IGNORED

Why use a visa agent ?

garyka

Girlfriend got her 6 month visa today ,did it ourselves this time.Girlfriend also advised to do anyother visa!s ourselves.Previously paid Thai visa express £500 ,WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for any advise whether it be good or bad about how to get my TG to Australia. I am planning on taking her here in August on a 3 month holiday visa to see if she can adapt to the Australian way of life first.

If that works out for us we will look at a more permanent stay in Oz. I am looking for information advise firstly the holiday visa anwhat I need to do to obtain that.

Second, what do we have to do to obtain a visa for TG to stay permanently in Australia.

Any information or advise would be greatly appreciated

Dammo666

Scumbag has some good links in the pinned section of this section of the forum that contain good information,

If you started this as a new topic i think u might get some better info from some of the members here.

I have done two successful visitors visa's for my lady, 1 for 3 month's and the other for 6 month's and we are in the process of doing a de facto partner visa at the moment, i will check in, and if i can be of help with this i will, but my advice is to read up on everything first , it is all about meeting the criterior to be succesful.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

Dammo666

Scumbag has some good links in the pinned section of this section of the forum that contain good information,

If you started this as a new topic i think u might get some better info from some of the members here.

I have done two successful visitors visa's for my lady, 1 for 3 month's and the other for 6 month's and we are in the process of doing a de facto partner visa at the moment, i will check in, and if i can be of help with this i will, but my advice is to read up on everything first , it is all about meeting the criterior to be succesful.

Thank's rickyt for the advise. I will start this as another topic. Keep me posted on any info you may have.

Heya Rambone could you PM contact info for your guy I am looking to get a hand with a Visa. I am currently serving overseas so its a bit difficult to do the stuff myself.

• 4 weeks later...

If your Thai GF basically worked at tesco, then went into the bar scene work, is it best to get her back into a 7/11 type job for additional work history while preparing all the document subbmittal? After reading alot on the internet and PA, looks like a USA K-1 Visa might be the easiest route. we are in no rush.

I come to Thailand 6 times a year, (every 60 days) and stay 2 weeks.

I can easily show a documented longterm relationship, and have an apartment in Pattaya where I stay when in town and she lives.

My thought was to distance our connection with Pattaya (to make it look better) and get apartment in Korat which is where she is from? Does this seem the best approach for prior bar girl?

Thanks in advance for any help....

:GoldenSmile1:

Girlfriend got her 6 month visa today ,did it ourselves this time.Girlfriend also advised to do anyother visa!s ourselves.Previously paid Thai visa express £500 ,WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY.

It's easier this time simply because the visa consultant got the 1st visa for your GF. If you did it yourself last time, do you think you could have got it ? Why didn't you do it last time ? To be fair, you can't say "WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY" ?

It's easier this time simply because the visa consultant got the 1st visa for your GF. If you did it yourself last time, do you think you could have got it ? Why didn't you do it last time ? To be fair, you can't say "WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY" ?

Please oh please enlighten me as to how an agent justifies 500pounds to complete a TV?

I am using a Visa agent for the 1st tourist visa application for my TGF to AUS.

I am paying him a reasonable amount of money, but I am not paying him to complete forms (although I expect he will do that also). I am paying him for the experience he posses in relation to my GF circumstances, so we get the visa the first time without f'ing it up.

I may post a new topic once we have submitted and got the result of the visa, giving the details of what we did.

After the first one, I doubt I will use the agent again, any further applications should be similar to the first.

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash

I am using a Visa agent for the 1st tourist visa application for my TGF to AUS.

I am paying him a reasonable amount of money, but I am not paying him to complete forms (although I expect he will do that also). I am paying him for the experience he posses in relation to my GF circumstances, so we get the visa the first time without f'ing it up.

I may post a new topic once we have submitted and got the result of the visa, giving the details of what we did.

After the first one, I doubt I will use the agent again, any further applications should be similar to the first.

That's fair comment. If the visa agents should have never existed or no one will pay their service charges for a "simple" job as they think, how can they survive ? Some people keeps on saying that what justify them to charge that much. It's simply because they are not supposed to do only a simple job i.e. completing the forms for you. If that's what the visa agent provides in their services and that's why the visa application was refused, then you should ask for refund from that particular agent rather than quering as to how other visa agents can justify their charges of 500 Sterling Pounds for a visa application.

My gf didn't have any money or assets or job, but she got a visa.

That's what sponsorship is about.

However, she did make a mistake the first time round which cost her the visa.

She could never remember the difference between June and July (the month we met) so I said minutes before she went in, just remember its month seven.

When they asked how long she'd known me, she said seven months.

They could see in my passport that my first trip to TL was only four months before and the Thai interviewer called her deceitful - really.

She burst into tears and the English guy on the interview 'panel' doing the typing leaned over and told her to re-apply in two months, but to get a stamp in her passport first.

The refusal said: deceit and has never left the country before, may be unwilling to return to TL.

I took her to Cambodia on the next visa run and got her a stamp and I told her to ask the kumnan (mayor) to write a letter saying she had an elderly mother and two children and that she was of good character.

This provided evidence that she had been abroad and returned because she had strong emotional ties with her family.

She was in and out of the next interview in minutes beaming like a Cheshire cat.

I know that some people don't like filling in forms but an agency could not have prevented that from happening.

There is some good advice here:

http://uk-visas-for-thais.the-real-way.com

Posted Image

'Behind The Smile' ~ the story of Lek, a bar girl in Pattaya ~

'Daddy's Hobby' - the first of five novels in the series by Owen Jones @owen_author

First visa done by Thai visa express was rejected,did it myself this time visa granted girlfriend in UK now thankyou.As i said "WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY".

• 3 months later...

Today my TGF has received her Aussie tourist visa approval for a 3 month stay. As I think I mentioned before we used a visa agent.

I cant say enough good things about the agent that helped us. There are documents he asked me to provide I likely would not have provided if I had done it myself, although that certainly does not preclude it being approved had I done so. I think the most simple answer to the initial OP's thread title is.....because you gain the experience and knowledge of the agent to get the approval the first time.

If anyone is contemplating a visa for their TGF to AUS, I would be more than happy to supply my agents details, please feel free to PM me. He is an Aussie based in Thailand, I met with him in Thailand when I was there, he says he so far has a 100% success rate, and from my point of view, 1/1 = 100%! I wouldn't say his services are cheap, although at a little less than an average airfare to LOS and the result I wanted, to me its great value! Just as a side note, other than using his paid services, I have no connection with him, and receive nothing for referrals!

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash