IGNORED

Golf - Amateur, just wanna have fun - where?

meisy

One of things I wanna do.

Go with girl to some golf field, borrow equipment, hire a golf coach and for 4 - 6 hours hitting balls and drive that little car.

I never played golf and don't know anything about it. Is there any very nice golf field around Pattaya? How much does it cost? Have some links and advices?

I prefer big fields with ponds, lakes and things like that. Don't want play minigolf.

2012-03-13_160433.jpg

Practice a few times on the range bofore and i think the small golfcourse right next to Asia hotel, pratamnak is a good place to start at

One of things I wanna do.

Go with girl to some golf field, borrow equipment, hire a golf coach and for 4 - 6 hours hitting balls and drive that little car.

I never played golf and don't know anything about it. Is there any very nice golf field around Pattaya? How much does it cost? Have some links and advices?

I prefer big fields with ponds, lakes and things like that. Don't want play minigolf.

:Hello9: meisy.The first thing you need to know.It is a golf course not a bloody field cows and sheep go in fields.May be try there first .The little car is a golf buggy.And for god sake get some golf

Etiquette.It is a game for gentlmen. :02: YOU ONLY HAVE TO TYPE GOLF PATTAYA AND YOU A WEALTH OFF INFO

chris my advice :Think1:

Wriggley Tin 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi geordieone..its the asia pattaya,it costs around 320 baht for non members,as many rounds as one desires,you can hire clubs,but i'm not sure how much for......its a great little par 3 course,good for your short game...have fun....

Long live campanologists!.....Cheers lads...your the salt of the earth!

The problem you have here in Pattaya is that most of the people I have found playing it are full on golfers, like you can see in the above comments with the above comments "It is a game for gentlmen" (and check the spelling for "gentlemen") ... how many gentlemen do you see in Pattaya, I mean WTF!

I would suggest tracking down the gold bars and talking with them, say you are a beginner and just want to go out for a non-serious game of golf and just have fun. They should be able to set you up with a group of people with similar interests/skill levels. My suggestion would be the Outback Bar (http://www.outbackgolfbar.com) but there are many other around that can get you sorted.

Its a great game, go out try your best and have fun and definitely don't worry about all the pounces that try to put it off as an elitist game/sport.

The folks are quite right. Go and practice a bit before coming out, it will make your outing that much more enjoyable....for everyone.

Edited by rocko76

" Lead, follow, or get the hell out of my way!!"

It might be worth booking a couple of lessons with a golf pro at a driving range before taking to the course just to get some basic grip, stance and ball striking idea it will help you enjoy the 4-6 hours out there more rather than going in blind and try to hack round with some 400 strokes.

But beware, it can be a very addictive game, like you I gave it a go for a bit of fun 10 years ago at my local 9 hole par3 course and got hooked on it for years and played some great courses over them in Portugal, Spain,Florida,UK and Thailand, personally always struggled with the heat in Thailand for playing golf.

Have fun, as for me, gone back to carp fishing, too many 3 putts spoiling my score card.

The problem you have here in Pattaya is that most of the people I have found playing it are full on golfers, like you can see in the above comments with the above comments "It is a game for gentlmen" (and check the spelling for "gentlemen") ... how many gentlemen do you see in Pattaya, I mean WTF!

I would suggest tracking down the gold bars and talking with them, say you are a beginner and just want to go out for a non-serious game of golf and just have fun. They should be able to set you up with a group of people with similar interests/skill levels. My suggestion would be the Outback Bar (http://www.outbackgolfbar.com) but there are many other around that can get you sorted.

Its a great game, go out try your best and have fun and definitely don't worry about all the pounces that try to put it off as an elitist game/sport.

If you group beginners in one group, you`ll slow the game down easily to 6 hours the groups playing behind this group won´t be happy.

Better practise first and have a few lessons from a pro. Golf is´nt an easy game. The etiquette is important too. The flying golf ball can cause a lot of damage and even kill.

I played my first ever round on a proper course in Pattaya, I went with friends and had no problem. Just do your own thing, on the first tee they were bringing out drivers I took a 7 iron and hit the fairway I was supposed to. Just because you havnt played before doesnt mean you cant. Go out and dont think you are tiger woods (untill you go to the 19th hole anyway) I had never played till I went there and now love the game.

You can go to Diana drivingrange for example, they have a free shuttleservice every second our 7.00, 9.00 etc starting at hotel diana inn & pick up at diana dragon,diana realestate and going back at even ours, they have golfpro etc.