch and the Faro Islands seem to confuse everyone.

To those understanding Happy New Year we are after all PA Brothers and in Thailand it is all Thai or Tinglish 5555