IGNORED

Price No Object Hotel

vic11427

Depends what you want really. I would recommend a villa at the Sheraton for that completely exclusive (and gf friendly) experience, or maybe a top end suite at the Hilton - very modern & funky (not 100% sure on the gf friendly bit).

Both of these options are around THB30,000 & up.

Some of the other 5* hotels also have nice presidential suites, but the rest of the hotel can be more disappointing for a really nice break, if they are filled with tour groups & other loud guests etc.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

All are GF except Hilton. I'd caution that Marriott rooms are very old.

Why would you need to worry about Joiner Fees if its 'money no object'

It is not about the money.... When I stayed at the Holiday Inn they made me feel unwanted when I bought back a friend. They were very judgemental and had a shit attitude so I moved out the next day and ended up in Mikes Orchid Resort...a third the price and twice the service... being expensive doesn’t make it classy. I did think of a few days in the Marriott but got bad vibes when I went there in shorts and t-shirt....It is horses for courses but I think you need to find the place that suits your holiday...Don’t modify your actions based on the hotel.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

• 5 months later...

The Dusit D2 looks amazing guys. I was planning on staying at the Sheraton because I can get a really great discount but the Dusit looks mighty cool.

Has anybody else had any experiences at the Sheraton?

The Dusit D2 is very convenient and has a modern funky feel to it, although you can see that the build quality wasn't fantastic & its starting to show. Service is good and F&B also very good. If you want location, its probably the best bet, but for a real 5 star experience, it doesn't compare to the Sheraton.

Prices reflect it (but you can get great deals for both at the moment because of the season), but the Sheraton service levels, food, views (get an Ocean view room) are in my view easily the best in Pattaya.

Possible disadvantage is the location - 10-15 mins from downtown. They have a free shuttle, but I think it ends late evening so it would be a taxi after that. The breeze from the sea and the view of the ocean in front of you, along with the beautiful girl beside you in the morning make it pretty special. (You have to supply your own girl!)

Both are totally gf friendly and at the end of the day, both are good choices. Sheraton is good to SPG members if you have status.