Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai language schools for English speakers in Pattaya

I am currently looking to study some Thai on my next visit. Anyone had experience with particular schools and how did you find the quality?

I will be staying near Walking Street but would be prepared to travel for a good school or teacher.

What exactly are you looking for? Just to learn some basic Thai during a 2/3 week holiday or take weekly lessons during a year long stay with an ED visa. Are you thinking about private or group lessons?

Hi Muu,

Thanks for replying.

A basic thai course over approximately 4 weeks. Happy to pay for a private tutor if that is the best way to go. I would probably aim for around two hours per day tution with some extra private study. I have found a couple of websites but can't judge yet how good the schools might be.

Regards,

Adam

Most of the schools seem to aim there service towards long stay visitors who want an ED visa. To meet the visa requirements lessons are generally 4 hours a week (2 x 2 hrs) for 45 weeks.

I think that the Walen school offers a more intensive course in that you can attend for more hours in a week but several people I know have told me they didn't like the teaching method used here.

As you are looking to study over a short period of time you will probably do better with private lessons arranged through a tutor or a school. There are details of one or two private tutors elsewhere on PA and these may be a bit cheaper than recognised schools due to the lower overheads.

I attend CTLS and I know that they will arrange private lessons and I have also heard good reports from a friend about Progress language school. Both have web sites so you might find a bit more info there.

I have taken (and am currently taking) one on one lessons at EasiLearn on Soi Buakow. They do the one-on-one lessons there. They are not one of those "ed visa" type schools. The lesson style and teacher have both been suitable for me. You purchase a number of hours of one on one instruction and schedule the hours between you and your teacher.

EasiLearn is on Soi Buakao, just a little way from the Pattaya Tai end. See Photoguide Map to Easilearn

Her telephone number is 0861419906 and email is [email protected]

"Time travel!! All you want is to slap a hippie, but all you get is multiple Kowalski's."

I have taken (and am currently taking) one on one lessons at EasiLearn on Soi Buakow. They do the one-on-one lessons there. They are not one of those "ed visa" type schools. The lesson style and teacher have both been suitable for me. You purchase a number of hours of one on one instruction and schedule the hours between you and your teacher.

EasiLearn is on Soi Buakao, just a little way from the Pattaya Tai end. See Photoguide Map to Easilearn

Good info thanks.

There is a language school run by a Thai lady down Soi Tukcom. It is on the left hand side going down the soi.

The have a really good teacher there who provides Thai language courses. Hours and price can be negotiated. They will do 1 on 1 instruction or group classes.

Sorry, I can't remember the name of it right now but will post again when I get to Pattaya

5 days to go

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thanks for this info.

It's really hard to find lessons in Sydney Australia so I might try and do some one on one lessons on my next trip.

I really want to get better at my Thai.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

As stated above, if you don't need the ED Visa then avoid the schools offering it. They are just Visa Mills and the teaching methods have been highly criticized in the past.

• 1 year later...

in my eyes the best way to learn a language is through a private teacher and then practise it in your daily life. especially since it is very affordable here in thailand. the only disadvantage over language schools i can see might be if you like to make foreign friends... but i guess most people dont come to pattaya to meet other tourists anyway.

i can recommend my private teacher, she charges 300 baht per hour and her mail is [email protected]

in my eyes the best way to learn a language is through a private teacher and then practise it in your daily life. especially since it is very affordable here in thailand. the only disadvantage over language schools i can see might be if you like to make foreign friends... but i guess most people dont come to pattaya to meet other tourists anyway.

i can recommend my private teacher, she charges 300 baht per hour and her mail is [email protected]

Hi, interested in your private teacher. Does she do home visits or do the lessons take place in a cafe or shop?

Cheers.

There is a language school run by a Thai lady down Soi Tukcom. It is on the left hand side going down the soi.

The have a really good teacher there who provides Thai language courses. Hours and price can be negotiated. They will do 1 on 1 instruction or group classes.

Sorry, I can't remember the name of it right now but will post again when I get to Pattaya

5 days to go

Bump

Hi, interested in your private teacher. Does she do home visits or do the lessons take place in a cafe or shop?

Cheers.

The first few times the lessons will take place in a public place (she may suggest one, but at the end she is very flexible and it is up to you) but once you got her trust and she knows that it is really only about learning the language she will come to your place as well. Did you mail her? If so and she didn't reply yet, then I can tell her to check her mails...

The first few times the lessons will take place in a public place (she may suggest one, but at the end she is very flexible and it is up to you) but once you got her trust and she knows that it is really only about learning the language she will come to your place as well. Did you mail her? If so and she didn't reply yet, then I can tell her to check her mails...

Ok thanks. I have a big apartment with sperate living room etc so would be better for me. Havent emailed yet but will do so today. Im fine witha public place too...

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this information.  I am studying on my own, using web resources, before going to Pattaya, but I plan on getting some local instruction when I get there. 

There's only so much you can do my just parroting back canned phrases, but living in the Midwest, I just don't have a pool of Thai people to interact with.

Vietnamese and Chinese, yes.

• 9 months later...

I did the speaking level 1 class at AUA and I had a great time.

I planned to do the two following courses, but unfortunaitly I won't be here long enough.

They don't offer visas, so there courses are up to 4 times cheaper than other places.....while it is still a fair amount of money.

They don't offer private, but the groups are small. In my group there was on two other people.

Archived