IGNORED

advice on booking

gitteyman

Hi i'm looking at booking a flight from london to bkk.i plan on flying 7/6/12 return 7/7/12 But may want to stay longer.i have tried booking on a few web sites.But can not book a flight with a change.as they all seem to be set dates and time. All so the prices qouted are between £570 eva £620 thia direct.no changes.

I'm not looking for a stop over as i dont like the hassel of hanging round airports.even if it's a few hours

would i be better waiting a bit to see if the prices come down.Or is it better to book now?

I will be thankfull for any advice.

Edited by gitteyman

£570 for eve is good, i would book now

thanks for your reply but that price does not allow changes.

Go for it now... Once you booked, you will feel much better after all the agro over whether to book.

It sounds like you're looking at a discounted fare? In that case, the usual option for re-booking etc don't apply.

Your option is obviously to pay for a full economy fare, which should allow you to change travel dates (with a fee), or find an airline with a similar price and a better deal on the limitations on the ticket.

I managed to book a ticket with Thai from Perth to BKK for $873AUD as opposed to the full economy fare of $1,100. I can change the dates or cancel the ticket by paying a fee. Not knowing what the usual going rate is from London - BKK, I'm guessing that the ticket you're thinking of is heavily discounted, but it may be worth paying a bit extra to have the freedom to change your travel details.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I usually fly Thai or Eva but book on either e-bookers , southall , or netflights , etc etc .... did try to change a thai flight once at the Thai office end of beach road but they just said sorry cannot this ticket , i kinda got the feeling that unless you booked it with thai or booked an open return at the time then a change wasnt really possible .... I may be wrong but thats how it seemed to me , if you can confirm your dates then the EVA at 570 sounds bloody good to me

Do not forget you only get a 30 day visa unless I am wrong your date makes 31.

You could of course get a single ticket and then do a visa run when there or another brief trip in and out getting another 30 day visa

It sounds like you're looking at a discounted fare? In that case, the usual option for re-booking etc don't apply.

Your option is obviously to pay for a full economy fare, which should allow you to change travel dates (with a fee), or find an airline with a similar price and a better deal on the limitations on the ticket.

I managed to book a ticket with Thai from Perth to BKK for $873AUD as opposed to the full economy fare of $1,100. I can change the dates or cancel the ticket by paying a fee. Not knowing what the usual going rate is from London - BKK, I'm guessing that the ticket you're thinking of is heavily discounted, but it may be worth paying a bit extra to have the freedom to change your travel details.

Cheers

Perthiet the full ecm fare is over £1000 a big price diffrence and in low season is a lot

but i would like the choice. Iwant to book as soon as possible.So will have to make a desion soon. thanks for reply.

You could of course get a single ticket and then do a visa run when there or another brief trip in and out getting another 30 day visa

thanks for pointing it out ghost medic. Not some thing i thought about.Wont do a visa run.(waste to much drinking time) can go to immgrtion

office and extend visa.think Iit cost about the same as a run.

but i would like the choice. Iwant to book as soon as possible.So will have to make a desion soon. thanks for reply.

Damn, the full fare is a huge leap in price, no wonder you're keen on a discounted ticket!!

Are Thai not offering a 'change dates with fee' amenity with their ticket from the UK?

I guess it depends on your income and budget. If you really want to be able to change travel dates, it would be around an extra 60 quid a month to save up the price difference for a full-fare ticket and replace the extra outlay into your holiday savings.

My trips are always time limited so it's not an issue I have to deal with.

Best of luck with making the choice, it's always a bit of a conundrum trying to decide whether to hit the "book' button or not.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

made the booking. eva £279 dep 7/6/12 rtn 12/7/12 If i want to change i can up grade.Think it will do for me.Now all i need are loads of drinking and shaging vouchers. thanks for the replys. if i didint book now .I would just dilly and dally.and end up paying more

Edited by gitteyman

made the booking. eva £279 dep 7/6/12 rtn 12/7/12 If i want to change i can up grade.Think it will do for me.Now all i need are loads of drinking and shaging vouchers. thanks for the replys. if i didint book now .I would just dilly and dally.and end up paying more

Got to be a typo error £279.00 ????? or is that just the UK taxi fare ?

sorry yes a typing error £579 thanks for pointing it out

edit flight is £579 sorry about erra

I usually fly Thai or Eva but book on either e-bookers , southall , or netflights , etc etc .... did try to change a thai flight once at the Thai office end of beach road but they just said sorry cannot this ticket , i kinda got the feeling that unless you booked it with thai or booked an open return at the time then a change wasnt really possible .... I may be wrong but thats how it seemed to me , if you can confirm your dates then the EVA at 570 sounds bloody good to me

Each ticket you purchase has its own individual flight restrictions and whn you book online, before you pay, click on the small link that will display 'Fare Rules' so you know what you are getting before you pay. I suspect you are not checking this and just buy the ticket but personally i always want to know the full conditions of any ticket i purchase.

Hang on...........Holiday for one month in Pattaya :Help_Wanted: ------ or stay in England :Whistle::BB_Fight:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Hang on...........Holiday for one month in Pattaya :Help_Wanted: ------ or stay in England :Whistle::BB_Fight:

read good things about the canterbury. i put it on my short list.

read good things about the canterbury. i put it on my short list.

OK Mate, oh and when you come can you bring me a pint of Whelks, I used to go to Hastings and always got a pint.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg