IGNORED

LK Ren Possible Problem

noknmai

I'm currently staying at the LK Ren and had a problem the other night bringing back 3 girls.

The guy at reception said there is a joiner fee of 500 bht each for the 2nd and 3rd girls. I thought he was trying to take the piss so the girls kept their ID's and came up to the room.

The following day I asked at reception what the policy was as I'd never been asked for joiner fees regardless of the number of girls and they said they've changed their policy and the security guy from the previous night was correct.

Any other BM's had this happen?

Another thing to be aware of is that the land at the back has been cleared and the girl I was with this morning seemed to think that Condo's are going to be built there. If so that's going to mean a lot of noise once they get started.

Cheers

Noknmai

Really? I've never had a problem in the past when staying their, but I only ever took one lady at a time to my room... The hotel can occasionally be pretty noisy at night if you're staying near the front due to the nearby beer-bars, or if a few drunken guys decide to "go swimming" in the pool, but on the whole I really like it. I just hope they warn people of when the building work takes place as I hope to stay their sometime in March!

Just came back from 12 nights in LK Metropole and they now have a sign on the front desk stating that they want 500baht for a third person in the room.

<p>

Well to be Honest 500 Baht for a Third bit of Fluff isn't Bad.

If you think about it Four Showers before any deed Four Showers when finished makes Eight. Extra messy Bed Sheets and a possibility whilst engaged with Two one could slip out or get up to No good ( you never know )

Understand about the Joiner Fee as hotel wants some cost ref above comments.

Bad news about possible building though

Uggg. The no JF policy made LK Ren my hotel of choice. If that isn't true anymore then I need to find a new place to stay. What a bummer!

The rooms is for 2 persons like all rooms.

If you take back a 3rd person then I agree they are going to charge a fee.

1000 baht is steep, 500 is more than enough IMO.

i have stayed in lk renaissance and bring 2 girls but they haven't charged anything. they may have changed the hotel policy

How long ago was the last time you stayed? Were the two girls at the same time or was it two different gals over the course of a day?

I've never had problems with multiples there

Haven't stayed in about 18 months

Did you talk to the manager ?

How long ago was the last time you stayed? Were the two girls at the same time or was it two different gals over the course of a day?

it has been around a year, and yes two girls at the same time

500 baht shouldnt be a deal breaker for a third girl unless its a princible thing, I had 2 girls one night at Page 10 the sheets and a pillow needed major laundry work, got charged 500 baht for that....Had a couple of issues with Page 10 this time around and I'm thinking LKs looking the better option for the next trip

500 baht shouldnt be a deal breaker for a third girl unless its a princible thing, I had 2 girls one night at Page 10 the sheets and a pillow needed major laundry work, got charged 500 baht for that....Had a couple of issues with Page 10 this time around and I'm thinking LKs looking the better option for the next trip

Just to be clear it was 500 each for both the second and third girls. I've stayed here several times over the last 2 years and never had a problem until this trip. I was last here in June and bought back multiples on quite a few nights.

It's worth knowing that since the first time I was asked for a joiner fee and basically ignored the guy and took the girls to the room without leaving their ID's at reception he is no longer taking any of my girls ID's. I guess he's hoping that I'll have a problem and then he can say "serves me right".

Cheers

Noknmai

Just to be clear it was 500 each for both the second and third girls. I've stayed here several times over the last 2 years and never had a problem until this trip. I was last here in June and bought back multiples on quite a few nights.

It's worth knowing that since the first time I was asked for a joiner fee and basically ignored the guy and took the girls to the room without leaving their ID's at reception he is no longer taking any of my girls ID's. I guess he's hoping that I'll have a problem and then he can say "serves me right".

Cheers

Noknmai

Not good. Once things turn sour like this it is ussually best to move on. That's what I'd do if I were you.

Seems like a number of hotels are going this route. I talked to one owner who said he made this additional fee when he determined that when more than 1 joiner was brought back there was a higher incidence of damage to the rooms. I can't believe this was a statistical study though. :) I am actually alright with this if it is known up front, but my problem is when they want to charge you when you just have a couple of people up for a drink or two or to watch a movie. I really believe it should only apply to overnight guests.

Jax