IGNORED

One2call (AIS) expiry date

BangkokBangher

Hi chaps. Thanks for looking :)

I've had the same number for over 5 years and don't want to lose it.

When I used to visit twice a year this was never an issue, but now I'm down to once a year I find myself faced with an impending credit expiry date and not due back in LOS until up to 3 months after that.

Does any body know how long the number holds good for after expiry date of credit?

I am not sure with One2Call but what I would recommend is taking it to an AIS counter / shop next time that you are over and ask them to extend the expiry date. I did this with my Happy sim for a minimal charge. I posted the information in another thread however if I remember correctly I extended it for 8 or 10 months for the cost 15 or 20 baht.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Top it up with online banking ? This normally extends the credit time.

If you are really in a hole and about to lose your number PM me your phone number and I will stick 50 baht on it to keep it current, then you buy me a beer next time we are in Pattaya at the same time. :GiveBeer1: :GiveBeer1:

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Thanks for the suggestion LP for future reference.

Hmmm, let me see, where can I get a beer in Pattaya for 50 bht? Oy yeah, a draft Chang in The Sea A Go Go perhaps. :GoldenSmile1:

Seriously Rod I appreciate that offer, thank you.

That's what I've done in the end, stuck 50 bht on from my SCB account, but it only gets you about 15 days.

Edited by Lancashirelad

I put 500 baht on my 12 call card the other day, only extended by 6 weeks. You can pay 30 baht a month and they will extend for as long as you want. the deal with Happy sounds bloody good to me, 20 baht for 8 months extension is a bargain.

DTAC Happy is the best choice if Validity is your concern. 2 baht a month for up to 12 months. Clearly the choice for anyone who comes and goes to the LOS and wants to keep the same number.

Usually I top up 1500 baht on my dtac one2call through my Kasikornbank account and I get 12 months validity

Try this: *500*9# imgPhone.gif – Add 30 days validity for 30 THB on Mao Mao package. More keypress codes here.

Brilliant. I was able to extend my Dtac which was due to expire in January to July from here in the UK. Thanks I have been using ebay to top up credit.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your various input and suggestions guys. I put 200 bht on to it from Scb which got me to 23 Feb. I was expecting to be in LOS by then.

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to make it this time :ThumbDown1:

So here's what I did, hope it might be useful to others:

I phoned the AIS call centre on +66 227 19000 Open until 10pm Thai time.

Press the required buttons to get English.

Spoke to a very helpful lady called Mia and explained my predicament. Her English was very good and clear.

She explained I could extend the validy at a cost of 30bht per month for a maximum of 12 months using the existing credit (which was about to expire at midnight) to pay for it.

Mia asked when I would be back in Thailand, as I wasn't able to say at the moment we put the max. 12 months on.

She told me that once your validity date expires, the number will be deleted 30 days later.

Today I sent *121# Received a confirmation message vaild until 17 Feb. 2013 (they must work in 30 days blocks rather than calander months)

Edited by BangkokBangher

Yesterday i put 50 baht online from Scb to ONE to CALL.. To keep my number, Extended to 19-06-12..

Edited by jocky king