IGNORED

dbl entry tourist visa after "o" visa extension expires

djmarkey

Hi Guys,

I am currently on my extension of my "O" visa (15 months which expires mid Dec)

In my passport I have 1 single entry "30 day" tourist (issued 2009)and 2 "O" visas - both issued at Hull office in UK.

Will I get any problems getting refused a dbl entry tourist visa (6 months in total with immigration & cambodia visa run halfway through) from loas as I have heard many different a story & things saying they now dont issue said dbl entry tourist visas if you are on the 15 month extension of a 12 month "O" visa

, and only give you 30 days!

I intend on using a visa run company for this in the hope that I will be okay to stay in los for another 6 months.

Anyone had any problems? Any suggestions or advice?

Cheers.

Is it your intention to continue staying in Thailand long term? If it is you may like to consider an education visa. It could be a lot less hassle than doing the tourist visa shuffle!!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I intend on using a visa run company for this in the hope that I will be okay to stay in los for another 6 months.

You really need to ask the Visa run company you're planning to use, as I've read that some are not guaranteeing that you'll get one and then you'll just come back with 15 days for a land crossing. If you fly into PNH and try yourself you'll at least get 30 days if you fail.

The thing you need to be aware of are the changes brought in for long stayers trying to use Tourist Visas - which sounds a bit like you lol.

The new rules only apply in neighbouring countries i.e. Cambodia & Laos - which may affect you.

You need to find the thread, but it's about having a return flight ticket out of Tthailand, a hotel booking and cash from memory - something else I can't think of.

The short answer would have been that you may have problems, but there's usually a way.

Scummy's suggestion of an Ed' visa might work, but expensive for 6 months?

Hi Guys,

I am currently on my extension of my "O" visa (15 months which expires mid Dec)

In my passport I have 1 single entry "30 day" tourist (issued 2009)and 2 "O" visas - both issued at Hull office in UK.

Will I get any problems getting refused a dbl entry tourist visa (6 months in total with immigration & cambodia visa run halfway through) from loas as I have heard many different a story & things saying they now dont issue said dbl entry tourist visas if you are on the 15 month extension of a 12 month "O" visa

, and only give you 30 days!

Anyone had any problems? Any suggestions or advice?

Cheers.

Why not extend your "O" visa?!

I don't think you can. I think that's only for Tourist Visas (30 days) and visa Waiver (7 days).

Stretching it to 15 months by timing your last border run right is what he's already done.

He would need to be married or 50 years old or older. I suspect he is neither...:P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Yes, correct I have already extended my O visa and my 15 months is up in Dec - this can not be extended any more!

I was thinking of the ED visa thing, until I spoke to a guy in Patts a few weeks ago! His mate (somehow out here for 5 years) done all the visa's you could think of, then got reused his 3rd "back to back" dbl entry. He went down the ED road and all fine until immigration at Jomtien pulled him in for his 6 month (2nd interveiw) reveiw.

On his 1st (3 month) reveiw he was fine and they didn't even ask him any questions. On his 2nd interveiw they started talking in fluent thai to him, expecting a fully blown conversation, his ED visa was revoked and he had to leave Thailand within 15 days!

My thai is crap! I wasn't even good at my own school as a kid so got no chance! Guess I'll have a pop at the dbl entry, and should I not be lucky, go for the ED as a last resort! It's either that or marry a thai girl pretty darn quick for the marriage cert....maybe a cheaper route!! lol

Yes, correct I have already extended my O visa and my 15 months is up in Dec - this can not be extended any more!

I was thinking of the ED visa thing, until I spoke to a guy in Patts ..........................

I'm told that the trick is to get your Ed' Visa in Bangkok and then Pattaya can't or don't check it.

About 25k?

No, getting married isn't a cheap or even an easy way. :Think1:

Go with first class visa runs or five star visa runs out of Pattaya if you want to guarantee your double entry TR.

My thai is crap! I wasn't even good at my own school as a kid so got no chance! Guess I'll have a pop at the dbl entry, and should I not be lucky, go for the ED as a last resort! It's either that or marry a thai girl pretty darn quick for the marriage cert....maybe a cheaper route!! lol

I think you can get an ED visa to learn Russian...:D