IGNORED

MacBook pro Thailand or Singapore

sharktooth

I live in pattaya but need to go to Singapore next week. As I was thinking of getting a MacBook pro do you think I would be better off picking one up in singers, rather than here?

If its made in Singapore.

Pains me to say this, as I like to support local industry, but I have had a lot of trouble with locally made electronic goods - my laptop, my mobile phone, my T.V.

One thing, though, the after market service has been really good, so I suppose it depends on where you will be using the product the most.

Mostly using it offshore, but my base is Thailand. I've heard stories the after sales service of apple in Thailand is dreadful?

Apple is worldwide and i am told no matter where you purchase Apple products from their stores there will be only max $100 difference.

I purchased my MacBook Pro in central festival. Although it has ENG/Thai keyboard it is fine for me.

I also claimed 3600 Baht back at the airport when leaving which was the tax. So i would say better than in your home country as i wouldn't of been able to claim the tax back unless i put it through as a business expense.

Going off topic any jobs going for Roustabout or Catering Assistant if you are on a rig? Cheers

I got my ipad2 in central festival and the staff were kinda hopeless. Couldn't even put the screen protector on properly. This worries me as I wanna spec up my pro when I get it.

Offshore I work as a diver mate so have no sway with the office. Best bet would be to get in touch with transocean directly.

• 3 weeks later...

Keyboard is the big issue for me.. I would prefer a non-thai keyboard so would probably choose to buy from Singapore.

Then there is warranty, maybe someone can advise if warranty repairs can be performed in Thailand.