IGNORED

Hotels with joiner fees

Han Solo

I've been coming to Thailand regularly since 2001 and back then joiner fees were fairly common in Bangkok and almost non existant in Pattaya. Nowadays this isn't the case. After travelling for 18 hours on my last vacation the last thing I needed to hear was that the resort, Kata Palm, (granted this was in Phuket, but the principle still applies) charges a 1000 baht joiner fee. I checked out the next day and vowed to never use a hotel that charges a joiner fee no matter how small.

Let's get a list going of what hotels in Pattaya, are biting the hands that feed them with a joiner fee, so we can take our business to the places that treat us right.

aka Big Poppa

Things are changing also in Pattaya.

How many good class hotels in Europe will allow you to take a prostitute back to your room for the night even if you offer to pay extra? It does also have an extra cost of towels etc.

Things are changing slightly, but Pattaya remains a mongering hot spot and most hotels do rent most of their rooms to mostly males picking up prostitutes. To me, this says that we should be treated as the bread and butter and not second class. Plus during low season, the hotels are practically empty, so who's kidding who about thinking they can charge you extra when they're hurting for business in the first place.

As for the towels and extra costs, I disagree. If a couple rented the room they'd pay the same rate as the single guy and use just as many towels as he does when he brings teerak to the room. If the hotel doesn't want TGs coming in, just prohibit it outright. So, bottom line, joiner fees are a money making scam especially when not mentioned on the hotel's website.

So again, addicts, please post which hotels have charged you a joiner fee so we can all decide if we want to give them our business. Also, hotels with no joiner fee, like Sabai Lodge/Inn and Lek hotel should get credit for being guest friendly. The idea is to have a post anyone can refer to when considering hotels. Thanks.

Edited by Han Solo

aka Big Poppa