IGNORED

MacBook air 13" screen replacement

Ape1983

I recently damaged my screen on the my MacBook air when I went back to the apple shop in central where I purchased it, they thought is was really funny had them all in stitches. I was hoping they would help me send it to apple bkk to get it repaired for a cost. But nobody spoke any English.

Anyway I got a Thai friend to phone apple Thailand and they quoted 20k baht for the repair not including delivery. In the uk it would cost approx half of this, but I don't live there anymore.

Can anybody recommend where to get a mac screen replacement in Thailand for a realistic fee I.e 10k

Cheers

Jon

I am assuming you are over your 1 year warranty period, or that you damaged it, by actually breaking it or dropping it. I had a similair situation, where I damaged mine with water, within the one year period. I spent a couple of days in BKK, going to all the different shops, getting quotes, etc. Finally ended up at Uficon on the 4th floor of Pantip Plaza. They insisted that it was not water damage, and replaced it for free. If you are over the warranty period or damaged it in a way not covered by applecare, would still recommend them. You can google them or try this email address, though it is over two years, since I used this specific email address: [email protected]. Did you go to the Apple shop in Central Festival. Suprised no one spoke any english.

Good luck,

S.

Oh, forgot to mention, are you totally sure about your quoted price for the UK. I don't have an air, but a regular Macbook unibody, and 20,000 is about what a screen costs for my model in Canada. You can find 2nd hand screens, and parts computers on Ebay, etc. But Apple definetly charges a premium for their hardware. My model could have been fixed manually, but they even insist that it is not possible, even after showing them youtube DIY videos for the repair. I don't know about the Air, but if it has a glass screen that protects, the LCD, these can also usually be bought on Ebay, etc.

Why not try Tukcom , several shops wo do repair some better than others .

Often you can wait and see them do the repair so you're shore everything goes ok .

I got quoted 3K baht for the replacement of the screen of a 14 inch normal laptop .

I'm pretty shore a high end screen will be under the 10K mark .