IGNORED

Best way to cheap flights

oxyjohn

I was wondering what members experiences are and recommendations for places to find cheap flights (from the UK). Over the years i've booked through various means. I used to book a lot with Trailfinders they always used to find the cheapest flights but now they've gone right off the boil. The Flight Centre used to be good and have a price match promise. Both these have high street shops around the country. Online i've used Skyscanner but lately i found them frustrating as the cheap flights they find often weren't available. My current favourite, and it's the one i've used to book my latest trip, is Kayak.They found flights that were not found by other online sites. It was a bit unusual, for me anyway, in that it was Lufthansa outbound and Swiss inbound. But the flight was the cheapest by a long way. What are other members reccomendations??

http://www.cheaptickets.be/index.cfm?ecmp=3248&gclid=CP3834zS3qwCFQRO3godxjs-ZA

I have booked through this one a couple of months in advance

550 euro + 100 euro for taxes, expenses, assurance..... you know how it works so for 650euro with Aeroflot

kayak for me. have booked my ticket using them.

sent me alerts when tickit price changed. so booked when i got the best price i could.

june 2012 eva air london-bkk £579

Yes i've got the price alert thing and they definitely found my the best price as far as i could see.

Just use westeast travel-no need to bother with search engines. Proved over 18 years they are number one. Book with them and find another online cheaper and they refund no quibble. Unlikely ever to happen though.

Many people rave about Kayak on there from the UK.

Not sure if this iPhone ap works in the UK but I used an ap called Skyscanner in Australia and it is great for finding the best deals. I check it almost daily.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

sometimes you are better getting a quote from the airline website Emirates for instance offer some special prices during the year as does qatar who have ticket sales to those who subscribe to website.

trailfinders i agree are far too expensive these days

Google for me... Just put down like London to BKK flight.. Hundreds different site and offers will come up.

All good advice and have tried all of them including West East Travel. And yes Emirates and Qatar do have soem great offers on from time to time, Emirates were recently doing half price flights to Thailand!

I use Travel supermarket or west east travel.

I email west east travel for their best rates and the service is very good.

Stay well clear of Flight centre they are shit.

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

i have just booked a flight departing 25th December, been watchng ticket prices for last month, and have just booked with last minute .com through travel supermarket, usually use skyscanner, allthough Asda Travel seem to get some good deals. Fly with KLM, from Manchester-Amsterdam-China-Bangkok, 15 hours total I hope. cost £820, but week after i booked went to £720 and then week after that went to £920 and now nearly £1,100. Compared to £480 i paid in October. Think airlines dont know what to charge, and its just a lucky dip lol

I booked yesterday with Opodo, got a good deal flying with Jet airlines on the 10 th of january

(/y)

i booked my flight on the weekend with company called 9flights.co.uk...

Thai air in March £540 all in

Dayo...

Booked with Budgetair.co.uk £580 with Thai Leaveing 6th Jan now close too £900 used them 4 times now

Post your requirements with Kayak and you,ll get an email-last week booked MAN/BKK 3/6/2012 until 3/7/2012 with Emirates £465-2 hour stopovers only.Yesterday booked same on 12/02/2012 until 13/03/2012 paid the same £465.

:hello09: :hello09: :hello09:

Netflights are quite good in the UK they are part of Thomas Cook though and things don't look too rosy for them. Netflights list all the main airlines in price order similar to skyscanner in a way.

i usually go thru moneysupermarket never had problems before altho this year there are many stupid flights with upto 28 hours stopovers,whats that all about?

Thai Airways has some good specials from Australia at the moment.

Not sure about the UK.

Thai Airways has some good specials from Australia at the moment.

Not sure about the UK.

UK as-well £540 in Feb, cheap as chips

Dayo...

UK as-well £540 in Feb, cheap as chips

That is when I am going.

Might see you there mate.

Great price I thought my Eva air flight for £570 inc credit card fee was good.

When are you going?

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

Post your requirements with Kayak and you,ll get an email-last week booked MAN/BKK 3/6/2012 until 3/7/2012 with Emirates £465-2 hour stopovers only.Yesterday booked same on 12/02/2012 until 13/03/2012 paid the same £465.

:hello09: :hello09: :hello09:

Agree. Emirites cheap at the moment, got a special on but ends soon. I just booked for May next year £480. I paid £598 for my last trip last month, so I jumped when I so the Emirites price and booked earlier than I normally would. I prefer and usually fly with Etihad from Mankchester, but they were at £565 so, Emirates it is. I usually use Netflights for the daily / weekly checks, because they're website is Tops for info' and comparisons. But I prefer, and always book with Dial-a-Flight.

I've just booked through Opodo to fly with Emirates flying from Manchester. Decent times and 2 hours in layover in Dubai BUT, had I read this thread before I could have saved a few ££.. nevermind

I MISS INCUBUS

Air Asia are having a sale on at the moment..

Can get Return Fares from Australia to Bangkok for under $400.

Woot Woot

Great price I thought my Eva air flight for £570 inc credit card fee was good.

When are you going?

out on 29th Feb, Back on 23rd Mar....

i been checking the flight prices for them date for the best part 3 months

Dayo...