Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New Laptop for Thai GF

discoman

I just purchased a new (refurbished) laptop for my GF. After I purchased I realized that the keyboard would be wrong as it was purchased in the US. What are the chances of getting a replacement keyboard in Thailand for a HP-G56 laptop.

Should i return it and buy a laptop in Thailand?

Find out what the replacement keyboard would cost you in the US first....If its way over $100 you'd be better off changing it in Thailand.

For things like this ebay is usually the best option.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=HP-G56+keyboard&_sacat=0&_dmpt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_KeyboardsMice&_odkw=HP-G56+keyboard&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

It’s probably best to search the manufacturers website and the internet with google to see if a Thai keyboard actually exists and find the part number. Then put it into ebay. The same keyboard may fit several models of computer so finding the part number is the best option rather than search on one particular machine.

If there are none for sale now you can set up a regular search on ebay that checks new auctions every day and emails you details of any that match.

Keyboards are usually quite simple to replace. For dell there are clear instructions on changing parts like the keyboard but they don’t always come top of a search. I imagine there are similar instructions for HP. If not google or check youtube and hopefully if you are unsure of what to do some has already documented it.

Have the Thai language software installed, and buy the stickers that have the Thai letters on them. They are sold everywhere. This is your cheapest option. I have done this for my wife and it works like a charm.

maybe a stupid idea, but can you purchase a separate Thai keyboard and plug it in?

i can buy an external keyboard but it kind of defeats the purpose of a laptop. Thanks for all the advice. I will look at tuk.com for a keyboard. If not available i will so the download and the stickers. I think even with the stickers I will still need a keyboard because the letters on a US keyboard are right in the middle of the key and not to the side like international keyboards.

Thanks everybody.

I once bought 2 sets of stickers for a keyboard thruogh ebay. They came from Canada. $12 for two, and took a week and a half to arrive in Aus.