IGNORED

HPV Vaccine

Menethil

Pattaya Memorial Hospital is selling HPV Vaccines for 6500B+fees (maybe a promotional price?) on Nov 30th:

http://www.pattayamemorial.com/memo/page-promotion-%3A-vaccine-hpv.-54.html

Is it any good? All the info I found about this vaccine is that some countries have adopted it for teenagers or maybe young people up to 26 years old.

Even though I'm young, I'm past 26 already.

Is this vaccine effective at all? Haven't got HPV yet (as far as I know) and this is one of my main STD concerns, because you can get it even if you use a condom (I know at least 1 guy who did).

Post your opinions/reports.

Cheers

Living the dream!

Meh...I've tried to get my vaccine and..."for lady only".

Guess I'm gonna have to live with the risk. At least I didn't spend my 6500b.

Too good to be true :(

Living the dream!

They give this to kids young hoping to give it to them before they start having sex, Supposedly if you had sex once or twice you are already infected and it is no use to you. This is what my STD doctor told me last time I went for a screening as if it was effective I'd have gotten it however that boat has since sailed for me in regards being a virgin etc. lol!

:) your not stupid and im not a lecturer :)

Read up about BIIIIG pharma and how they push drugs for profits.

I would like to get it..........but I heard most of us already have this HPV Virus .......so i guesss it;s no use.........I do like to suck cock so it's a risk I guess.

Be sure to get Gardasil.

The other one protects against cancer causing HPV only, while Gardasil also protects against genital warts. This is the one you want.

But let it be said that only 1 to 3% of people infected with the wart-causing virus strain develop warts.

The vaccine is recommended also for males, but FDA approved only until the age of 27.

Right now, it is unclear if you can catch the same strain of HPV again after a first infection with that strain.

If the immune system memorized the virus in the same way as it does for the flu, the vaccine would be useless if the immune system already 'knows' the virus strains the vaccine immunizes against.

It is estimated that 80 to 90% of people get infected at least once in their life, and that 50% of men test positive.

That would probably be why the vaccine is recommended for young ages only, and I suspect it is perfectly safe above 27.

Edited by manarak

these are astounding facts and figures.

Be sure to get Gardasil.

The other one protects against cancer causing HPV only, while Gardasil also protects against genital warts. This is the one you want.

But let it be said that only 1 to 3% of people infected with the wart-causing virus strain develop warts.

Now that's some interesting info. Do you know where to get this in Pattaya??

EDIT: I googled for it and I think that Bkk Pattaya hospital has it. A bit expensive specially out of the promotional fee, but surely worth it if this can really protect against hpv:

Capture.JPG

Edited by Menethil

Living the dream!