IGNORED

Getting a suit made in pattaya

I am looking at getting a suit made here in Pattaya. Like everyone, as I walk around i get the famous hand shake from all the many tailors around Pattaya. But I always shudder away, as how do you know which one is a good craftsman, and who can be trusted?

Has anyone had a suit made here in Patts (how long did it take) and can you recommend them?

Hi,

This topic has been discussed on here loads of times, including advice on here as to how to ensure a top notch suit. Do a search and there should be plenty of hits.

My recommendation is Mr. Singh (formerly of the Royal Hotel)

bb69

PS: Any reason why you have posted this in the "Culture" section.

My advice is to go directly to the Thai tailors (like behind Tukcom) unless you enjoy giving your money to sleazy snake-oil salesmen.

I am looking at getting a suit made here in Pattaya. Like everyone, as I walk around i get the famous hand shake from all the many tailors around Pattaya. But I always shudder away, as how do you know which one is a good craftsman, and who can be trusted?

Has anyone had a suit made here in Patts (how long did it take) and can you recommend them?

post deleted

Edited by Butterflyman

Hi,

This topic has been discussed on here loads of times, including advice on here as to how to ensure a top notch suit. Do a search and there should be plenty of hits.

My recommendation is Mr. Singh (formerly of the Royal Hotel)

bb69

PS: Any reason why you have posted this in the "Culture" section.

Where would you suggest i post it?

My advice is to go directly to the Thai tailors (like behind Tukcom) unless you enjoy giving your money to sleazy snake-oil salesmen.

will venture down there tomorrow to have a look. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Where would you suggest i post it?

I would suggest that it would have been better placed in the "general discussion on Pattaya" section.

bb69

• 3 months later...

My father has been going to Siam Internation for years. My last trip I got a suit made, and about 8 custom shirts. It's on 2nd road. I don't know the cross street, but it's about a quarter mile east of Drinking Street. Would definitely recommend.

I was waiting for this topic, I've been going to Pattaya since 1980

and I meet a guy on Walking Street who is a great guy and tailor,

his name is Bill and his place is SIR MARLOWS his place is about

half way down on the right side, he speaks perfect english,thai, and

german he is always ready to help anyone and he is NOT a rip off,

one of the good guys.

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.