Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How close is Pattaya Bay Resort Hotel to LK Metro and Walking street

tobeornottobe

With regards walking distance? and How good is public transport to both areas?

Edited by Serpentine

The title is messed up for some reason, im talking about Pattaya Bay Resort hotel and how close it is to LK Metro and Waling street by foot and how good is public transport to both areas from this hotel?

Urls don't really work in topic titles.... When you click on the thread to view it would it take you to the hotels website? Lol

Topic title edited.

PBR has a taxi service that will take you to within a 5 minute walk of Walking Street. You can use the same service to get back but I found it easier to take a baht bus, get off at The Avenue and walk to the hotel (about 5 minutes). You can walk to LK Metro but I wouldn't recommend it at night as the alley is quite dark. If you talk to the taxi driver nicely he may take you there.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Walking St on foot is a long walk (take about 25-30 minutes, maybe a little bit more depending how fit you are or how many times you stop on the way). LK Metro is a lot closer, just cut through Areca Lodge and you're pretty much there, less than 10 minutes.

Public transport is not brilliant to these area, as the previous poster said PBR has a tuk tuk service, (I never used it though) but if coming back from Walking St, take songthaew to The Avenue then cut through to the back. Public transport to LK Metro, songthaew to soi Diana, then walk up, or get one from the end of soi Bukhao (Tuk.com end) right to soi LK....less walking!

If you don't like walking then it would be best to stay some place closer. But if you like to look around and take a nice walk before you go to Walking Street then its good. I always enjoyed walking through Avenue mall and looking at the side walk vendors.

PBR is well located IMO. Quick walk down to beach Rd, grab a baht bus to walking St. Grab a few girls and head back. Directly, to the door will costs you 100-200 baht.

PBR does offer a service. Never used it. Would imagine going there would be fine. But I would not have the patience to wait to be picked up. I suppose you could ring before you left the bar and the PBR bus will be waiting.

My only complaint is that the pool closes at 6.30 p.m. !!!.

I guess i depends if you are a walker or not? LK Metro is about 10 mins max either through the alley next to 7-11 or down second road to Soi Dianna. PBR's baht bus or tuktuk will drop you off on Soi Song then it is a quick walk to WS

PBR is well located IMO. Quick walk down to beach Rd, grab a baht bus to walking St. Grab a few girls and head back. Directly, to the door will costs you 100-200 baht.

PBR does offer a service. Never used it. Would imagine going there would be fine. But I would not have the patience to wait to be picked up. I suppose you could ring before you left the bar and the PBR bus will be waiting.

My only complaint is that the pool closes at 6.30 p.m. !!!.

I've been using the PBR since it opened. Trust me, if you call the (free) tuk-tuk from the end of soi 15/2nd Rd it will be there in less than 5 minutes, normally more like 3 - at any time of night.

Yes, I would agree that PBR is great location, staff is great and they have no problem sending the tuk tuk outside normal area. Walking to soi Diana or anywhere on Soi Buakhow is a breeze. Walking Street is a bit of a pain unless you want to take a motorcycle taxi, in which case they are just outside PBR. I use them regularly and they are not too crazy, never had a bad experience on them.