IGNORED

Hotel availability Dec 15-25

StPatty

Not really well into planning ahead, but I jotted down some hotels, the numbers, and the general price.

What about directions will everyone in BKK/Pattaya know what I am talking about if I give them the general vicinity and the name of the place.

Or should I write down the exact addresse and at the airport have them translate it into thai so the drivers take me to the right place.

I am really horrible when it comes to directions, always getting lost even where i'm from, if I didn't have a gps I wouldn't know what to do.

Speaking of GPS would putting in a thai SIM card enable the gps on my phone, I guess it works off internet, so are there any sim cards that give you internet access.

Also, the hotels- do you think they will be all booked when I get down there. Can I just tell the taxi man to wait outside until i get the word if there is any rooms available or will he just take off.

If I need to book- which I dont want to book because I really wanna look around, and get the vibe of things before I have my entire trip planned out- but if I do need too since its a busy time I noticed the cheaper lil hotels arent listed on Agoda, do you book direct from the website or what?

Book a few nights to guarantee accommodation. Then look around.

I finally settled on Residence Gardens from 25 December. Options are becoming limited

so I am either going to have to stay in dumps- or real high end hotels when I am there huh, cause all the "good" cheaps will prob be taking up, if not all the dumps too?

That sucks. Anyone care to throw out a few more names of hotels in good mongering areas, so I can start planning and booking this whole thing out.

Was thinking Pattaya beach area- don't have a hotel in mind.

2nd street, and Walking Street (these are good mongering areas right?)

And LK Metro

I think I settled on Irish Rovers but don't see know way to book.

Also, my first night in thailand I am going to stay in BKK

Wanting to stay at Centara Grand, in Centre Mall just for the experience, but then stay more closer to mongering areas with girl friendly hotels for a night or two. Any ideas. Hopefully by the BTS.

Also do you think New Year eve going to be even busier I just planned on staying then too but leaving soon. Should I book that day even if I book no other day just to make sure I am not out in the heat or running around all day. Maybe book christmas eve and christmas day too.

Sorry about being all over the place have some bad ADD.

Edited by StPatty

I just saw some pic of the Residence Garden- might book this for the days following up to christmas and christmas itself. Then get a suite somewhere for New Years. And then just wing it the rest of the days I am here.

Do you know how much Baht that one runs? Mostly I am interested in if its in the heart of any good mongering destinations so I can walk to and from my hotel thanx.

StPatty,

For enabling your GPS function on your mobile, check out this thread

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91031-thai-sim-card-with-internet-access/

As for hotels, it really depends on your budget.

If you want sub 2000b there are several good choices available online. sub 1000b I recommend Canterbury Tales or Billabong.

Completely full mate sorry.

Cheers Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg